NCAA first round role call to Austin,tx

diddy3191

Reaction score
Anyone heading down there? I know creativecharter.com is not going because lack of interest. I am taking the long drive down there. Curious if who is going and if so what hotels ppl are staying at.

Good for you diddy3191! I would love to go. I really think you have a chance to watch two Gopher wins in person!
Austin is supposed to be a great town and I am so sick of the winter!

Wish I could, but I can't. Gave it a moment of thought, but the daughter's state gymnastics meet trumps.

If they get to Arlington, I'm there.

Heading down with a friend and will be arriving on Thursday night. Are there any official/unofficial gatherings of the Gopher fans in Austin besides the game? Any recommended bars on to watch some of the other NCAA tournament games? Or any restaurant recommendations in Austin? Go Gophers!

We thought about it, but after going to Chicago, it would be tough to pull off two weekends in a row.. that said, I may peek at the "last second fares".. you never know :)

If we get to Atlanta I'll go. This year just isn't my year for travel but I couldn't pass on Atlanta.

Aye. Will be flying down Friday morning and staying at the Hampton Inn about a mile away I believe.

I was really hoping the gophs would have go philly so I could go. Travelling for Easter so kinda stuck here. If they make Atlanta I'll sell a kidney and be at the game!

I was gonna jump in my Jeep and head down I-29 Fargo to KC, then I-35 KC to Austin. But my Jeep is not up to it, so I sent the tickets to my brother in San Antonio, and he will make it. So, I am there, in abstentia.

Heading down tomorrow as a member of the pep band, first time I've ever gone to Texas, in fact I think it's my first trip south of the Mason-Dixon Line in a decade. Should be a great time! Go Gophers!

Was on the Delta website during bracket announcement so was able to get air tickets for Thursday morning with points. Needed that savings to pay for the Radisson downtown that has outragous prices. Open practice for Gophers is a 6:40pm on Thursday. Hope to see at least a few of us in Gold at that open practice.

Heading down with a friend and will be arriving on Thursday night. Are there any official/unofficial gatherings of the Gopher fans in Austin besides the game? Any recommended bars on to watch some of the other NCAA tournament games? Or any restaurant recommendations in Austin? Go Gophers!

Breakfast tacos at Torchy's (http://torchystacos.com/) are an absolute must.

The U's official thing on Friday is at The Tavern:

575987_10151587934294179_63826529_n.jpg

Top Bottom