NCAA 2023 Brackets

Louisville vs Pitt match is so much fun to watch. Both teams are so disciplined and have such solid VB fundamentals.

Louisville vs Pitt match is so much fun to watch. Both teams are so disciplined and have such solid VB fundamentals.
Busy today and just turned this game on. Surprised but not surprised with Louisville leading 2-0. I just felt Louisville has not been playing very consistently. However, they can certainly beat Pitt.

Are you saying it’s a fake?
Well, I really thought when I was watching that game and could see that seating section it came up a lot of Maroon in front of the Oregon Fans. My eyes could certainly be messing with me.

Sea of Red and Arkansas up 19-14 in first set on Nebraska's home court. Think Arkansas is prepared for this match. They are blocking and digging everything and lead 21-16.

Nebraska comes out of TO with 4 straight points and down 21-20. Sure helps to have home court advantage. Nebraska comes back to win 26-24.

Nebraska up 19-12 in set 2. Just some really great volleyball in these Elite Eight Volleyball matches. NB wins 25-14 to lead 2 sets to 0.

Third set starting out like the first set....NB up 11-9. We are now tied 15-15. TO for Nebraska down 18-15. Choboy digging everything for NB and they are down 19-18. Another TO for Nebraska after Arkansas increased their lead 21-18. NB just had a successful kill out of the back court by Murry. They have abandoned their middle attack and need to get it back. First set loss for NB now up sets 2-1.

Nebraska wins 3-1 and onto Florida. The Final Four should be interesting with all teams on a Neutral Court. There are so many outstanding Freshman VB players this year and Nebraska has several of them with more on the bench and more coming in next year....that's all.

Last edited:

Busy today and just turned this game on. Surprised but not surprised with Louisville leading 2-0. I just felt Louisville has not been playing very consistently. However, they can certainly beat Pitt.
Olivia Babcock was terrific for Pitt once she got rolliing

Last of the SEC teams tonight in this match vs Nebraska. Next year they will be adding Texas to their conference.

What a great day of VB. Three shoulda been Gophers in the FF. Wenaas, Booth and Choboy.

IMO, Booth is severely underused by UW. In the matches I've seen, they rarely set her.
Well, you either stay with a NCAA Championship non-contender or move on to one who will have one of the best chances to win it. Booth's first year with WIsconsin and IMO has not developed her game. It could just me but it looks like she has lost a lot of weight to maybe help in her lateral movement?

I still feel Pedro had a lot to do with our middle production, when he was our Assistant Coach under Hugh. We certainly had some decent offensive stats when they were utilized.

Last edited:

All-Star team vs All-Star team and Wisconsin came out ahead. I think most people new Nebraska and Wisconsin would be in the Final Four but the other two teams were a toss up. I think that was one of TTA's best games this season. I am happy for her because she has never been in this situation her entire time at Purdue. When in system, Wisky's right side duo of Robinson/Smrek is one of the best. Smrek and Franklin are by far their outstanding pins.

That last match between Texas and Stanford, at least when I was watching it, was certainly a very high paced game. Madi Skinner was no doubt their Player of the post season. Also, Asjia O'Neal came on fire in that match. As a team, Texas had one of their best games of the season and just out played Stanford. I didn't check the Final Stats but Wenaas might have had a really good game too.

Neutral court in Florida and we all know the Cornhuskers and Cheese Heads will be there to represent. I think the Nebraska vs Pitt matchup will become more interesting. Lots of Freshman on their team but they are playing great. Choboy was all over that court vs Arkansas. I believe she was the only Freshman not recognized in the season end accolades for the BIG...but I could be wrong. I am expecting Wisconsin to move on in the other Final Four match. They are just a too well balanced all around team for Texas. Again, we shall see.

We just saw some of the most outstanding volleyball matches of the season throughtout this tournament and how this sport is suppose to be played. I would think the Championship airing on NBC could break records this season. The sport is by far becoming what many of us have been hoping for....the ability to recognize outstanding female athletes.

Last edited:

Agree Pedro would have been a great pickup holdover in the new staff.

But when you have a setter like Schaff, who isn’t capable of setting middles in any normal sense, then it is a “waste” of limited assistant coach slots.

Wiscovid. No program benefited more.

Last edited:

Louisville going would have completed the quadfecta: Booth, Choboy, Wenaas and CC.

TRT
All-Star team vs All-Star team and Wisconsin came out ahead. I think most people new Nebraska and Wisconsin would be in the Final Four but the other two teams were a toss up. I think that was one of TTA's best games this season. I am happy for her because she has never been in this situation her entire time at Purdue. When in system, Wisky's right side duo of Robinson/Smrek is one of the best. Smrek and Franklin are by far their outstanding pins.

That last match between Texas and Stanford, at least when I was watching it, was certainly a very high paced game. Madi Skinner was no doubt their Player of the post season. Also, Asjia O'Neal came on fire in that match. As a team, Texas had one of their best games of the season and just out played Stanford. I didn't check the Final Stats but Wenaas might have had a really good game too.

