NCAA raises APR cutline

Gopher07

Captain of Awesome
Reaction score

This is good news. Class may be important. Will this make more cheating though? Also for comparison NCAA BB Champ Uconn, was at a 930 last year.

This is good news. Class may be important. Will this make more cheating though? Also for comparison NCAA BB Champ Uconn, was at a 930 last year.

UConn had an 893 last year for men's bball (2009/10). Although, those numbers weren't released until after the tournament.

It has been raised to 930 from 925, not 900
Good move, I'm all for it.

It has been raised to 930 from 925, not 900
Good move, I'm all for it.

From the article:

Currently, teams with a four-year APR of 925 or below face penalties like loss of scholarships. Only if a team falls below a 900 and is therefore considered a chronic under-performer will it face 'historical penalties' including postseason bans.

Now the NCAA will do away with the 900 cutoff, forcing all teams to raise their academic standards or sit on the sidelines in the postseason. Under the new standards, 12 teams would not have qualified for this year's NCAA tournament, including Ohio State and Syracuse.

Our boys are treading dangerously close to that 330 line.. I know he's got a great track record, so hopefully Coach Kill gets them boys better academically and physically.

Top Bottom