My favorite memory of Gophers VS Syracuse

Schnauzer

Pretty Sure You are Wrong
Reaction score
Well, in 2009 Eric Decker served notice right out of the gate (in an OT win against Syracuse) that he would be the Gopher player to carry the offense that year.

However, that game only ranks second for me. Tyrone Carter's two fumble return victory more than a decade earlier remains my favorite. My apologies if someone has already posted this somewhwere...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pl54ii5ovD0&feature=g-all-u

Just another gas can to throw on the fire in anticipation of Saturday night. Thursday usually starts the final run into Saturday game time.

Well, in 2009 Eric Decker served notice right out of the gate (in an OT win against Syracuse) that he would be the Gopher player to carry the offense that year.

However, that game only ranks second for me. Tyrone Carter's two fumble return victory more than a decade earlier remains my favorite. My apologies if someone has already posted this somewhwere...

Just another gas can to throw on the fire in anticipation of Saturday night. Thursday usually starts the final run into Saturday game time.

No kidding that was GREAT! A side note on that: Qadry (the Missile) Ismail was a Viking receiver at the time and Co-Host for Mark Rosen. He was also a Syracuse Grad. He picked the Orangemen to romp over the Gophers. On the Sunday night show after the game he said that Gopher fans should learn to lighten up. Apparently Gopher fans had gotten a little rough on him.

No as rough as Tyrone but still..

How did that Fiesta Bowl Syracuse team led by Mcnabb lose that Game! :)

Interestingly, the 2009 game is highly memorable to me as well. Even though we lost I realized that we had finally started the long climb out of the abyss that was the Greg Robinson era here at Syracuse.

How did that Fiesta Bowl Syracuse team led by Mcnabb lose that Game! :)

Interestingly, the 2009 game is highly memorable to me as well. Even though we lost I realized that we had finally started the long climb out of the abyss that was the Greg Robinson era here at Syracuse.

So Glorious.......What will the final score be?

So Glorious.......What will the final score be?

LOL, predicting the 'Cuse! Ha, good luck with that one. It depends which Syracuse team shows up.

If we come out in the 1st half like we have for our other 3 games then we will lose.

I think the energy at night with the crowd is actually going to inspire Syracuse and we will come out sharper. Hopefully we will get the ball first go right down the field for a TD.

But I really no nothing about your team so i'll just go with Syracuse for the win, no score.

tyrone carter is my all time favorite gopher. thanks for the post schnauzer

I was at this game. The dome was rocking. Probably the best game I attended at the Dome.

Perhaps we can have another Carter duplicate the feat tomorrow night. I'd even settle for one.

Mine was the 95 game as in the second half I sat behind Butch Nash and Cal Stoll.

Top Bottom