Mullen on Wikipedia

ecoperson

Reaction score
Some enthusiastic fan has already jumped the gun and posted the following on Wikipedia:

"In 2011 Mullen will take over as the head coach of the University of Minnesota."

hahah fantastic. Maybe this is what Maturi meant when he said they'd announce the decision first via social media.

If Wikipedia says it then it must be true!

Gone already. It was a run. :)

Someone in Osseo, MN updated it, FWIW.

This is showing up now...

===Minnesota===
On November 29, 2010, speculation ran rampant that Mullen will be announced as the new head football coach at the University of Minnesota. Confirmation of this announcement is expected at a press conference on November 30, 2010.

Man I wish we knew....I do hope we find out soon

the 11:05 version

After the 2010 season, Mississippi, the nation's poorest state, ran out of money to pay Mullen, so he went to Minnesota.

nice :)

When I was in grad school...

I take a "trust but verify" attitude to Wikipedia.

Everyone received an e-mail from some provost about citing Wikipedia in papers & your thesis. Long story short, big no-no. That whole peer reviewed thang. The letter did say that Wikipedia is a good starting point to find other references. I did that more that once, assuming the article you found on wiki had citations.

It was always a good idea, though, to make sure the U had a subscription to the journal you were citing. It could be embarrassing if your advisor asked you about the article you referenced from the Bulgarian Journal of Surface Chemistry. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom