NBA Playoffs - The Bubble Edition

stocker08

Reaction score
So with working from home....I've been able to watch a ton of NBA....since it was on basically all day for a couple of months. Normally....I could care less about the NBA outside of the Timberwolves. MUCH prefer the NCAA....but I'll watch whatever is available. Now I've been watching the playoffs because I'm more involved. Some really good games.

Watching the Heat/Bucks game right now....and they were talking about Tyler Herro. Talked a good bit about how he received death threats and how fans vandalized his families home.....with plenty of badger red...."just because he wanted to leave the state".

:)

So with working from home....I've been able to watch a ton of NBA....since it was on basically all day for a couple of months. Normally....I could care less about the NBA outside of the Timberwolves. MUCH prefer the NCAA....but I'll watch whatever is available. Now I've been watching the playoffs because I'm more involved. Some really good games.

Watching the Heat/Bucks game right now....and they were talking about Tyler Herro. Talked a good bit about how he received death threats and how fans vandalized his families home.....with plenty of badger red...."just because he wanted to leave the state".

:)
Another guy I wanted over Culver.

Another guy I wanted over Culver.
A lot of interesting names went shortly after Culver-Coby White, Rui Hachimura, Herro, Brandon Clarke, PJ Washington. I hope Culver takes a big leap this next season so that he's not added to the long list of draft miscues by the T-Wolves.

A lot of interesting names went shortly after Culver-Coby White, Rui Hachimura, Herro, Brandon Clarke, PJ Washington. I hope Culver takes a big leap this next season so that he's not added to the long list of draft miscues by the T-Wolves.
As long as he can't shoot he will be closer to a bust than a decent player. Seems like a good kid, but he doesn't do anything really well. Average handle, poor shooting mechanics, average defensive chops from what I have seen so far, decent first step but not a good finisher. Not what you want from the 6th pick in any draft.

I wanted Herro, then Clarke, then Washington, then White, then who cares at that point.

As long as he can't shoot he will be closer to a bust than a decent player. Seems like a good kid, but he doesn't do anything really well. Average handle, poor shooting mechanics, average defensive chops from what I have seen so far, decent first step but not a good finisher. Not what you want from the 6th pick in any draft.

I wanted Herro, then Clarke, then Washington, then White, then who cares at that point.
I read an article, similar to this one but at the end of the season, where Clarke had a historically efficient season for a rookie. And I remember him being talked about for the choice, when the T-Wolves were picking at 11. Like you said, hope Culver's shot and other facets develops quickly.

Damn, Raptors-Celtics, Double OT, Kyle Lowry going 53 minutes and scoring 33 clutch points-whew! He’s been around so long-first remember him as the sophomore guard on the Villanova squad that went to the Elite 8 with four guards in the starting lineup, including former T-Wolves guard Randy Foye. That was ‘05-06. Foye left in ‘09-that is one long and impressive career Lowry has carved out.

Damn, Raptors-Celtics, Double OT, Kyle Lowry going 53 minutes and scoring 33 clutch points-whew! He’s been around so long-first remember him as the sophomore guard on the Villanova squad that went to the Elite 8 with four guards in the starting lineup, including former T-Wolves guard Randy Foye. That was ‘05-06. Foye left in ‘09-that is one long and impressive career Lowry has carved out.
I only saw the second OT. Wish I had seen more because there was some great clutch play.

Marcus Smart looked like a dope out there after the game. No idea why he and Stevens thought he had earned a call on Gasol.

I only saw the second OT. Wish I had seen more because there was some great clutch play.

Marcus Smart looked like a dope out there after the game. No idea why he and Stevens thought he had earned a call on Gasol.

Seriously. They were initiating contact thinking that the Raptors couldn't be physical back? lol.

A great game and a great close-out last night in the NBA playoffs.

Bam Adebayo's block on Jayson Tatum's attempted dunk-has there every been a more clutch blocked shot? I can think of Lebron's chase down of Iguodala from a couple years ago, Hakim Warrick's block in Syracuse's national championship game, but that block last night was a thing of beauty. Man, I'd love to have Adebayo on the T-Wolves, incredible that he lasted to the 14th pick in that 2017 draft (particularly when you see several of the names that went ahead of him).

And then the Clippers blowing that 3-1 lead to the Nuggets-incredible in so many ways. Doc Rivers has been the coach of three teams that blew 3-1 leads in the playoffs (there have only been 13 in history). Leonard and George combining for 0 points in the 4th quarter. Jamal Murray outscoring Leonard, George, Lou Williams, and Marcus Morris by himself. Maybe my favorite aspect of it all? Dame Lillard and CJ McCollum clowning on the likes of Paul George and Patrick Beverly on Twitter after the loss.

