My new wallpaper

The Most Recognizable Face of Minnesota

Goldy is more recognizable to Minnesotans and non Minnesotans than the governor, Coach Brewster, you name it. That being said, he is the best Mascot in what I call the Suit Division. In the live Mascot Divison you have some pretty imposing entries. Ralphy the Buffalo, Mike the Tiger, Bevo The Longhorn, and who can argue with The Army Mule, or The Navy Goat.
Then there is the Hybrid Divison. The Boomer Sooner, USC Trojan and Traveler, or how about the Seminole Warrior on the Horse with the Flaming spear that he plants at home games.

In the overall standings I would argue Goldy is top 2 or 3.

Goldy

Amen!!

Goldy is the most recognized mascot anywhere. I agree 100% with Husker70 on that.

I still prefer the "tough looking" gopher when Lou Holtz was coaching here in the mid-eighties.
It made us look more masculine or something.

Go Gophers!!

Goldy is the best suited mascot for sure. Live mascots are just different and not interactive. Goldy is silly and the people who play him typically do a great job of physically conveying emotions and expressions that aren't the permanent toothy grin on his face. He does more stunts than a lot of mascots. The only other one that comes close to Goldy, IMO, is Aubie the tiger from Auburn. Sparty is a distant third behind them.

It was a good article but I do have to say Goldy was also 3rd in the national competition in 2000. Did you also know Goldy was in Playboy??? Girls of the Big Ten 2003. It was an "article/interview" so most readers probably missed it. I am just sayin....He's a P.I.M.P. (player in mascot phur)

Top Bottom