My $0.02 - Michigan St. Game

stevedave23

Reaction score
-It was great to see an emotional crowd at home. I'm usually a big sportsmanship guy but it was great to hear the crowd boo the officials for several minutes straight in the 2nd half. I feel like the gophers finally have a home field advantage.

-Gopher pass blocking was very, very good.

-I hate to take anything away from the defense but the MSU qb's were off and that played a big factor.

-I liked the fact that the gopher coaches kept mixing in the run, even if most only produced 2-4 yards. It seemed like it helped produce more managable 2nd and 3rd downs.

-With the exception of the end around td, the gopher run d was very good. The gopher's d-line won the line of scrimmage vs. MSU o-line.

-The gopher coaching staff needs to strike a balance between playing with emotion and still being disciplined.

-Gopher D did much better on 3rd down this game.

-Gopher D open field tackling was 100% better than Penn St/OSU games.

-I usually don't buy into media sub-plots and story lines but this was a big game for Brewster to win IMHO.

-The gopher coaching staff needs to strike a balance between playing with emotion and still being disciplined.

Exactly what I told my buddies. Some of our penalties are plain lack of discipline, but some of them are guys just trying to make an extra play or trying to make a big play.

With that being said, the roughing the QB penalty was the worst call I have ever seen.

Top Bottom