Nate Wozniak is a Gopher

dpodoll68

Elite Poster
Reaction score
So sayeth Ryan Burns. Welcome aboard!

I guess I haven't been paying attention to this kid....but 6'9''!!! What a target he could be.

Very impressive blocker. He resembles Tim Tebow facially. If not a TE can see him as an OT.

te fades in the red zone to this kid all day. I wonder what his vertical is? I bet even marqueis couldnt over throw him!

Welcome Nate! This is a great pick-up for us, especially less than a week before signing day. Imagine a few years from now when we have 6'9" Pirsig and Wozniak lined up next to each other.

Got to like a recruit who clearly has some talent but also has a body that could allow him to be competitive at two positions. Stanford has made really tall TE's popular and with good blocking skills he would be a terrific fit in this offense with our power running game. If he can't cut it at TE with that size OT would be a perfect fit and he is a good athlete which will allow him to carry more weight while keeping some of that quickness enough to play tackle anyway.

You can almost hear Mike Grimm saying...he had him wide open in the endzone and threw it way over his head.

Welcome Nate! This is a great pick-up for us, especially less than a week before signing day. Imagine a few years from now when we have 6'9" Pirsig and Wozniak lined up next to each other.

Run a screen to K.J. Maye behind those two guys. The defense wouldn't be able to see him.

Not really seeing the Tim Tebow resemblance, but definitely excited about this commit!

There's no halo around his head so he doesn't look anything like Tebow. :p

As I said in the recruiting thread, you can't teach size. That's a big target down on the goal line.

te fades in the red zone to this kid all day. I wonder what his vertical is? I bet even marqueis couldnt over throw him!

WHOA, WHOA, WHOA..... Let's not under estimate the ability of Gray to overthrow his targets!!!

I'm really excited that we got this kid. He'll either turn into a really athletic OT (most likely) or we might finally have that legit redzone target.

I asked the question if anyone knew where he projects on our team and the consensus around the people who commented was that he was being recruited as some sort of hybrid between a TE and an OT (like a third OT) who would on rare occasion go out for a pass, and then eventually grow into a pure OT.

At 6'9, with his frame, he can put on a lot of weight and still stay athletic.

Looks like a good get. Will be interesting to see what they do with him but suppose most of that will be based on how big he gets. Smart money would be on him ending up on the O-Line at some point because you just don't see a ton of 6'9" TE out there. But if he can keep his weight down and prove mobile he certainly could stick there.

Welcome aboard! I sure hope he sticks at TE, what a target. Hopefully, he they line him up to block kicks too.

Not really seeing the Tim Tebow resemblance, but definitely excited about this commit!

It was in a different picture I saw on the Miami site. But certainly not in the pix I seen since, I agree.

Top Bottom