Nathan Roy Commits to Gophers!

I was reading about Roy and how big/athletic he is already. I figured he could be one of those early contributors on the OL. Then I remembered, per 247, last years Johnson is +1, Williams is also 89, and Daniels is -1. Obviously their composites are much different and 247 may change his rating but boy is this school looking to be set on the OL in the future.

As a Gopher's fan, when you look at this list of recruit commitments out the state of Wisc for 2024 you have to have a huge smile. It doesn't get much better then to see how Fickell got his ass handed to him in terms of his own in-state recruits in Year 1. There has to be a little frustration in the fanbase.

View attachment 25733
I thought I would toss out a quick update, in that Fickell has now lost all 5 of the top players in the Wisc High School 2024 class. Rob Booker (#5 247) decommitted on 6/22 and then went and committed to UCLA. Again, got to love it.

I thought I would toss out a quick update, in that Fickell has now lost all 5 of the top players in the Wisc High School 2024 class. Rob Booker (#5 247) decommitted on 6/22 and then went and committed to UCLA. Again, got to love it.
Reading the Athletic article about it, I actually felt bad for the kid. Sounds like his parents are diehard badger fans, living like 20 minutes away, and he instead wants all the bright lights of LA. He said his mom is still upset/disappointed and it sounds like he tried to do it behind Fickell's back. I'm guessing even if the visit went poorly, he was decommitting. If I read it right, he didn't even have an offer and went on his visit as an unofficial visit, so he had to pay his own way. He stated he got offered on the visit and he wasnt getting NIL at all. Everything screamed he wanted out of UW. He mentioned competition at his position being a factor too, which surprised me he'd say that. I see UW's top recruit is a TE, so maybe he was worried about that. Props to the kid for doing an interview, but I felt bad for him reading it.

Reading the Athletic article about it, I actually felt bad for the kid. Sounds like his parents are diehard badger fans, living like 20 minutes away, and he instead wants all the bright lights of LA. He said his mom is still upset/disappointed and it sounds like he tried to do it behind Fickell's back. I'm guessing even if the visit went poorly, he was decommitting. If I read it right, he didn't even have an offer and went on his visit as an unofficial visit, so he had to pay his own way. He stated he got offered on the visit and he wasnt getting NIL at all. Everything screamed he wanted out of UW. He mentioned competition at his position being a factor too, which surprised me he'd say that. I see UW's top recruit is a TE, so maybe he was worried about that. Props to the kid for doing an interview, but I felt bad for him reading it.
That's gotta be hard all around. There's going to be pressure from family and friends even if they're not intending to.

From the article:

"His track results from this spring were even stronger and we have seen how high end throwing results like his typically translate on the offensive line, especially when combined with the size and mobility he has."

I never knew that having a hose projects to the OL as well as the QB position. Sage analysis from 24/7! Love that the Gophers have the #1 player in WI committed!

Top Bottom