NCAA Legislative Council moves to clean up recruiting

GopherLady

Reaction score
The Council approved 2009-99, which would prohibit institutions from hiring people associated with prospects for noncoaching positions during a period two years before and two years after the prospect’s enrollment at an institution. It will be considered adopted at the conclusion of the Board meeting Saturday.

Here's the article, and what the other portions would involve:

NCAA moves to clean up recruiting

GL...I can't believe this. Are you insinuating that College Recruiting is in need of more supervision?

Another meaningless rule that probably won't stand up to a court challenge. Way to address the real issues NCAA!

The Truth, I am interested to know what real issues are in your opinion.

$. That's your real villain in all this. Stop blaming the kids and hamstringing them at every opportunity and put the onus where it belongs: On the NCAA, on the shoe companies, on the networks, on the media, on the coaches, on the AD's, presidents, universities, the corporate sponsors and the boosters. Minnesota didn't just build a football palace to crank out Rhodes Scholars or mold young people's minds and Kentucky didn't hire John Calipari for his charity work. They did it to make money and that's the real problem with college athletics.

Another meaningless rule that probably won't stand up to a court challenge. Way to address the real issues NCAA!

How is not being able to pay "handlers" by giving them bogus jobs to deliver kids a bad thing? What benefit is there for the kid when Joe Blow gets paid and the kid goes to that school? The kid can still go anyway.

$. That's your real villain in all this. Stop blaming the kids and hamstringing them at every opportunity and put the onus where it belongs: On the NCAA, on the shoe companies, on the networks, on the media, on the coaches, on the AD's, presidents, universities, the corporate sponsors and the boosters. Minnesota didn't just build a football palace to crank out Rhodes Scholars or mold young people's minds and Kentucky didn't hire John Calipari for his charity work. They did it to make money and that's the real problem with college athletics.

Great points. I saw this coming a few weeks back when coach Felton and NCAA guy were on the big10 show. I agree with your points 100%. I also believe that AAU coaches should be held more accountable for any wrong-doing. Coach Felton was saying that kids these days have agents even at middle or primary school level.

How about making the coach who engages in violations primarily responsible rather than just the school. Violations happen, the schools suffer and the coach moves on.

How about making the coach who engages in violations primarily responsible rather than just the school. Violations happen, the schools suffer and the coach moves on.

I agree with that if they're found culpable. And they've done that in the past: Dwayne Casey pretty much has a lifetime ban from the NCAA, Todd Bozeman and Kelvin Sampson both were/are under "show cause" orders from the NCAA.

Top Bottom