My 5 takes because you all asked

patrick08

Reaction score
1) Fort Collins is beautiful
2) CBS Sports not significantly better than Aggie Vision
3) Our defense is good
4) Saying Leidner is "average" would be a compliment at this point. Will hurt us all season
5) Rodney Smith is gonna be good

3) Our defense is good
4) Saying Leidner is "average" would be a compliment at this point. Will hurt us all season

Agreed on all accounts...would add MVP of the day was Steven Richardson, beast mode today!

3) Our defense is good

Thanks, I was hoping you'd post these.

Now let me give you mine.

1) O-Line is the team's biggest problem. Pass pro is horrible, no push in power run game.

2) Offense needs to run zone read 50% of the time, and hopefully incorporate more jet action in conference play.

3) Rodney Smith is a beast. We might miss Cobb in a few weeks, but I ain't missing him at all right now. That's sayin' something.

4) The rFR receivers ain't gonna make an impact this year. Woli looks like a player. Maye is steady. Carter is doing what's asked of him -- including blocking downfield.

5) Defense is equal to or better than last year. That said, they'll continue being exposed in the run game if the O can't keep them off the field.

1. Our offense is....interesting
2. Every time we play on CBS Sports Network, we end up beating a Mountain West team with a FG in overtime
3. Field goals go very far in Colorado
4. Our secondary is still good
5. Referees are still hit-or-miss

2. Every time we play on CBS Sports Network, we end up beating a Mountain West team with a FG in overtime
3. Field goals go very far in Colorado

If I could figure out how to post emoticons in TapaTalk, I'd do the clappy hand thingy. Well played.

1. Kill is obviously healthy
2. Jeff jones may never play
3. BIG officials suck
4. Leidner should be playing in a fast paced system
5. Every win will be earned

3) Our defense is good

Agree with all five, especially on Ft. Collins, which is a gem of a college town, second only to Boulder and maybe Madison.

3) Our defense is good

LOL, a buddy and I had been texting back and forth all game about how this is maybe a half step
above aggievision....I think MSU Mankato's broadcasts are better..

Agree with all five, especially on Ft. Collins, which is a gem of a college town, second only to Boulder and maybe Madison.

Great city. Great area.

Most clusterfukkish game day situation I've ever seen in my life. There's like one road going into the stadium and one or two entrances into the fn stadium. I think we were west of College (the main drag going by campus) probably over 45 minutes before kickoff, a few miles from the stadium, and missed the first few minutes of the game.

Concourse and concessions area was equally crappy.

Took another 30+ minutes after the game to even move the car. What a chaotic fun disaster.

Great trip though!!

1. ML7 was terrible. It scares me that he most likely remains the best option we have.

2. The D is incredible. Maybe the best I recall. It will be a shame if that is wasted by the O.

3. We now know why the rFR WRs were red-shirted last year. They still ain't ready.

4. Steven Richardson. Wow!

5. Kill/Limey need to find a new wrinkle and have 3-weeks to do it.

This is really a complete recap of reality. Be prepared for us to ask for additional recaps in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, I was hoping you'd post these.

Now let me give you mine.

1) O-Line is the team's biggest problem. Pass pro is horrible, no push in power run game.

2) Offense needs to run zone read 50% of the time, and hopefully incorporate more jet action in conference play.

3) Rodney Smith is a beast. We might miss Cobb in a few weeks, but I ain't missing him at all right now. That's sayin' something.

4) The rFR receivers ain't gonna make an impact this year. Woli looks like a player. Maye is steady. Carter is doing what's asked of him -- including blocking downfield.

5) Defense is equal to or better than last year. That said, they'll continue being exposed in the run game if the O can't keep them off the field.
Agree 100%. Leidner this season has felt terrible in the moment while watching the game. But when you break it down later, you realize he was completing passes and leading game saving TD drives when the team needed it. His stat line was better than I felt it was while watching the game.

Offense is in desperate need of creativity. Keep the defense guessing, because we can't impose our will like we did last season.

I just finished watching the game as we had a wedding today. That game was so bad and good at the same time.

1. Leidner is just frustrating. At times he looks like a legit QB and other times he looks like a frosh playing in his first game. I get why there are so many different opinions of him. Some remember the bad misses and others remember drives like he had late in the 4th to give us the lead. He's shown he has the skill to be good in my opinion. Consistency continues to be the big issue.

2. With that said, there are plenty of other issues on offense right now. The OL and TE are hurting big time. Have to get them healthy. Still too many bad drops. That one by Holland on 3rd down was bad. Hopefully can get guys healthy the next few weeks.

3. I had a hunch Wolitarsky could have a big year.

4. That PI on Johnson on CSU last drive was horrendous. One of the worse calls I've seen, especially considering the situation.

5. It was damn ugly. But it was a win. Always tough to win on the road. Live and learn, move onto Kent St.

1. Everything looks a little less bad when it's a W at the end of the day. But, in the meantime, we did not have our A game.
2. Woli solidifies our WR corps, which is pretty inexperienced. KJ isn't great, but sure makes some big-time plays.
3. Brooks burned his RS with one play, that I saw. Bet he's chomping at the bit to get his next play.
4. I hope the next 2 games, we get on a roll against the MAC, which I fear isn't finished making life miserable for Power 5 teams.
5. My preseason expectations have been tempered, but not dashed.

1. Our play calling still ranks high for a MAC team
2. our OL is overrated
3. Woli should be our goto guy
4. Defense has good depth and needs it as they get the majority of the PT for the game
5. WR's need to go up and get the football (could have really use Ernie's brother)

Top Bottom