Moving on...

GoForGold

Reaction score
Some thoughts on the bowl matchup. The only common opponent is Maryland. The most impressive win for WVU is either Virginia Tech or Iowa State. No line yet, over/under 47.

1638746553138.png

This won't be a pushover win. They do play tough teams in the Big 12. That Oklahoma game may be their best of the season.

Team will have to show up prepared, which seems to be a challenge when they're "playing down" to an opponent.

This won't be a pushover win. They do play tough teams in the Big 12. That Oklahoma game may be their best of the season.

Team will have to show up prepared, which seems to be a challenge when they're "playing down" to an opponent.
Well, this outfit seems to agree with you. I found these projected odds on Action Network.

1638747185670.png

Some thoughts on the bowl matchup. The only common opponent is Maryland. The most impressive win for WVU is either Virginia Tech or Iowa State. No line yet, over/under 47.

View attachment 15769
They beat one team with a winning record and another that finished 6-6. They edged out Kansas in the final week to get bowl eligible. They do play in a legit conference and lost some close games, so I agree it won't be an easy game.

Bowl games are always a toss-up and come down to a) how many guys sit out for each team, b) which coaching staff prepares a better plan, and c) which team is more motivated to practice hard for a month for an exhibition game. Without doing a deep dive on WVU, I'll predict a Gophers win as PJ has shown he knows how to get a team ready for a bowl game.

I'm still pi$$ed about the placement though, lol :cool:

They beat one team with a winning record and another that finished 6-6. They edged out Kansas in the final week to get bowl eligible. They do play in a legit conference and lost some close games, so I agree it won't be an easy game.

Bowl games are always a toss-up and come down to a) how many guys sit out for each team, b) which coaching staff prepares a better plan, and c) which team is more motivated to practice hard for a month for an exhibition game. Without doing a deep dive on WVU, I'll predict a Gophers win as PJ has shown he knows how to get a team ready for a bowl game.

I'm still pi$$ed about the placement though, lol :cool:
Would you be more excited for 6-6 Va tech, 7-5 Tennessee, or 8-4 Arizona state

To me I would probably say
1) Tennessee
2) west virginia
3) Va tech
4) Arizona state

Seems like offensively they may struggle against us, just based off the scores they put up. It does oddly appear this year that the big12 has become more of a defensive conference.

Would you be more excited for 6-6 Va tech, 7-5 Tennessee, or 8-4 Arizona state

To me I would probably say
1) Tennessee
2) west virginia
3) Va tech
4) Arizona state
National perception would be much higher with a win over Tennessee or ASU in my opinion...so that's how I'd rank them. NOt saying they're the best teams, but it would do more for the program and perhaps vault MN into the final rankings which is a nice recruiting point. WVU is a better team than VT, so I'd put them 3rd.

Arizona state just completely bores me

I bet heavy on the Gophers at -4

I bet heavy on the Gophers at -4
I just can't bet on a bowl game before I know who's playing. If Mafe, Otomewo, Faalele, Andries, Durr, JMS and whoever else opts out, MN might still win (we've seen it in 2016), but I wouldn't put money on it. But I appreciate your confidence and definitely think MN wins by 10+ at full strength.

Top Bottom