Myron's Q and A with Tubby

Your depth chart doesn't quite look right...

Elliason and Walker are both clear-cut centers, so that's 3, 4, 2, 2

Mbakwe and Dawson are the only PFs, so that's 2, 2, 1, 1

Rodney is the only SF on the roster, but if you anticipate Oto will be cleared and play here, I'll list that as 2, 2, 2, 1

SG/PG gets murky as we have a lot of combos and a lot of them aren't expected to do much. I don't anticipate any real contributions from Armelin, Stark, or Ahanmisi. Nolen and Blake are seniors, Devoe a Junior, Hollins a Freshman.

So I'll list SG as 2.5, 1.5, 1, 1
And PG as 1.5, .5, 0, 0

Devoe is the .5 PG/SG, the others are clear-cut.

Plus a lot of filler that may or may or may not retain its scholarship. Hopefully I'm wrong about our diamonds in the rough, but I don't expect any meaningful contribution from them any time soon.

OH Yeah - I guess that I really blew it. I should have know that half of Devoe is a PG and the other half is a SG. That's prolly why he looks off balance when he elevates for a shot. You think? And of course Walker could not play PF. He can only be a C. Maybe you should let gophersports.com (The University of Minnesota) know that so that they can change the official roster?

In the post that you were responding to I stated that "Oto is expected to be enrolled and on scholly this year." Maybe I should have stated that differently so that the concept was clearer.

By the way. You seen pretty sharp. Have you ever come accross anything in your life that you can't improve upon? Or at least modify rather look at it's implications?

Calm down there little buddy

Your original post here (before you edited it) and then other post in another thread indicated that you thought it was silly of us to go after more guards because of how many SGs we have now. Simply listing us as having 6 SGs this year isn't really an accurate view of the program's needs though.

And I haven't looked at Gophersports.com, but no, I don't really want Walker playing many minutes at the 4. If you (and Tubby for that matter, in his recent interviews) thought that we had trouble matching up with Ralph/Colt matching up with more agile PF's like Simms last year, I don't want to even think about Mo guarding them. Don't get me wrong, I like Mo, and in some match-ups he could play there, but I think it's pretty clear he's primarily a C.

Beyond that I didn't intend to be overly nit-picky, I was just trying to match your list to the guys on the roster and not seeing where your numbers were coming from

Top Bottom