MTSU Not in Awe of Minnesota

No coach in the world is going to come out before a game and even hint that his team doesn't have a chance.

I don't recall who we were playing, but I seem to recall years ago some media hack asking Glen Mason why anyone would want to watch the Gophers play some team like OSU who was a prohibited favorite. Glen responded by saying something to the effect, "people go watch the movie Titanic even though everyone knows what is going to happen to that ship."

Say what you want, but I really enjoyed Mason's dry humor. So yes, there is at least one coach who hinted at not having a chance.

Go Gophers!

Can this Grammer kid throw or not? Looks like he was a pretty bad passer and more of a run first guy from what I can gauge from last year, but was 15/17 against Savannah St.

It's no excuse, but with the monsoon and the fact the field looked like a giant slip and slide the entire game, I think 3 TO's in that weather is miraculous. Penalties, we do have to work on.

Good points. The bad news, you can't control the weather despite a few on GH who might suggest otherwise. The good news, penalties can be corrected. With no rain predicted for this Saturday, slippery fingers should not be the cause for any TO's that might occur. However, frostbite can wreak havoc with one's ability to use their fingers and toes. Your skill players may want to wear wool socks and winter choppers at all times. Just thought you should know ;-)
image.jpg

Highlighted that because the Coach said he talked to a number of coaches who played here and they told him how loud the place can be for the visiting team. Heard that before, even though people on here often say how "quiet" it is. :eek:

He and his players referred to the "noise" as a concern immediately after their previous game in the post-game presser.

He may not be in awe, but he has 'planted the seed' that it is a noisy environment to play in and that it will present a challenge in both preparation and execution.

Can this Grammer kid throw or not? Looks like he was a pretty bad passer and more of a run first guy from what I can gauge from last year, but was 15/17 against Savannah St.

Yes. Grammer can throw. He is NOT the same player he was last year. He has made a complete 360 during the offseason. We also have Erdley, who can pass and ran for a 10 yard TD this past Saturday. Both are good.
Grammer ran more this past Saturday due to the weather. It was easier to hold on to the ball and just run than it was to pass and pray that the receiver could catch. The football was seriously like soap in the shower this past weekend. Plus, Savannah State was making our run game too easy, so why not take advantage?...
Our receivers seem lighter on their feet this year, which is nice. Quicker moves and better plays. I was impressed, but then again, it was Savannah State we played against.

Yes. Grammer can throw. He is NOT the same player he was last year. He has made a complete 360 during the offseason. We also have Erdley, who can pass and ran for a 10 yard TD this past Saturday. Both are good.
Grammer ran more this past Saturday due to the weather. It was easier to hold on to the ball and just run than it was to pass and pray that the receiver could catch. The football was seriously like soap in the shower this past weekend. Plus, Savannah State was making our run game too easy, so why not take advantage?...
Our receivers seem lighter on their feet this year, which is nice. Quicker moves and better plays. I was impressed, but then again, it was Savannah State we played against.

So you're saying he is the exact same player? :p

It doesn't matter if MTSU is in awe when they get off the bus, because they will be when they get back on it.

dance4raiders is actually Stephon Marbury I think.

Top Bottom