Motorcycycle Talk

OldBob53

Reaction score
Some of you must own or consider owning one, so maybe this will work. Im in the "considering" stage.

Last edited:

Thats the one Im interested in.., mainly on roads with its so called optional rally seat which adds 1.6 inches of seat height to allow comfortable upright riding. Im 6'1

Thats the one Im interested in.., mainly on roads with its so called optional rally seat which adds 1.6 inches of seat height to allow comfortable upright riding. Im 6'1
Aren't your cycle days in the rearview OLDBob?

Does anyone ride a motorcycle crosscountry on freeways and stuff, around big cities? Its like NASCAR time at rush hour around the cities and theres no where to go, no progress to be made, people driving like maniacs..

And then Thunderstorms, what about those?

One slip and u get a fake hip. Just dont
Well hip protectors are everywhere online as are even more crucial spine protectors--all the way up to the helmet's reach. But dam, I drove my SUV the southern route on U.S. 70 from Charles Town, WV to near just west of Mpls. 1200 miles and I only contended with Columbus, Indianapolis, Dayton and and a couple smaller towns in Iowa -- Iowa City.

And traffic around cities was survival of the fittest, at least at rush hours. No where to go. Everything blocked. Still weaving and jockeying for position right off your bumper. If Id had a Triumph Tiger 900 Rally Pro I maybe could have taken to the medians, the ditches, or the bean fields... and been a lot safer. So Im hitting the pause button on thoughts about cross country motorcycle travel.

Then there was a Thunderstorm in Indiania that went for a good 40-50 miles as furious as Ive ever seen. No Thank You unless theres an overpass I can shelter under for 40 minutes.

Last edited:

Definitely yes, and whitish to reflect the summer sun. Black is a heat sink.

No, visor down for me and polycarbonate to deflect road debris that comes flying up. Motorcycling can be very dangerous but less so if you stay out of dangerous situations, like rush hour traffic where there's no escape routes except possibly splitting lanes. And thunderstorms.

OH, and the damn motorcycle horns are about like those mounted on a kids tricycle. There's got to be some aftermarket ones with some blast to them.

Last edited:

Top Bottom