Name a BIG QB worse than Hill

State of Football

Reaction score
I can’t remember a QB worse than Hill in the last 30 years? Maybe the Northwestern kid last year? Even he could run though…

Reusse does a Monday podcast on the Strib website. He said that Hill would not start for Gustavus or St. John's.

of course with Reusse, sometimes it's hard to tell if he's being sarcastic, but I got the sense that he meant it.

If you don't follow the MIAC, Gustavus and St. John's probably have the top 2 QB's in the league.

as far as B1G QB's of the past - Northwestern has had some who were better runners than passers.
but lacking a photographic memory or a huge database of QB's, it's hard to say whether some guy who played 25 years ago had worse stats.

Demry Croft wasn't a good QB but even he had a flash. His game vs. Nebraska was incredible - just looked it up - 10 carries, 183 yards, 3 TD
His passing was the worst Ive ever seen from a Gopher QB. So bad that once his pass was so bad they called intentional grounding on him but it was just that inaccurate.

Gopher Weather Guy alerted me to Rhoda having a better year than Athan. He actually did.

AK 2023: 86/161 53.4% 923 yards 131 ypg 6 TD 6 INT 106.4 Rating
CR 2017: 59/109 54.1% 839 yards 139 ypg 5 TD 4 INT 126.6 Rating
My comment said nothing about numbers

Rhoda was playing outside his mind to get those numbers
AK is playing like crap and nearly matching them

He is really struggling and is certainly not helped by the fact that he's got REALLY small hands, which is kind of odd for such a big dude.

It's all about the spiral spin rate. Deac doesn't have it.

His passing was the worst Ive ever seen from a Gopher QB. So bad that once his pass was so bad they called intentional grounding on him but it was just that inaccurate.

As I recall it Mitch once drew an intentional grounding for launching a pass deep into the lower deck at Colorado State but forgot to send it past the LOS.

Not that I don't believe you... I really wish someone could find video, for comedic purposes.

Like I said, he was bad, but at least he had a flash. I don't see a scenario where Hill has a flash.

Not that I don't believe you... I really wish someone could find video, for comedic purposes.

Like I said, he was bad, but at least he had a flash. I don't see a scenario where Hill has a flash.
And he’s still playing. Poorly, but still playing.

I definitely witnessed it and have looked for video but can't find any. Wish I could.

Does anyone watch these guys play and throw before they sign them on? Hill looks like a Div III tackle that is slow.

Top Bottom