MSU: First possible non-sellout at TCF?

Bayfieldgopher

Reaction score
Hope not. MSU has returned some of its allotment and they are available to season ticket holders.

I assume at some point the left overs will be available to the general public.

Hope not. MSU has returned some of its allotment and they are available to season ticket holders.

I assume at some point the left overs will be available to the general public.

Just got the e-mail from the TO about this. There must not be that many returned tickets if they're only being offered to season ticket holders.

The Purdue section had empties, yet the game was a sellout. MSU will be declared a sellout, as will Illinois and SDSU.

I agree there must not be many tickets available from MSU because offering them on Thursday to ONLY season ticket holders seems pretty restrictive if there were a lot of seats available.

I'm really looking forward to this game. I love it under the lights in TCF and I'm hoping for a good game.

they're available on gophersports.com since Monday available to ANYONE

I agree there must not be many tickets available from MSU because offering them on Thursday to ONLY season ticket holders seems pretty restrictive if there were a lot of seats available.

I'm really looking forward to this game. I love it under the lights in TCF and I'm hoping for a good game.

Ditto Schnauzer. I missed the Purdue game due to the crud so I haven't had my normal dose of TCF lately along with two away games. Mrs Bayfield will make her grand entrance and she is excited about that.

Bring it!!

If they have been available since Monday, they need to do a better job of marketing like just call up Dave Lee and tell him (and other media outlets) to mention it on their shows/news casts. There are a lot of people who want to get inside TCF for a game and I wonder how many of them would call the ticket office if they heard there were tickets available? Just do a press release... the local news, usually starved for material, would snap it up.

I have a hard time believing these tickets won't be snatched up....who doesn't want to watch a Big Ten game and against a team like Michigan State? This is what Big Ten football is all about.
Is it because we lost to OSU, Cal, and Penn STate? These teams were top 15 teams when we played them for crying out loud. Wisconsin cracked the top 21 in the BCS after playing us.
Yeah, it would have been great to have beat these teams, but we were underdogs in every one of those games we lost.

This is the toughest schedule the gophers had in decades or possibly EVER! If we don't sell out or have EVERY season ticket holder and student show up we don't deserve a new stadium and we should give it to the Vikings and play next season in the dome, plain and simple.

Well, we were favorites against Wisconsin but we were underdogs against Northwestern... so it is a wash I guess.

Maybe all the sky is falling people are driving away the masses??

I think anyone being driven away already has at least one foot in the "sky is falling" camp. Or, more aptly, they probably belong to the "here we go again" camp.

Probably will be snagged up by walk-up sales. It looks like Stubhub has about 88 tickets selling for less than the original $50 ticket price. Much of those are single seats too, and you can still get seats together through the ticket office.

Thanks to this thread I am going to my 1st game in the new stadium. Thanks Guys !!

I am going be voiceless when it's over. I am very excited. Only regret is I wont be able to get there early and tailgate. Next time I guess.

Any chance they are talking about decreasing the seating capacity at the Bank? May cause more of a demand and it would help congestion in the concourse.

Any chance they are talking about decreasing the seating capacity at the Bank? May cause more of a demand and it would help congestion in the concourse.

Well aren't you a funny little rascal....
Seriously...you really have nothing better to do then come on here and flame? I pity you....

Well aren't you a funny little rascal....
Seriously...you really have nothing better to do then come on here and flame? I pity you....

It was a legitimate question. I could not sell two extras I had for the Wisconsin game and the concourse is Dome like at halftime.

It was a legitimate question. I could not sell two extras I had for the Wisconsin game and the concourse is Dome like at halftime.

I find that hard to believe considering there were people clamoring on buckyville for tickets....
Go be a condescending a-hole somewhere else if you would....

That's rather hard to believe that you couldn't sell the tickets. Did you actually try?

I am going to react to this post on the internet strongly.

Hold on.

I think people are underestimating the impact of this game being on Halloween night. There are many many people that would call themselves Gopher fans - even very seasoned/loyal fans - that also have young children. Many of them would say that their kid's trick-or-treating trumps a Gopher game. What percentage of season-ticket holders have kids? What percentage of those folks are having to make a tough decision this Saturday night? If the stadium is not full, I'm far more prepared to blame family activities that night than I am weather or apathy.

I think people are underestimating the impact of this game being on Halloween night. There are many many people that would call themselves Gopher fans - even very seasoned/loyal fans - that also have young children. Many of them would say that their kid's trick-or-treating trumps a Gopher game. What percentage of season-ticket holders have kids? What percentage of those folks are having to make a tough decision this Saturday night? If the stadium is not full, I'm far more prepared to blame family activities that night than I am weather or apathy.

I have five tickets and although I found owners for all of them this game will be a bit different for us because my wife will be at home dealing with our three trick-or-treating kids.

I have said all along that I feel Halloween will take a bite out of the crowd for this game. Some college kids would rather party, some parents have to deal with trick or treating, and the pool of available "replacement fans" will be lower for all the same reasons.

Top Bottom