Morgan and Ibrahim - Career Records Tracking

Everybody knows the ball is going to Mo and for the 16th straight time they couldn't stop him from gaining 100 yards. Truly an amazing streak, especially when you factor in the injury he came back from.

Also considering the offensive line blocking(some are, most aren’t) for him. Yes, it is amazing. Put him behind the Mich. line, you are looking at 2000 yds.

Mo needs 562 yards to take the all-time record for total rushing yards.

assuming the Gophers qualify for a bowl game - AND Mo plays in the bowl game, he needs just over 112 yards per game to break the record.

If, for some reason the Gophers do not play in a bowl game - OR Mo sits out the bowl game, he will need 140.5 yards per game to break the record.

Nebraska stats added. Looking more and more like Mo might catch DT's yardage record if he is able to play in all 4 remaining games.

Tough to say what happens with Morgan at this point.

I think Mo gets the record. Also think Tanner is done.

He had a great 2019 season. Best ever for a gopher QB.

Thanks to the info Swingman posted I have added some additional record watch lists to the OP. Mo has a chance to end up in the top spot in a number a places. Really a testament to how great a back he has been. Imagine if he didn't take a back seat to Smith and Brooks for one year.

Mo with a huge jump up the single season rushing board all the way from 23rd to 11th with his 178 and 3 TD performace against Northwestern.

Unfortunately Mo's unreal performance against Iowa came in a losing effort. In the process he moved past Thompson into the top spot in career rushing yards, moved into 2nd in total yards, moved into second in single season rushing yards, took over the top spot for single season rushing TD, and tied the top spot for single season total TD.

Mo is now roughly 100 yards from the single season rushing record.

Are we counting td passes thrown to the other team? Cuz then Leidballs might be the clubhouse leader. I kid, I kid.

The Gophersports website says that Thompson had 4,654 career rushing yards. Mo still needs 128 yards to pass DT - and 103 to pass Cobb for the single-season record.

Figured it out. I was using Sports Reference and in the past bowl game stats were not counted towards career stats in college football so they don't have Thompson's 136 yards in the Liberty bowl listed.

So I guess Mo still has a little work to do in order to get to the all-time top spot in rushing yards. Will adjust the main post to reflect those yards.

Figured it out. I was using Sports Reference and in the past bowl game stats were not counted towards career stats in college football so they don't have Thompson's 136 yards in the Liberty bowl listed.

So I guess Mo still has a little work to do in order to get to the all-time top spot in rushing yards. Will adjust the main post to reflect those yards.

I was wondering why there hadn't been any mention of Mo breaking that record in any of the post-game stuff, but yeah that makes sense. Looking forward to seeing him break it against the Badgers!

I was wondering why there hadn't been any mention of Mo breaking that record in any of the post-game stuff, but yeah that makes sense. Looking forward to seeing him break it against the Badgers!
Yeah, I thought it was kind of strange as well but chalked it up to how the game ended overshadowing the accomplishment. little surprised that hasn't been adjusted on sites like sports reference, guess I don't know if those stats officially count for the older guys now or if those are still not factored into career yards.

100 yard game streak finally ends. And in a rare game, Mo didn't find the endzone. But we are leaving Madison with the Axe and I can guarantee Mo could care less that his streak is over.

Still a little short of taking over the top spot in nearly all categories. If he plays in the bowl game he should get enough yards to get it done.

100 yard game streak finally ends. And in a rare game, Mo didn't find the endzone. But we are leaving Madison with the Axe and I can guarantee Mo could care less that his streak is over.

Still a little short of taking over the top spot in nearly all categories. If he plays in the bowl game he should get enough yards to get it done.
It helps that by selling out to stop Mo, Wisc had to effectively sacrifice the whole game.

Final update posted. Ibrahim finishes off the Single Season TD and Yardage records and also takes over the top all time rushing spot. Fell a little short of Thompson's rushing/receiving yards but still a heck of a career.

Morgan adds a few more stats to his totals as well. Awesome to see him get out there one more time, just unfortunate Athan had to get hurt for it to happen.

Top Bottom