I think the Nuggets could give a real run to the Lakers-beyond Lebron and Anthony Davis, that roster is pretty thin and Denver runs deep-plus Jokic and Murray are quite a tandem themselves. Should be a fun series, I would LOVE to see the Nuggets and Heat in the Finals and run the wet dreams of Lakers-Celtics fans.

A great game and a great close-out last night in the NBA playoffs.

Bam Adebayo's block on Jayson Tatum's attempted dunk-has there every been a more clutch blocked shot? I can think of Lebron's chase down of Iguodala from a couple years ago, Hakim Warrick's block in Syracuse's national championship game, but that block last night was a thing of beauty. Man, I'd love to have Adebayo on the T-Wolves, incredible that he lasted to the 14th pick in that 2017 draft (particularly when you see several of the names that went ahead of him).

And then the Clippers blowing that 3-1 lead to the Nuggets-incredible in so many ways. Doc Rivers has been the coach of three teams that blew 3-1 leads in the playoffs (there have only been 13 in history). Leonard and George combining for 0 points in the 4th quarter. Jamal Murray outscoring Leonard, George, Lou Williams, and Marcus Morris by himself. Maybe my favorite aspect of it all? Dame Lillard and CJ McCollum clowning on the likes of Paul George and Patrick Beverly on Twitter after the loss.

I think the Nuggets could give a real run to the Lakers-beyond Lebron and Anthony Davis, that roster is pretty thin and Denver runs deep-plus Jokic and Murray are quite a tandem themselves. Should be a fun series, I would LOVE to see the Nuggets and Heat in the Finals and run the wet dreams of Lakers-Celtics fans.
Loved it. Love K. Leonard but not a fan of the Clippers at all.

This is a really interesting NBA Finals-I'm intrigued by this Heat squad. I enjoy seeing how rosters are built and developed and the Heat are pretty fascinating-the highest draft choice among the rotation is Andre Iguodala who was the 9th pick back in 2004 and definitely on the back end of the rotation at this point. Otherwise, here's the draft positions:

Adebayo: #14 (2017)
Robinson: undrafted
Dragic: #45 (2008)
Butler: #30 (2011)
Crowder: #34 (2012)
Herro: #13 (2019)
Olynyk: #13 (2013)

This is the second straight year where an NBA title participant will not have had a Top 10 draft pick in their starting lineup (Raptors). I never thought I'd see it happen once, much less in back to back years, especially when NBA drafts are such a crapshoot.

For fun, here's the Lakers rotation:
James: #1 (2003)
Davis: #1 (2012)
Howard: #1(2004)
Pope: #8 (2013)
Kuzma: #27 (2017)
Green: #46 (2009)
Caruso: undrafted
Rondo: #21 (2006)
Morris: # 13 (2011)

This is a really interesting NBA Finals-I'm intrigued by this Heat squad. I enjoy seeing how rosters are built and developed and the Heat are pretty fascinating-the highest draft choice among the rotation is Andre Iguodala who was the 9th pick back in 2004 and definitely on the back end of the rotation at this point. Otherwise, here's the draft positions:

Adebayo: #14 (2017)
Robinson: undrafted
Dragic: #45 (2008)
Butler: #30 (2011)
Crowder: #34 (2012)
Herro: #13 (2019)
Olynyk: #13 (2013)

This is the second straight year where an NBA title participant will not have had a Top 10 draft pick in their starting lineup (Raptors). I never thought I'd see it happen once, much less in back to back years, especially when NBA drafts are such a crapshoot.

For fun, here's the Lakers rotation:
James: #1 (2003)
Davis: #1 (2012)
Howard: #1(2004)
Pope: #8 (2013)
Kuzma: #27 (2017)
Green: #46 (2009)
Caruso: undrafted
Rondo: #21 (2006)
Morris: # 13 (2011)
Good info. I wanted Herro so much. He's been incredible every time I watched.

I like miami's chances. They match up with Lakers well
Would love to see the Heat pull it off-the fresh blood of Adebayo and Herro, Spoelstra winning a title without the Lebron/Wade/Bosh super team, the wonderful construction of the roster-it's all pretty refreshing.

Mark Titus posted on Twitter yesterday an email he received a few years ago from Duncan Robinson when he was a senior at UMich, reaching out to say, "it looks like my basketball career is wrapping up, any advice you can offer for future in media". I guess Robinson has put that media career off for a few years.

Would love to see the Heat pull it off-the fresh blood of Adebayo and Herro, Spoelstra winning a title without the Lebron/Wade/Bosh super team, the wonderful construction of the roster-it's all pretty refreshing.

