My $0.02 - Ohio St Game

stevedave23

Reaction score
-Why isn't the gopher offense producing? Take your pick: QB is struggling on easy passes, wide receivers are dropping the good throws and holding/false start penalties are routine.

-For the most part, the gopher OL pass protection was better this week. Better being a relative term but still, better.

-I've come to realize that officiating in the Big Ten is not unlike the NBA. College teams like Ohio St are given calls like star players in the NBA (Kobe Bryant, Lebron James, etc.) are given calls. Teams like the gophers need to realize that and overcome.

-I liked the aggressive play calling on defense for the first 2 1/2 quarters. Lots of blitzes, zero coverage and stunts.

-Gophers challenge of Ohio St non-fumble was a terrible challenge.

-It's hard to discredit excitement but I'm getting tired of gopher defensive players running around, screaming and flexing after every tackle. Save it for the big plays guys.

-You wouldn't know it by the score, but this game could have been close. Ohio St didn't look invincible. Gophers just played much worse.

steve and dave what are your thoughts on tim davis' impact so far?

Thanks Art. My feelings are similar, although I thought we were extremely bone-headed at a number of junctures. It would be nice if our corners could have stayed on the screen with Posey on those long TD passes. Man, was he open.

Stoudamire should run laps until he pukes tomorrow.

Top Bottom