Myron on KFAN Now 1040am

So... what if this is all true?
It seems likely that Nolen will miss the rest of the season.
It seems much less certain whether Royce will be allowed to play anytime soon.
But... let's assume that both are true.
Is the team better or worse?
It has become pretty apparent that we could use a bigger body with some athleticism and someone with some "go-to" scoring ability. Can Royce be that guy at this point in the season (with no practice history with the team - and just his potential as a top recruit)? I'm really more concerned about Royce fitting into the team defensive scheme than I am whether he can fit in on the offensive end.
Would the addition of Royce balance out the loss of Al (we complain about his lack of scoring ability, but his defense and leadership in running the offense are huge losses).
I guess if we are sure to lose Al, it would take some of the sting away if Royce returned soon, but I think the team takes a hit even then. If Royce isn't reinstated soon I think this puts the season in the crapper. Our chances of reaching the big dance just tanked.

So... what if this is all true?
It seems likely that Nolen will miss the rest of the season.
It seems much less certain whether Royce will be allowed to play anytime soon.
But... let's assume that both are true.
Is the team better or worse?
It has become pretty apparent that we could use a bigger body with some athleticism and someone with some "go-to" scoring ability. Can Royce be that guy at this point in the season (with no practice history with the team - and just his potential as a top recruit)? I'm really more concerned about Royce fitting into the team defensive scheme than I am whether he can fit in on the offensive end.
Would the addition of Royce balance out the loss of Al (we complain about his lack of scoring ability, but his defense and leadership in running the offense are huge losses).
I guess if we are sure to lose Al, it would take some of the sting away if Royce returned soon, but I think the team takes a hit even then. If Royce isn't reinstated soon I think this puts the season in the crapper. Our chances of reaching the big dance just tanked.

IMO our chances of reaching the big dance (low goal anyway) tanked in November and re-suck last weekend.

Although Nolen is a great defender, Cobbs isn't so bad himself. With his ability to finish around the rim and hit a higher percentage of his outside shots I don't think this is as bad of a thing as everyone is assuming. If Royce is back soon and is in decent playing shape I don't see any reason why we can't make the tournament.

I still think we have a shot at the NCAA...I'm surprised to see so many people write us off already. We're not even halfway through the Big 10?

The two things you lose with Nolen are depth and defense, especially down the stretch when the game is close.

Ridiculous statements. No team loses NCAA opportunity in November. Last weekend didn't help but NCAA is still a possibility.

Chinks in the armor at that point. Loss to Portland, Miami, and A&M reduced our margin for error later in the season, and IMO, began the slide.

Top Bottom