Mark Titus posted on Twitter yesterday an email he received a few years ago from Duncan Robinson when he was a senior at UMich, reaching out to say, "it looks like my basketball career is wrapping up, any advice you can offer for future in media". I guess Robinson has put that media career off for a few years.
I agree its fresh that a non super team made the finals. Good drafting, supplemented with a big time FA. (Or if you want to attribute it to signing Iggy, who has now been in 6 straight finals)

I apologize to Butler. He was right. Bailed on two different sets of young superstars. He figured out where their heads were and got out of dodge, and found the right organization that fit him. Kudos.

Good for Duncan Robinson. He straight up sucked for Michigan. But a good lesson, dont ever give up. Hes in the NBA for a long time now, shooters like that dont grow on trees.

I agree its fresh that a non super team made the finals. Good drafting, supplemented with a big time FA. (Or if you want to attribute it to signing Iggy, who has now been in 6 straight finals)

I apologize to Butler. He was right. Bailed on two different sets of young superstars. He figured out where their heads were and got out of dodge, and found the right organization that fit him. Kudos.

Good for Duncan Robinson. He straight up sucked for Michigan. But a good lesson, dont ever give up. Hes in the NBA for a long time now, shooters like that dont grow on trees.

I love the way that Butler plays.....but the way he torpedoed the Timberwolves makes me kind of hope he doesn't win the Finals. Hope he makes it a good series....but that's it.

Now....if we had drafted Jamal Murray in 2016 rather than Kris Dunn....and that's who we sent to the Bulls as part of the Butler trade....I'd have no choice to hate Jimmy Butler.

I love the way that Butler plays.....but the way he torpedoed the Timberwolves makes me kind of hope he doesn't win the Finals. Hope he makes it a good series....but that's it.

Now....if we had drafted Jamal Murray in 2016 rather than Kris Dunn....and that's who we sent to the Bulls as part of the Butler trade....I'd have no choice to hate Jimmy Butler.

The good news is we can still hate Thibs for not picking Murray

The good news is we can still hate Thibs for not picking Murray

Let's face it....other than a couple of lucky breaks and a first overall pick.....the Timberwolves always miss in the draft.

Let's face it....other than a couple of lucky breaks and a first overall pick.....the Timberwolves always miss in the draft.
By my estimation, in the T-Wolves entire history, they have had 3 great draft nights:
1. KG
2. Drafting OJ Mayo and trading him for Kevin Love
3. Drafting KAT

For the frequency of drafting in the lottery, there have been far too many bad/awful nights

By my estimation, in the T-Wolves entire history, they have had 3 great draft nights:
1. KG
3. Drafting KAT

For the frequency of drafting in the lottery, there have been far too many bad/awful nights
I was at the Target Center when the KG pick was made. There used to be a Lifetime Fitness there and you could watch the Wolves practice since they didn't have their own practice facility. Man, they have always been a terrible franchise. The original locker rooms were worse than my high schools...anyhoo, the crowd watching the draft was mostly pissed because they never heard of KG before. I remember the guy next to me really, really wanted Ed O'Bannon (UCLA).

I recall the T-Wolves second draft, watching with a buddy at McMurphy’s in Rochester. When Felton Spencer, whose claim to fame was taking ballet lessons to improve his footwork (Arrested Development interlude-it didn’t work), was selected the crowd erupted in boos and my friend gave the double bird to the TV. Good memories 😁

I was at the Target Center when the KG pick was made. There used to be a Lifetime Fitness there and you could watch the Wolves practice since they didn't have their own practice facility. Man, they have always been a terrible franchise. The original locker rooms were worse than my high schools...anyhoo, the crowd watching the draft was mostly pissed because they never heard of KG before. I remember the guy next to me really, really wanted Ed O'Bannon (UCLA).

The lifetime is still there (it was northwest athletic when you could see the wolves or other teams practicing. I once saw the jail blazers shoot around there before a game. Arvidis Sabonis said hi to me as they walked by. Seemed to be the only friendly one on the team.

They later walled off the practice court. Im not sure if its still walled off now that they have a practice facility?

1. KG
3. Drafting KAT

I was pissed about them trading Mayo. I was 100% wrong on that one.

Coolhand, what, you dont like Randy Foye? :)

The lifetime is still there (it was northwest athletic when you could see the wolves or other teams practicing. I once saw the jail blazers shoot around there before a game. Arvidis Sabonis said hi to me as they walked by. Seemed to be the only friendly one on the team.

They later walled off the practice court. Im not sure if its still walled off now that they have a practice facility?
That's right...Northwest Athletic. I had to lie to get out of my membership I recall.
They now practice at the old Block E building. I heard it is really nice.

1. KG
3. Drafting KAT

My gosh that's discouraging. Accurate but discouraging. Side note on your 2nd choice. The Wolves also got Nikola Pekovic and Mario Chalmers in the 2nd Round of that Draft. Not a bad haul. Of course they gave Chalmers to Miami because Timberwolves. Damn it.

Look like the blm advertising won’t last into next season.
Wonder why......

Top Bottom