My Preseason Bracketology 11/4

jjgopher

Reaction score
Ahhhh yes, that breath of fresh air is the college basketball season. I know I don't post barely ever anymore, but I will try to post my weekly Bracketology throughout the season. I know SS does his as well, but hopefully you guys won't mind getting a 2nd opinion on things. Hopefully when March comes around this year, and especially the weekend of Selection Sunday, I won't have to calm you guys all down that we are IN, like I had to this year. I'm expecting big things out the Gophers this year. I could honestly see us going anywhere from a 3 seed to down by an 11/12 seed depending on how the year goes.

Anyways here is my first bracket. Take it for what you will, as no games have been played yet.

Conference Tournament Winners are in CAPS

1 Seeds- DUKE, MICHIGAN STATE, PITT, KANSAS STATE
2 Seeds- Ohio State, Villanova, Baylor, FLORIDA
3 Seeds- Kansas, Syracuse, North Carolina, Kentucky
4 Seeds- TEMPLE, Missouri, Purdue, WASHINGTON
5 Seeds- Georgetown, BUTLER, GONZAGA, Illinois
6 Seeds- Minnesota, Virginia Tech, Tennessee, MEMPHIS
7 Seeds- BYU, Xavier, Wisconsin, West Virginia
8 Seeds- San Diego State, N.C. State, Mississippi State, UTAH STATE
9 Seeds- St. John's, Richmond, WICHITA STATE, Texas
10 Seeds- Ucla, Texas AM, Dayton, Utep,
11 Seeds- Old Dominion, Rhode Island, Maryland, Oklahoma State
12 Seeds- Marquette, Florida State, Play-In 1, Play-In 2
13 Seeds- MURRAY STATE, WOFFORD, GEORGE MASON, BALL STATE
14 Seeds- COASTAL CAROLINA, WESTERN KENTUCKY, OAKLAND, SIENA
15 Seeds- STEPHEN F AUSTIN, MORGAN STATE, BOSTON U, UC-SANTA BARBARA
16 Seeds- HARVARD, WEBER STATE, Play-In 3, Play-In 4

Play-In 1 Louisville vs. Northwestern
Play-In 2 Arizona vs. Vanderbilt
Play-In 3 JACKSON STATE vs. LIPSCOMB
Play-In 4 AMERICANvs. QUINNIPIAC

Last Four In- Louisville, Northwestern, Arizona, Vanderbilt
Last Four Out- UConn, St. Louis, Unlv, Miami Fl
Next Four Out- Texas Tech, Long Beach State, Seton Hall, Ole Miss

Looks good, JJ. It appears we differ on 12 teams.

You have: American (Patriot champ), Ball State (MAC champ), George Mason (CAA champ), Louisville (at-large), Northwestern (at-large), Oklahoma State (at-large), Rhode Island (at-large), Siena (MAAC champ), Texas A&M (at-large), UCLA (at-large), UTEP (at-large) & Weber State (Big Sky champ).

I have: Akron (MAC champ), Georgia (at-large), Holy Cross (Patriot champ), Iona (MAAC champ), James Madison (CAA champ), Montana (Big Sky champ), New Mexico (at-large), North Texas (Sun Belt champ), Notre Dame (at-large), Seton Hall (at-large), Southern Miss (at-large) & Washington State (at-large).

Thanks-- bookmark these and take a look at them when the real bracket rolls out, that would be interesting.

I agree with SS, I think Georgia and Washington St get in. I'm not going to pretend to know enough to dispute anything else.

Over the last several years, typically my preseason projection ends up being just over half right. I'd say it's usually in the 35-40 (of 65) range. Obviously, it's a huge crapshoot when we know so little about the teams & basing it mostly on who's returning/who's joining each team.

Yeah and with all the smaller conferences, the best team/regular season winner, might not win the tournament so they won't get in.

And yeah I had Georgia on the bubble, and then forgot to put them in the first four out, they definitely should have been in at least the first four out. If you look at people's projections before the start of last season, UNC was like a 2 seed and they were atrocious so yeah it's all just a guessing game right now.

Top Bottom