NCAA 2023 Brackets

Pray tell, who was a better passer?
Any defensive player or even setter on the team. Easy. Throw Chole Ng back there. She doesn't shank that many. She's able to move faster and actually give some effort.

Obviously Gray is a correct one, to at least give a shot. Good enough to be the Libero in spring, did a great job, and then suddenly not even good enough to come off the bench for someone shanking the ball? BS

This was a heavy dose of politics and threats. That's the only thing that makes sense to me.

Don't know if it was boosters threatening to pull funding. Or TL herself threatening to transfer out. Or Hugh putting big pressure on. Whatever it was, I would not be surprised if the dirty hidden truth of this matter is that it was largely out of KCook's hands.

As you fully well know:

Olympic volleyball has very few subs. You set a starting lineup of 7 players (including L) and rare if any other player on the roster ever touches the court for the entire set. Also I think both middles have to serve and play defense one half-rotation? It works that way in men's, at least.

College volleyball (in women's at least, don't know if men's is more like Olympic) on the other hand has a huge amount of subs. Not at all uncommon for several other players to touch the court each set.
That doesn't change the fact the L1 has two rotations with one other hitter and the L2 has 1. Nor does it change the fact that the L2 is ideally the better passer.

Any defensive player or even setter on the team. Easy. Throw Chole Ng back there. She doesn't shank that many. She's able to move faster and actually give some effort.

Obviously Gray is a correct one, to at least give a shot. Good enough to be the Libero in spring, did a great job, and then suddenly not even good enough to come off the bench for someone shanking the ball? BS

This was a heavy dose of politics and threats. That's the only thing that makes sense to me.

Don't know if it was boosters threatening to pull funding. Or TL herself threatening to transfer out. Or Hugh putting big pressure on. Whatever it was, I would not be surprised if the dirty hidden truth of this matter is that it was largely out of KCook's hands.
Wow. Just flat out wrong in so many ways. You just don't seem to appreciate just how difficult it is to pass. Landfair, other than Murr, was the best passer on the team. By far. Does that mean she's a great passer? No.

That doesn't change the fact the L1 has two rotations with one other hitter and the L2 has 1. Nor does it change the fact that the L2 is ideally the better passer.
Huh? Had nothing to do with that minor side point.

Wow. Just flat out wrong in so many ways.
Because you say so?

I don't believe you. You're lying. I have no idea why.

Everyone else with eyes saw shank after shank after shank after shank.

No idea what your motivation is to be dishonest about this. Maybe she's your niece or a good friend coached her in club?

When she does not play in the backrow for her next team, that will prove us correct, and prove that you were lying.

I am really tired of being called a liar. I guarantee you that anyone on the team other than Murr would have had more trouble passing 800+ passes than Landfair did.

Minor point? You claimed the L1 and L2 were interchangeable.

Wow. Just flat out wrong in so many ways. You just don't seem to appreciate just how difficult it is to pass. Landfair, other than Murr, was the best passer on the team. By far. Does that mean she's a great passer? No.
I agree with (R)uffda! on almost all points…except for this one [bolded above]. I just can’t get there on that statement.

I agree with (R)uffda! on almost all points…except for this one [bolded above]. I just can’t get there on that statement.
No one can.

Every Gopher fan with eyes would’ve replaced her in the back row if they had the ability to pull that lever.

As is objectively correct.

Shankopotamus. Won’t play backrow at new school.

^^ will literally do anything to avoid having to address the shanks that every Gopher fan saw. :ROFLMAO:

^^ will literally do anything to avoid having to address the shanks that every Gopher fan saw. :ROFLMAO:
If you would actually read my posts, you'd see that I have. Over and over again. Is Taylor a great passer? No. The problem is only Murr was a better passer. You can plug in a 3rd string setter if you want, but that's just stupid. You actually think this coaching staff doesn't know its personnel?

I am also not the one making up statistics about 10,000 passes and 5,000 errors. Taylor made too many errors. She had too many "1" passes too. But she also had MANY good passes (2s and 3s), which, for some reason, you are just ignoring. And, for reasons known only to you, you are focused on her passing and not on the passing of the other players on the team. The last thing I want to do is come on here and name names, but I will. Julia could not pass effectively. Mckenna could not. Skylar could not. Zeynep was eventually used for Mckenna (some). Lauren?? Elise?? Chloe?? A middle? Lydia?

But go ahead. Keep telling yourself the bench was full of players who could pass at a higher level.

This team's fundamental problem was that Taylor was their best L2 AND their best L1. THAT -- and a hobbled setter -- was the issue.

And when you say someone is lazy and/or not trying/doesn't care, that goes way beyond criticizing performance. That's where you cross the line into character assassination.

Can we end this conversation with MplsGopher as I think you’re both beating a dead horse. Simply shaf doesn’t set her mIddles and team passing was below par(landfair and company). Let’s move on. Maybe any thoughts about possible portal pickups?

Let’s move on. Maybe any thoughts about possible portal pickups?
Feel free to start the off-season thread, or a Gophers 2024 thread.

That discussion should be in that kind of thread, not a NCAA 2023 Brackets thread.

We should be allowed to argue about 2023 related things in 2023 threads, for as long as we like. It shouldn't bother you one iota. Just don't click on them.

You actually think this coaching staff doesn't know its personnel?
Trust me, I knew the entire time that this was the entire basis of your lazy, fake stance.

Just wanted to make you be less of a chicks___t about saying it.

You had no actual proof. You didn't watch practice. You don't know these ladies personally. Don't know their game any more intimately than me or any other fan.

Keep telling yourself the bench was full of players who could pass at a higher level.
No one was ever given a valid chance. Other than Z, eventually.

That proves it was politics, fear, threats, etc. based. Proves it. Had nothing to do with "talent" evaluation.

