My attempt to energize GH a bit

Bayfieldgopher

Reaction score
Man, this board is really slow. I know, its that time of year. But there doesn't seem to be much going on even with spring football.

So here we go. Another one of those recruiting rankings thread, this one from Geezo Beezo's blog. http://geezobeezo.blogspot.com/2011/04/initial-scout-rankings-class-of-2012.html#more

As usual, the early Gopher committs rank far behind the higher ranked BT programs. But its interesting that NU has nabbed a couple of ranked players. Even with OSU's issues, they are loading up with top rated recruits.

Nick Davidson

Man, this board is really slow. I know, its that time of year. But there doesn't seem to be much going on even with spring football.

So here we go. Another one of those recruiting rankings thread, this one from Geezo Beezo's blog. http://geezobeezo.blogspot.com/2011/04/initial-scout-rankings-class-of-2012.html#more

As usual, the early Gopher committs rank far behind the higher ranked BT programs. But its interesting that NU has nabbed a couple of ranked players. Even with OSU's issues, they are loading up with top rated recruits.

Geezo Beezo has Nick Davidson Eden Prairie transfer from NC included in the list of potential Minnesota recruits going to the U (See the following).

Phillip Nelson QB #39
Jonah Pirsig OT #34
Nick Rallis OLB #44
Nick Davidson OT #33 Eden Prairie transfer from NC
Andre McDonald WR - Gopher commit is unranked (Scout has ranked 79 WR so far)
Maxx WIlliams TE - Gopher commit is unranked (Scout has ranked 22 TE so far)

He and Jonah Pirsig are the only ones that have not given a verbal to Minnesota. I assume this kid is transferring to Eden Prairie from North Carolina. Does anybody know anything about him and what are chances are of landing him?

I think MN sports fans have been lulled into a comatose state. With the way winter sports went, and the fact that the Twins look like same old, same old against the AL East, there is literally NOTHING related to sports to be excited about.

T-Wolves: yawn
Wild: *sigh*
Gopher B-ball: gag reflex
Gopher hockey: Now I'm starting to get mad
Gopher football recruiting rankings: Dear Lord; grant me patience.
Twins: Run & Hide, its the AL East!

I'm not knocking; I'm commiserating. :cry:

I just want to watch Kill's team play a game. The next 4-5 months can not go by fast enough!

Go Gophers!

His Dad is the Vikings Oline coach. I have heard they are great people. Don't know our chances at all. Other kids and families from EP that are being recruited have spent some time with the family - that can't hurt.

ButchNashGuy

Thanks! You jogged my memory, old as it may be. Now I know what MV was talking about.

Davidson has early offers from most of the ACC to go along with his Scout ranking and Rivals considering him one of the 250 to watch which is essentially a 4* rating.

You can never discount how much recruits want their parents to see their games. Given how close his dad will be tethered to his job on Saturdays being the closest school doesn't hurt our chances. Also not hurting is the fact that Davidson has moved around quite a bit. Assuming he's 17 he lived the past 4 years in Charlotte (NC), 2 years in Cleveland, 8 years in Boston and 3 years in New Orleans.

His dad grew up in Akron, OH and went to Ohio State. If tOSU offered I think it would be hard to turn down but since they already landed Kyle Kalis (Scout OT #5) and have offered 6 other OT I don't think Davidson will have to make that choice.

I'm giving the Gophers a 20% shot right now, which is pretty good considering he has 14 offers on the table.

Unless we bust out with 8 wins or more I think our recruiting class will be about the same as last year unless we ink Davidson, Pirsig, and a couple of the other higher profile kids in the state. Nationally, the higher profile kids want to go with a winning program. We need to establish a winning tradition before we start seeing an upswing in re recruiting.

Kill has a shirt for you

Unless we bust out with 8 wins or more I think our recruiting class will be about the same as last year unless we ink Davidson, Pirsig, and a couple of the other higher profile kids in the state. Nationally, the higher profile kids want to go with a winning program. We need to establish a winning tradition before we start seeing an upswing in re recruiting.

Glen - You’re right. I think we should pack it in. What is the use?

I expect that is not what you are trying to say but you sure sound fatalistic. You are also jumping the gun. Kill realizes you turn programs around by hard work and attention to detail. I don't know what is going to happen but I do know that Kill is doing the right things needed to turn this program around. His first step was for his players to buy into his program. The cornerstone of it is hard work. He teaches perseverance and that you do not let your team mates down by quitting. He is in the process of identifying those players that he and the players can count on. You can see this in how he teaches and how he runs his practices. He realizes it is all about baby steps and getting better each day.

It not about recruiting stars but recruiting players that buys into Kill's program. So let's stop worrying about the wrong things and appreciate the fact that Kill is focused on the right things. I know that Minnesota has been wandering in the desert for 44 years but don’t worry about recruiting. It is not where it starts. It starts with the changing the culture. So if we are going to worry, let’s worry about whether Kill is changing the culture of the program to what is needed to win. I happen to think he is.

Top Bottom