MSHSL Board approves NIL policy for MN HS students

Gophers_4life

Reaction score
https://www.startribune.com/bayliss...a-aurora-montana-soccer-goalkeeper/600182421/

Soccer goalkeeper Bayliss Flynn of Edina signed an endorsement deal Wednesday with TruStone Financial credit union, becoming the first known high school athlete in Minnesota to accept such a contract.

Flynn, 17, is playing with the Minnesota Aurora before beginning her senior season at Edina in the fall. She earned all-state honors as a junior, helping the Hornets to a 20-1 record and a No. 1 ranking before a loss to Stillwater in the state Class 3A semifinals. She has verbally committed to play college soccer for Montana.

Gophers_4life

Reaction score
The fact she's going to Montana and not a soccer power may tell you why she is not playing for the Gophers.
It may.

She is good enough to be playing for a professional(?) MN team though, and earning a NIL deal?

Gophers_4life

Reaction score
I see. This is not the thread to have this discussion, but I just assumed the new Aurora were like the equivalent to the Loons as what the Lynx are to the Wolves. Guess not

Some guy

Reaction score
https://www.startribune.com/bayliss...a-aurora-montana-soccer-goalkeeper/600182421/

Soccer goalkeeper Bayliss Flynn of Edina signed an endorsement deal Wednesday with TruStone Financial credit union, becoming the first known high school athlete in Minnesota to accept such a contract.

Flynn, 17, is playing with the Minnesota Aurora before beginning her senior season at Edina in the fall. She earned all-state honors as a junior, helping the Hornets to a 20-1 record and a No. 1 ranking before a loss to Stillwater in the state Class 3A semifinals. She has verbally committed to play college soccer for Montana.
This all strikes me as a way that local executives can launder money to their nieces and nephews

Last edited:

FireDaveLee

Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
This all strikes me as a way that local executives can launder money to their nieces and nephews
Sadly, this was my first reaction as well. Maybe not a relative, but perhaps a daughter of someone with a fair amount of $$ with TruStone.

Perhaps it's a bad assumption by me labeling a kid from a well-off SW suburb.....but I read Edina, & Montana, and I quickly only read the cover of the book.

Word

Eats difficult conversations
Reaction score
Sadly, this was my first reaction as well. Maybe not a relative, but perhaps a daughter of someone with a fair amount of $$ with TruStone.

Perhaps it's a bad assumption by me labeling a kid from a well-off SW suburb.....but I read Edina, & Montana, and I quickly only read the cover of the book.
Mom is Mary Lahammer from TPT.

Last edited:

Gophers_4life

Reaction score

I mean, Montana is DI. Not like she's going to a Northern Sun or MIAC program. :cool:

Top Bottom