Neutral court in Florida and we all know the Cornhuskers and Cheese Heads will be there to represent. I think the Nebraska vs Pitt matchup will become more interesting. Lots of Freshman on their team but they are playing great. Choboy was all over that court vs Arkansas. I believe she was the only Freshman not recognized in the season end accolades for the BIG...but I could be wrong. I am expecting Wisconsin to move on in the other Final Four match. They are just a too well balanced all around team for Texas. Again, we shall see.

We just saw some of the most outstanding volleyball matches of the season throughtout this tournament and how this sport is suppose to be played. I would think the Championship airing on NBC could break records this season. The sport is by far becoming what many of us have been hoping for....the ability to recognize outstanding female athletes.

FYI - Temi transferred from Northwestern. I am so happy for her - to go from no NCAA appearances to the Final Four in her last year of eligibility.

With regard to transfers: It was either a coach or one of the players who commented that it was hard to adjust when going from the best player on a team to being part of a team where there are very many extremely good players. Both Temi and Booth progressed a lot over the course of the season and you can see the results in their stats.

Booth, in particular, is a crowd-favorite (probably due to her blocks.) One end of the Field House puts up a "B" (think "K" for strikeouts) for every block. The Field House was loud and rocking last night.

I mean if you want to talk about a transfer that is all everything, that's Sarah Franklin.

How did she only go to MSU to start?

I mean if you want to talk about a transfer that is all everything, that's Sarah Franklin.

How did she only go to MSU to start?
More likely she's a great example of a very good player who looks great on a team with a bunch of other very good players.

I didn't used to hate Wiscovid, but I do not respect how they have achieved their success.

More likely she's a great example of a very good player who looks great on a team with a bunch of other very good players.

I didn't used to hate Wiscovid, but I do not respect how they have achieved their success.
It'll be a bit harder for Sheffield without Hugh and Cathy in the league to scout talent for him ;)

TRT

FYI - Temi transferred from Northwestern. I am so happy for her - to go from no NCAA appearances to the Final Four in her last year of eligibility.

With regard to transfers: It was either a coach or one of the players who commented that it was hard to adjust when going from the best player on a team to being part of a team where there are very many extremely good players. Both Temi and Booth progressed a lot over the course of the season and you can see the results in their stats.

Booth, in particular, is a crowd-favorite (probably due to her blocks.) One end of the Field House puts up a "B" (think "K" for strikeouts) for every block. The Field House was loud and rocking last night.
You are correct about TTA at Northwestern, My Bad!

Right now Nebraska is pretty much in control of this match. See if this will change at all. NB up 19-15 set 2 and won first set 25-20.

Love watching JCook frustrated with his already 4th challenge winning 3 of them.

Nebraska in the finals with two more set wins....25-23 and 25-17.....IMO there wasn't a doubt.

We all know how talented and athletic this NB Freshmen class is but I am finding that throughout the entire NCAA DIV1. Maybe just maybe COVID had more of an impact on upper classmen development throught this division or this Class of 2023 is just one of the Best Ever.

Last edited:

They got a #1 seed and made the Final Four, which should be the minimum expectation for a hired all-star team.

But they didn’t win the conference and they didn’t make the natty. And they went down in flames in the semi.

Good!!

F em

Never saw that coming. IDK if this was a well executed game plan by JE or not, but they just dominated that match. IMO there was absolutely no stopping Madi Skinner the MVP of this match. A perfect example of a player just getting beter and better as that match went on and able to serve her opponent off the court.

Wisconsin's middles pretty much non-existent (especially Booth) in that match. When OOS they became another team. I'm not so sure Orzol will remain a Libero next season unless they can fill TTA's position....which I have no doubt Sheff already has plans in motion for the portal. We witnessed another breakdown by the Turkish player GG. I wonder if that is the last we see of her on the court for Wisconsin. She might become their serving sub.

We now have another Freshman setter who led her team to the finals. So we will now see which won becomes victorious Sunday, Bergen or Swindle. Between O'Neal's slides, Skinners' bics and serving, Halter's great back court game and a splash of Phillips, Wisconsin is sent home empty again.

Oh everybody stop with the crocodile tears, please!

Just goes to show you what a strong serve will do for you. Unfortunately, it often isn't there when you need it. If they can't get Nebraska out of system, it'll be a long night.

No tears for Wiscovid. Maybe Booth goes to Texas next year?

Skinner took this match over after the first set. Skinner is unstoppable. Must be nice to be able to have your pick off everyone else's roster.

Did not catch the first set, but I don't need to. I can see that Texas is in full command of this Championship. They more or less picked up where they left off with Wisconsin.

Wenaas played one of her best matches for the season. Glad she can share this title with her teammates. I am hoping O'Neal can make our Olympic team next year. Both her and Skinner displayed how to serve your opponent off the court. Skinner is a phenomenal OH. I recommend everybody watching Texas' loss to Long Beach State, their first match of the season. A complete turn a round for this team.

Serve receive....now we can all see just how important it is. Unfortunately, these four programs in the Final Four will all still benefit from top recruits moving forward.

Last edited:

Texas put on a clinic on how to serve effectively and play transition defense and put the ball to the floor when you get the opportunity.

Too many better middles at USAV imo. For 2024 anyhow.

Jerritt is damned lucky he didn’t cost them set 1. Who knows what happens if they lose that one.

Nebraska finally showed their youth.

Happy that Jenna had a good match. Do we claim 1/7th of that championship?

Top Bottom