National Attention

gophervet

Reaction score
I live in the front range of CO (an area with a lot of transplants but not "Big Ten Country). I ran some errands tonight with my Gopher sweatshirt on and got numerous comments on "heard you guys took it to NE", "wow, nice win," "heard about the big W on the radio." This game got some attention (the RT on twitter also were very national), and we are about 1 or 2 more wins away from Kills story getting major national steam.

Go Gophers!

I live in the front range of CO (an area with a lot of transplants but not "Big Ten Country). I ran some errands tonight with my Gopher sweatshirt on and got numerous comments on "heard you guys took it to NE", "wow, nice win," "heard about the big W on the radio." This game got some attention (the RT on twitter also were very national), and we are about 1 or 2 more wins away from Kills story getting major national steam.

Go Gophers!

This is big. I've got friends and family from NY, NC and FL and everybody is talking about it. I am so proud of this team. Great win.

'Shede was the #1 Trending Topic on Twitter for about 30 minutes. I know some of you are too old to understand Twitters impact but that is *HUGE*...

Reading the tweets had me excited because of the positive things people were saying about him...

Go Gophers!

Where about in the front range. My parents lived in Loveland for several years.

Had friends from Bama and South Carolina call me after the game to say they watched it and enjoyed the game, hadn't talked to these guys in about two years so it was nice to hear from them but even better to see how much coverage the team got.

Had a guy from Colorado stop me today (in my Gopher gear) and ask if we won. I said "Yes, we beat Nebraska for the first time in 53 years." He said "Good, I hate those guys. They really made a mistake when they thought that Minnesota and Iowa were like ISU, Kansas, and Colorado. Big mistake. Keep up the good work, I'm glad."

Felt pretty good. Who knew that Kill's heath issues would turn into a positive? I hoped so, but I didn't truly believe in the goodness of man until now. Brick by brick.

Had friends from Bama and South Carolina call me after the game to say they watched it and enjoyed the game, hadn't talked to these guys in about two years so it was nice to hear from them but even better to see how much coverage the team got.

It definitely helped that there wasn't any other big games going on at the same time. No SEC game on CBS at the time. Just the Iowa-NW game and whatever was on ESPN2.

The Gopher win was one of the rotating stories on the MSN home page.

Right in the Loveland area. Nice area.

Beautiful area!! Been there three times since Labor Day, visiting the boy in Fort Collins. Can't wait until the Gophers are there to play CSU in 2015 (?)!!!

Beautiful area!! Been there three times since Labor Day, visiting the boy in Fort Collins. Can't wait until the Gophers are there to play CSU in 2015 (?)!!!

You have no idea how excited I am about the 2015 game!!!! September in Fort Collins is unbelievable and I am already counting down the days to a game in my backyard.

Top Bottom