Most Memorable Cover Performances

If you have seen any of the 70s movies where individuals rebel against a soul sucking collective--Soylent Green, Logan's Run, Planet of the Apes--you get the gist of Anthem. Without Rand's usual desert dry prose.
I'm a fan of hers, but have only read Atlas and Fountainhead. I don't see too much 2112 in those books.

Oh to be a fly on the wall to see this...source--
Roseville Patch

RUSH' has the honor of being the band that opened for 'KISS' more than any other band in the 70s, it has be inferred that Peter Criss & Peart and Ace Frehley & Lifeson and Paul Stanley & Lee became really good friends on the road in 1975. The band releases the 3rd and their least successful LP 'Caress Of Steel' on 24 Sep 1975, in my opinion the 1st 3 songs are the best "Bastille Day" "Lakeside Park" & "I Think I'm Going Bald" with a mini epic "Necromancer" & all of side 2 being a concept story. I heard a road tour story that I asked Paul Stanley about in Dec'82 and Paul confirmed On the very last show of RUSH opening for KISS, RUSH came out in KISS makeup and played "Rock & Roll All Nite" so Gene & Paul, threw cream pies at Geddy & Alex (a photo exists of this). During KISS' set Geddy dressed like a Native American Indian with toy headdress & toy bow & arrows shooting the toy arrows at the 3 members in front, Alex let loose a bag of marbles across the stage, one might think harmless, Paul stated "Not to 3 guys in 7" platform shoes"

*Puts on Nerd Glasses*
By Tor and The Snow Dog came about because of a party Rush was at. There were two dogs there. One was a friendly dog with white fur and the other was a black dog that wasn't dealing well with being in crowd and nipped at some people. Rush's manager drunkenly gave them the nicknames and Peart delivered those awesomely ridiculous lyrics.
Also, Anthem is the Rush song that's basically the book Anthem. ?

Oh to be a fly on the wall to see this...source--
Roseville Patch

RUSH' has the honor of being the band that opened for 'KISS' more than any other band in the 70s, it has be inferred that Peter Criss & Peart and Ace Frehley & Lifeson and Paul Stanley & Lee became really good friends on the road in 1975. The band releases the 3rd and their least successful LP 'Caress Of Steel' on 24 Sep 1975, in my opinion the 1st 3 songs are the best "Bastille Day" "Lakeside Park" & "I Think I'm Going Bald" with a mini epic "Necromancer" & all of side 2 being a concept story. I heard a road tour story that I asked Paul Stanley about in Dec'82 and Paul confirmed On the very last show of RUSH opening for KISS, RUSH came out in KISS makeup and played "Rock & Roll All Nite" so Gene & Paul, threw cream pies at Geddy & Alex (a photo exists of this). During KISS' set Geddy dressed like a Native American Indian with toy headdress & toy bow & arrows shooting the toy arrows at the 3 members in front, Alex let loose a bag of marbles across the stage, one might think harmless, Paul stated "Not to 3 guys in 7" platform shoes"
That's great! I had never heard those stories. I know Peter and Ace were buddies with Rush, but the two groups could not be more different, even though I loved them both as a kid.

*Puts on Nerd Glasses*
By Tor and The Snow Dog came about because of a party Rush was at. There were two dogs there. One was a friendly dog with white fur and the other was a black dog that wasn't dealing well with being in crowd and nipped at some people. Rush's manager drunkenly gave them the nicknames and Peart delivered those awesomely ridiculous lyrics.
Also, Anthem is the Rush song that's basically the book Anthem. ?
for sure, but I think they dedicated the album 2112 to Rand, and her book Anthem, even though the song Anthem is on a different album.

I'm going to keep attending Pert Near Sandstone shows until I see them perform this.

Top Bottom