My way too early B1G Divisional Power Rankings entering 2015. Enjoy!

Thoughts on the West:

Wisky: easily going to have the target on their back. Lose Gordon, but as a team could be improved and more balanced next year. Will be the team to beat
MN: obvious dark horse choice to win the west based on that we should be as good on offense; have to replace Wilson at LB and Botticelli at DT which is a concern but the young pups got a ton of reps. Our DBs should be the best in the conference (no fly zone?) and should allow us to get more creative with blitz packages b/c our team speed should be pretty incredible from an athlete standpoint for the B10.
Neb: so much will be dictated by attrition and who their next HC is; I'd expect a transition year here.
Iowa: losing a lot and their roster just doesn't appear to be that talented.
Ill: Beckman really just doesn't appear to be the answer here for me and I think they struggle again.
NW: Will be typical NW and hover around 6-6 again likely.
Purdue: Applebee is a year older but still don't have the horses to contend.

All in all, my rankings without knowing how the offseason will go for attrition, injuries, leaving early, etc.

1. Wisconsin: gotta beat them to dethrone them
2. Minnesota: Should be Wisky at home for the West title again, unless we can pull off the early upset at OSU to give us a lead on Wisconsin who has a Charmin soft schedule so it makes it unlikely
3. Iowa: lose a ton, but who else in the division will be better since they get MD and Indiana in the crossover games?
4. Nebraska: this is based on some large attrition to Bo being gone. Rebuild year coupled with Mich St and Rutgers in the crossovers
5-7: Illinois, NW, Purdue: don't think they have the horses to contend but will likely help to ruin someone's season if they put it all together on a given Saturday.

Top Bottom