My Big Ten Restaurant Sign

FarmGopher

U Grad
Reaction score
0912131635.jpg 0916131636.jpg

Thought I'd share a couple pictures of the Big 10 Restaurant sign I recently acquired. This sign is from the location in Owatonna that closed about a year ago. It is really big, about 7 feet in diameter, and double-sided. It was quite an endeavor to get it home. All the neon is good except for the "B" in BIG on the other side. One of the transformers is bad, so that's why the arrow is not lit in the picture. I think we're going to hang it in our shop, if we figure out that the wall is strong enough.

Just thought this might help get people pumped up as we enter BIG TEN play. Thanks, and GO GOPHERS!

Yikes, that is a big sign.... very nice though!

My goodness. That sign is HUGE! But, cool that you have it! Thanks for sharing!

Nice acquisition! All you need now is the giant disco ball light to go with it.

You definitely need to host the winter "hot stove" for all the Gopher Holers after you get that thing hung. Very nice score!

How does somebody go about obtaining such an item?

That is really sweet. Would love to have something like that, as I spend a good chunk of undergraduate time in the Big 10 in Stadium Village eating pepper burgers, waffle fries, and drinking pitchers of whatever was cheapest at that moment. Good times.

How does somebody go about obtaining such an item?

Well, first you wait for a moonless night and then...

Actually, I just tried to do my best "American Pickers" impression and stopped by the restaurant when I saw they were remodeling and asked if they were going to sell the sign. After a couple of phone calls, we worked out a price and luckily I have a tractor with a front-end loader at my disposal to lift it into our truck.

Well, first you wait for a moonless night and then...

Actually, I just tried to do my best "American Pickers" impression and stopped by the restaurant when I saw they were remodeling and asked if they were going to sell the sign. After a couple of phone calls, we worked out a price and luckily I have a tractor with a front-end loader at my disposal to lift it into our truck.

The owners of the Big 10 restaurant in Stadium Village may want to negotiate with you for that sign, bet they would love to have that outside of the restaurant. Not saying I know them but I bet if you wanted to sell it they would make an offer.
That is a nice sign, the neon would be really cool. Farm Gopher do you tailgate, that would be one heck of a sign attached to a bus or RV.

Quarter tap nights at The Big Ten in Stadium Village...I kind of recall those. And the best subs and fries on earth, what a place!

Top Bottom