My Big Ten Power Rankings after Week 8

NoelarBear

Reaction score

Where do things stand after Week Eight?

Our own Noel Thompson gives us his Big Ten Power Rankings.

1. Oregon
Last Week: #1

2. Penn State
Last Week: #2

3. Ohio State
Last Week: #3

4. Indiana
Last Week: #4

5. Illinois
Last Week: #6

6. Wisconsin
Last Week: #9

7. Michigan State
Last Week: #14

8. Iowa
Last Week: #7

9. Minnesota
Last Week: #10

10. Nebraska
Last Week: #5

11. Washington
Last Week: #11

12. Michigan
Last Week: #8

13. Maryland
Last Week: #16

14. USC
Last Week: #12

15. UCLA
Last Week: #18

16. Rutgers
Last Week: #13

17. Northwestern
Last Week: #15

18. Purdue
Last Week: #17

Like Some Guy said, once you get to team 5 the gap between the teams is tiny. You have to put teams somewhere but they are pretty interchangeable from week to week.
Yeah the gap is narrow I would say between 5-14, but dropping them down to 7 or 8 seems about right to me. Minnesota remaining at 10 also seems about right given they were on a bye.

There could be some SEC level instability this upcoming weekend!

Illinois at Oregon will be a big test for Fatty!
Nebraska is going to get popped at OSU!
Washington could beat Indiana
PSU @ Whiskey could be tough
MSU @Michigan is a toss up
Iowa will win at NW
Does anyone care about Rutgers at USC?

And of course we all know, damn near anything could happen at Homecoming in Minnesota!

Here’s hoping Perich keeps us from perishing again!

Rutgers was everyone's offseason favorite pick to have a big season and it's very possible they only win 1 or 2 conference games. They're probably going to be underdogs in their remaining games, other than maybe @Maryland.

I think this is a very good stab at ranking them, Noel.

I know Fleck is a huge proponent of insisting that the team is laser-focused on their next opponent only (and I agree with him), but as a mere fan I love the fact that 3 of our remaining five games are against teams with higher rankings than the Gophers, and two of those games are against teams in the Top 4.

This proves that there is still a lot to play for, and there are very worthwhile and attainable goals in front of us, well within reach. I have to say, I'm beginning to like the new, expanded B1G conference.

I know Fleck is a huge proponent of insisting that the team is laser-focused on their next opponent only (and I agree with him), but as a mere fan I love the fact that 3 of our remaining five games are against teams with higher rankings than the Gophers, and two of those games are against teams in the Top 4.

This proves that there is still a lot to play for, and there are very worthwhile and attainable goals in front of us, well within reach. I have to say, I'm beginning to like the new, expanded B1G conference.
I hate it. We are halfway through the season an unbeaten teams don’t control their own destiny for a big ten title

As long as there is a B1G game left on the schedule there is a LOT to play for. Beat Stinking Maryland, Gopher!!!

Top Bottom