Myron: Colton Iverson leaves Gophers men's basketball team

It was already posted and offical. You have an odd obsession with Myron.

Dawn Mitchell just said he's the fifth player to leave since February. I must really be out of the loop.

Dawn Mitchell just said he's the fifth player to leave since February. I must really be out of the loop.

Quite a few people tweeted that, I had to refresh my memory:

Royce White
Paul Carter
Justin Cobbs
Devoe Joseph
Colton Iverson

Anyone who likes Myron is odd...IMO. Just another STrib hack...

Who are the other STrib hacks? Just wondering - because I think the writers there are some of the best.

GL...Please do not get sucked into pi$$ing contests with these pups. You are cool, informed, aggressive to get us news, and you catch hell from those with Mush for Brains. Keep up the good work. Doc.

By odd I mean you are one of the few that values what he writes --- clearly from your personal frendship.

No wonder why the strib is broke, they sent Moreon to watch his favorite team 'Badgers' in New Orleans.

By odd I mean you are one of the few that values what he writes --- clearly from your personal frendship.

No wonder why the strib is broke, they sent Moreon to watch his favorite team 'Badgers' in New Orleans.

I don't want this to turn into an OT thread so I won't dwell on it, but the STrib is far from broke. That was 2-3 years ago and they have had a dramatic financial rebound the last few years and are one of the poster children nationally for daily newspapers for turning around its financial situation. The STrib is in much better shape financially overall and on an ongoing P&L than most national dailies and absolutely in better paper v. paper financial condition than the Pioneer Press.

Go Gophers!!

Quite a few people tweeted that, I had to refresh my memory:

Royce White
Paul Carter
Justin Cobbs
Devoe Joseph
Colton Iverson

Who are the other STrib hacks? Just wondering - because I think the writers there are some of the best.

That makes sense. She probably should have specified that her timeframe was over a year, not a month and change.

That makes sense. She probably should have specified that her timeframe was over a year, not a month and change.

It's kind of rounding...plus, the Royce thing was kind of here and there - some people counted his departure earlier, some later after he officially decided to go to Iowa State.

I don't want this to turn into an OT thread so I won't dwell on it, but the STrib is far from broke. That was 2-3 years ago and they have had a dramatic financial rebound the last few years and are one of the poster children nationally for daily newspapers for turning around its financial situation. The STrib is in much better shape financially overall and on an ongoing P&L than most national dailies and absolutely in better paper v. paper financial condition than the Pioneer Press.

Go Gophers!!

Interesting. I didn't know that the STrib had turned it around so well. If you know, what have they done to have such a dramatic financial rebound. I know they have had some drastic employee cuts but is there something else they have done beside that? Sorry to follow up a lil OT - but I don't get over to OT Board as often as I should. ;) I thought the STrib and all other Papers were headed straight down the drain.

It's kind of rounding...plus, the Royce thing was kind of here and there - some people counted his departure earlier, some later after he officially decided to go to Iowa State.

What Breaking is saying is that when someone says "since February" and it is currently late March, that usually means another way of saying the timeframe is since "last month." If someone wasn't following this story closely, they would be left to assume she meant five players have left "since February" - or - within the last 30-45 days.

Dawn should have said "since February of 2010."

damn, we lost at least a .500 starting 5 if you look at it.
Cobbs-PG
Joseph-SG
Carter-SF
Royce-PF
Iverson-C

damn, we lost at least a .500 starting 5 if you look at it.
Cobbs-PG
Joseph-SG
Carter-SF
Royce-PF
Iverson-C

Which makes you wonder, is it better to go after players that are a step below Joseph, Royce, Mbakwe if you knew they weren't going to have issues or look to transfer? Stability is something the program needs right now after relying on the relative stability of Hoffarber and Nolen (3.5 seasons).

Which makes you wonder, is it better to go after players that are a step below Joseph, Royce, Mbakwe if you knew they weren't going to have issues or look to transfer? Stability is something the program needs right now after relying on the relative stability of Hoffarber and Nolen (3.5 seasons).

I agree with this. Sure, everyone loves the one and done kids, because if you have enough of them, you usually can go pretty deep in the "Big Dance". On the same note though, they can really set a school back. I would like to have a bunch of 3 star players sprinkled with some 4's (Coleman, Hollins) that have good attitudes and will be hear for the long haul. I want the school to win on a consistent basis, not just once in awhile. I also don't want the headaches that we have been having the past 2+ years. So, hopefully all of the bad seeds are gone. I don't anyone one the team now, or coming in this year will be a problem. I'm saying people won't leave, but it won't be due to hating it hear or getting into some kind of trouble.

http://mnsportssidefx.blogspot.com/

I scrolled down to the next story and found some typical Moreon gem's.

-The Jimmer is better than you think, but he’s no future NBA star. (How do you know if Jimmer is better than I think?)

NBA minds wonder how he’ll defend at the next level, which is amusing because few NBA players are known for their defense. I could see if the year was 1990, but the next level in 2011 is all about offense. And that’s why the BYU product will get called to the podium at Madison Square Garden in June’s draft. Plus, he’s not going to be a four-quarter guy. He’ll play in spurts due to his limitations. (Myron's favorite word for any white player).

In the right system – think New York, Phoenix or Dallas – he’ll have opportunities to score in transition. (NBA GM Myron)

I think the Gators have developed the chemistry that’s now allowing their talent to blossom. Ohio State is still the favorite. But I won’t be surprised if this squad makes a run to the title game and upsets the Buckeyes. (Wrong)

They have length and athleticism inside. And they’re very quick on the perimeter. (Myron you should re-watch last years NCAA tournament and realize long and athletic doesn't mean wins vs. well rounded basketball players)

Top Bottom