Much frustration with T-Wolves; none with Gophers

I didn't realize their pick was lottery protected. This would be the year to not make the playoffs and get a pick. But with our lottery luck and never ever improving our spot forget it. But man having a Wiggins, Parker, Embid, or Randall, on this team would be awesome!

Is Aaron Gordon of Arizona the next Blake Griffin or the next Derrick Williams?

From 99-00 to 03'-'04, the Wolves went 50-32, 47-35, 50-32, 51-31, and 58-24. The 58-24 team made the Western Conference Finals and has a great shot to win it all if Cassell doesn't get injured. I love the Gophers and if I had to choose success for the Gophers or success for the Wolves, I'd choose the Gophers every time. That said, the Wolves were actually good more recently than the Gophers were.

Only one of the those years they got out of the first round which for the casual fan, that's all they're going to remember

From 99-00 to 03'-'04, the Wolves went 50-32, 47-35, 50-32, 51-31, and 58-24. The 58-24 team made the Western Conference Finals and has a great shot to win it all if Cassell doesn't get injured. I love the Gophers and if I had to choose success for the Gophers or success for the Wolves, I'd choose the Gophers every time. That said, the Wolves were actually good more recently than the Gophers were.

By your standards of good, than I guess they 04-05 gophers were considered good, so technically they've been good more recently than the wolves :)

You're entitled to your opinion, I'm entitled to mine, I just think they're a bad team. It's also tough to believe that defense is played when you watch the wolves defend and see their scores in the paper.

I wouldn't say they are bad, but they are definitely not good. It's true that the Wolves' defense is a weakness, as is the bench play. But scores are also high because some players are just that good, sinking 3's with hands in their faces, ripping through contact in the post to throw in the lay-up. A lot of it cannot be defended.

I do find it odd cheering for Hummel after the dirty things I called him in the Barn. But I can't help it, he's scrappy and works hard out there. Too bad he cannot keep up defensively against the more athletic players.

Let's face it unless the wolves start getting lottery luck, they can never sniff a championship, only second or third tier free agents entertain comming here. It is like Garnett all over again with Love. Good enough to not get a high draft pick, and then trying to assemble parts with second and third tier guys.

The Wolves guys get big bucks. The Gopher guys get scholarships. I always root for the Pups.

GO GOPHERS!!!

Adelman is the Tom Kelly of the NBA. Guys don't play the "right way" and they get buried, regardless of what they could possibly bring to the table. I doubt Derrick Williams turns into the NBA equivalent of David Ortiz, but the same mentality was in place for the Wolves with Williams as it was for the Twins with Ortiz. Adelman buried Williams to where the 2nd overall draft pick netted us a guy who hardly qualifies as a role-player.

I wouldn't say they are bad, but they are definitely not good. It's true that the Wolves' defense is a weakness, as is the bench play. But scores are also high because some players are just that good, sinking 3's with hands in their faces, ripping through contact in the post to throw in the lay-up. A lot of it cannot be defended.

I do find it odd cheering for Hummel after the dirty things I called him in the Barn. But I can't help it, he's scrappy and works hard out there. Too bad he cannot keep up defensively against the more athletic players.

I liked Hummel, I hated how he torched us, but that's one guy I could root for over on 1st ave

Adelman is the Tom Kelly of the NBA. Guys don't play the "right way" and they get buried, regardless of what they could possibly bring to the table. I doubt Derrick Williams turns into the NBA equivalent of David Ortiz, but the same mentality was in place for the Wolves with Williams as it was for the Twins with Ortiz. Adelman buried Williams to where the 2nd overall draft pick netted us a guy who hardly qualifies as a role-player.

Sort of agree. Used to really really like Adleman for his work with a not very talented Houston team. His stint with the Wolves has tarnished his image to me. Have not been impressed.

Not sure if it's his age, ability to relate to the players or the players fit in his offense, but Wolves have not looked good.

Sort of agree. Used to really really like Adleman for his work with a not very talented Houston team. His stint with the Wolves has tarnished his image to me. Have not been impressed.

Not sure if it's his age, ability to relate to the players or the players fit in his offense, but Wolves have not looked good.

Really???

Top Bottom