NCAA 13 Week one verdict

upnorthkid

Reaction score
I play a lot of video games (hey I'm a college student so give me a break) and I find it fun to sim games and see how they think things will play out/who will dominate who/star players/etc. Plus I'm jacked for this season so I figured I'd do this week by week to see how the Gophers stack up and how things play out. I plan on doing this every week if you guys think its interesting. These are all done with updated, named rosters.

Here's week one:

Rankings:

Minnesota

Overall C+
Offense C
Defense C+

UNLV

Overall D
Offense C-
Defense D

Simulations (5)

MN-UNLV
38-13- Gray throws for 2 TDs and rushes for 2 more. Gillum rushes for 148, 1TD. Gopher D harasses UNLV offense.
27-24 (OT)-Gray throws and rushes for 1 score each. Gophs rush for 253 yds but can't finish drives. Escape via missed FG
31-14 Gophers thoroughly dominate in this one. Cooper goes pick six to seal it early in the 3rd quarter.
40-16 Gray goes berserk, has 300 yds passing, 100 rushing and 4 TD's. Pass D holds UNLV to 6-22 for 70 yds and 160 yds total
24-0 Gray struggles passing but the ground game (Gillum 25-126, 2 TDs, Gray 18-113) carry to victory. D forces 2 turnovers and holds UNLV to 151 yds of total offense (15 passing)

Analysis:

Gray, for the most part, destroyed UNLV's defense as they couldn't contain him. The Gophers ground game kept churning throughout. On defense, the Gophers were to strong in the linebacking core to allow much traction rushing the ball and the secondary gave up nothing in any game.

Let's hope this is how this one transfers to the field!

Simulcast recap:
Gophers go to 1-0 by an average score of 32-13.

Geez, Thanks for nothing. I leave for the game in 3 hours. Guess I'll just stay home now.
Actually, I will now walk into the sports book, lay the points and bet the farm on this stone cold lead pipe lock of the century. Do You think the Vegas bookies know about this simulation feature?

I think Gray takes advantage of this UNLV team and we win by more than we should. I think he has a field day.

Geez, Thanks for nothing. I leave for the game in 3 hours. Guess I'll just stay home now.
Actually, I will now walk into the sports book, lay the points and bet the farm on this stone cold lead pipe lock of the century. Do You think the Vegas bookies know about this simulation feature?

I'm gonna guess you will see the odds on the Gophs plummet as the day goes on and the Gophers fans make their way to place their bets.

I have had major issues with the Gophers team in NCAA losing not only their matchup games during a dynasty, but even losing (at times blown out) against teams that are inferior. It drives me nuts, but as we have seen, it happens.

Keep it up... good fodder for discussion on game day (or close to it). For UNLV anyway, the average result is probably close to what a lot of people are expecting.

I have had major issues with the Gophers team in NCAA losing not only their matchup games during a dynasty, but even losing (at times blown out) against teams that are inferior. It drives me nuts, but as we have seen, it happens.

There are websites that have AI levels adjusted to make it as real as possible. I have this issue as well. JV and Varsity are way too easy. All-American gets easy as you get adjusted, but Heisman is ridiculous.

There are websites that have AI levels adjusted to make it as real as possible. I have this issue as well. JV and Varsity are way too easy. All-American gets easy as you get adjusted, but Heisman is ridiculous.

Ya, I'm using a set of sliders from operationsports.com ... They have a couple guys that really work hard on getting a realistic experience. It doesn't effect simulation though.

AI hit power on the game is ridiculous on Heisman. But I've found you can use the factory settings as long as you turn your running and catching philosophy to conservative to prevent fumbles/drops. Makes it extra challenging when your RB is getting caught by opposing DTs haha.

Agreed. I upped my difficulty to all-american because varsity was way too easy. Simulations become way too harsh. I'll have to check out those sliders.

I think this post is a great idea. I always love on Friday's on ESPN when they do the Madden simulations for that weeks NFL games.

I think this post is a great idea. I always love on Friday's on ESPN when they do the Madden simulations for that weeks NFL games.

ill remember that for the rest of the season. and if anyone wants to see any other matchups, let me know via pm

I play a lot of video games (hey I'm a college student so give me a break) and I find it fun to sim games and see how they think things will play out/who will dominate who/star players/etc. Plus I'm jacked for this season so I figured I'd do this week by week to see how the Gophers stack up and how things play out. I plan on doing this every week if you guys think its interesting. These are all done with updated, named rosters.

Here's week one:

Rankings:

Minnesota

Overall C+
Offense C
Defense C+

UNLV

Overall D
Offense C-
Defense D

Simulations (5)

MN-UNLV
38-13- Gray throws for 2 TDs and rushes for 2 more. Gillum rushes for 148, 1TD. Gopher D harasses UNLV offense.
27-24 (OT)-Gray throws and rushes for 1 score each. Gophs rush for 253 yds but can't finish drives. Escape via missed FG
31-14 Gophers thoroughly dominate in this one. Cooper goes pick six to seal it early in the 3rd quarter.
40-16 Gray goes berserk, has 300 yds passing, 100 rushing and 4 TD's. Pass D holds UNLV to 6-22 for 70 yds and 160 yds total
24-0 Gray struggles passing but the ground game (Gillum 25-126, 2 TDs, Gray 18-113) carry to victory. D forces 2 turnovers and holds UNLV to 151 yds of total offense (15 passing)

Analysis:

Gray, for the most part, destroyed UNLV's defense as they couldn't contain him. The Gophers ground game kept churning throughout. On defense, the Gophers were to strong in the linebacking core to allow much traction rushing the ball and the secondary gave up nothing in any game.

Let's hope this is how this one transfers to the field!

Simulcast recap:
Gophers go to 1-0 by an average score of 32-13.

Great post...
Especially the bolded...

I think this will be a familiar refrain at many times this season.
The line will clear many a path.
Q will go all medieval on their azzez...

Tphis thing is pretty scary accurate apparently. Game 2 was spot on w the fg instead being an int

Can NCAA 13 simulate overthrows that bad, or are there coding restrictions where the football needs to stay on the TV screen the whole time? I could see this as a limitation for future Gopher game simulations.

I play NCAA 13, and I like the game, but I just had a major issue with my Dynasty mode. In year one, I win 8 games, yet, I am on the verge of being fired...I just took a 3 win team, and turned them into a top 25 team with 8 wins...yet, my coaching job is in jeopardy.

Can NCAA 13 simulate overthrows that bad, or are there coding restrictions where the football needs to stay on the TV screen the whole time? I could see this as a limitation for future Gopher game simulations.

in all honesty, gray does overthrow a ton of deep balls on the game as well as miss a lot of slant patterns that go straight to the defender when you throw it hard.

I play NCAA 13, and I like the game, but I just had a major issue with my Dynasty mode. In year one, I win 8 games, yet, I am on the verge of being fired...I just took a 3 win team, and turned them into a top 25 team with 8 wins...yet, my coaching job is in jeopardy.

i never had that issue but ya having to accomplish the coach tasks can be quite tiresome. pretty sure if killer won 8 games this year they would consider giving him a life contract lol

I somehow won the National title on Heisman with the Gophers. Lost to the Badgers in the regular season. Beat them in the B1G Championship game to jump over them in to the national title. Year 2 is going well, beat #15 UNC in the non-conf and going into B1G play 3-0 at home vs. 0-3 Iowa. Got a ton of 4 star recruits coming in for visits this week. Need a win!

I somehow won the National title on Heisman with the Gophers. Lost to the Badgers in the regular season. Beat them in the B1G Championship game to jump over them in to the national title. Year 2 is going well, beat #15 UNC in the non-conf and going into B1G play 3-0 at home vs. 0-3 Iowa. Got a ton of 4 star recruits coming in for visits this week. Need a win!

its funny you say 0-3 iowa. i just got done with the 2nd year (finished 9-3 year one due to some injuries on D) and during the season I went 11-2 and iowa finished, get this, 2-10. it legitimately made my day haha

its funny you say 0-3 iowa. i just got done with the 2nd year (finished 9-3 year one due to some injuries on D) and during the season I went 11-2 and iowa finished, get this, 2-10. it legitimately made my day haha

haha I know i was so shocked I had to go look at their schedule and they lost to the like of NIU, ISU and another team. I was shocked, haha. It's so nice to take control of these guys and win games in a video game. Makes me feel like i'm doing such a good job coaching them up, lol. Also, makes me wish they would just play like the they do in the dang video game! haha

Top Bottom