For posterity:

there is 0.000000000000000000000% chance that a Libero, who served that role aptly during the spring, would not have been a 1000X better choice in the backrow than Landfair, bare minimum early in the season.

Pulling that lever could've won matches for us that we lost, in of itself.

That the lever was not pulled, can only mean one of two things:

1) the decision was not in his (KCook's) hands
2) it was in his hand, and he purposefully stubbornly refused to pull it.

The latter is firable.

The former is regrettable, but understandable in the new world.

I choose to believe it was the former.

Especially with a brand new coach coming in. Wucherer and Landfair and their families, agents, handlers, whatever, sat down with KCook from the day he was hired and made it crystal clear to him that they would be starting 6rot outsides, no matter what, or they would transfer out. Simple as that.

I mean, they have careers to think about amiright?? Who gives a crap if your college team wins.

Last edited:

Feel free to start the off-season thread, or a Gophers 2024 thread.

That discussion should be in that kind of thread, not a NCAA 2023 Brackets thread.

We should be allowed to argue about 2023 related things in 2023 threads, for as long as we like. It shouldn't bother you one iota. Just don't click on them.
I did. Leave the landfair/shaf bitch session off the new thread.

Someone has some serious anger management issues, as well as reading comprehension problems. I'll leave it at that.

That's you waiving the white flag. Works for me.

Let the record show: Landfair was one of the worst backrow players on the Gophers 2023 team. The head coach was too much of a coward to sub her out because she threatened to transfer out if he did.

And then she did it anyway. Dumbass coach.

If we had subbed her out in the backrow with Gray, we would've won more matches and performed better. Landfair added almost nothing in terms of backrow offense. Didn't win a single set for us.

Glad that the truth is out there and people who desperately want to obscure the truth are defeated. That makes me feel better about what went down, at least.

That's you waiving the white flag. Works for me.

Let the record show: Landfair was one of the worst backrow players on the Gophers 2023 team. The head coach was too much of a coward to sub her out because she threatened to transfer out if he did.

And then she did it anyway. Dumbass coach.

If we had subbed her out in the backrow with Gray, we would've won more matches and performed better. Landfair added almost nothing in terms of backrow offense. Didn't win a single set for us.

Glad that the truth is out there and people who desperately want to obscure the truth are defeated. That makes me feel better about what went down, at least.
Are you a part of the coaching staff? Do you have any relationship to the players on the court? Were you in the coaches meetings with players? If not, sit down and shut up. You have no idea what happened behind the scenes. I get being upset with an underperforming season or the coaching staff, but you're just being an a**hole with all of your posts. I'd like to see you out there doing any better. If you hate this team so much then go cheer for someone else. My god you just sound like a miserable person

If you hate this team
I don't hate the team.

I was not a fan of some of the decisions KCook made this year. They were very poor.

You'd like to see me do any better, at making those decisions? Sure. Easy. I would've put a much better product out on the court with my lineups, if that's all I had to do. (I don't know jack S about running practice, developing players, etc.)

Hopefully you do realize how absurd, silly, and childish it is to suggest that there is only a binary allowed between: support the team without question and without a single negative thought or hate the team. Yes?

Thanks for registering on Wed and for your 1 post. You've added a lot to this board. Hopefully you will continue to judge us all from your high horse.

I don't hate the team.

I was not a fan of some of the decisions KCook made this year. They were very poor.

You'd like to see me do any better, at making those decisions? Sure. Easy. I would've put a much better product out on the court with my lineups, if that's all I had to do. (I don't know jack S about running practice, developing players, etc.)

Hopefully you do realize how absurd, silly, and childish it is to suggest that there is only a binary allowed between: support the team without question and without a single negative thought or hate the team. Yes?

Thanks for registering on Wed and for your 1 post. You've added a lot to this board. Hopefully you will continue to judge us all from your high horse.
I never
I don't hate the team.

I don't hate the team.

I never said you can’t criticize. I never said you have to “support a team without question”. You are putting words in my mouth that I never said. But there’s a difference between criticizing coaches and players and relentlessly talking sh*t about them. I registered on here because I was finally fed up with your ridiculous posts. And it seems like I’m not the only one. And my one post has provided more to this board than your last 20.
Have a fantastic day friend!

But there’s a difference between criticizing coaches and players and relentlessly talking sh*t about them.
And our very own Judge Judy of the Gopherhole Volleyball Forum will get to arbitrarily decide when the latter has occurred instead of the former! How wonderful!

And my one post has provided
Shaming others and zero analysis or valuable opinions. Thanks

And our very own Judge Judy of the Gopherhole Volleyball Forum will get to arbitrarily decide when the latter has occurred instead of the former! How wonderful!

Shaming others and zero analysis or valuable opinions. Thanks
So you can type whatever YOU want about these players and coaches all year long, calling them lazy, unmotivated and dumbasses. But when someone says one thing about you they’re “Judge Judy”. If that’s not the pot calling the kettle black then I don’t know what is. It’s clear you want to dish it out but can’t take it.
I’m bored with you now. You will never change the vitriol you spew on here, so keep on living your sad life. Peace.

But when someone says one thing about you they’re “Judge Judy”. If that’s not the pot calling the kettle black
But I never said that posters shouldn't judge or criticize the players and coaches performance.

They should. I welcome that.

I never said you can't or shouldn't judge me. You can. Bring it. It's perfectly valid for meto call you Judge Judy for doing so, but that's not at all the same thing as saying you can't do it.

So your pot calling the kettle black reference is false.

You're not great at making arguments. That's fine. We've yet to see even an ounce of whatever volleyball knowledge you may or may not possess. Hopefully we get to see that soon.

Last edited:

Top Bottom