Career Passing Yards

Weber - 10,917
Morgan - 9,454

Career Passing TDs
Weber - 72
Morgan - 65

Last edited:

Rushing - chasing down Thompson

Obviously his health is a concern but reports coming out of camp have been great. If Mo can have a healthy 2022 season he could challenge the top spot in yards and TDs. And while he has benefitted from having the ability to use the extra year, he has not benefitted from that in terms of total games played. Mo has played in 28 games to this point in his college career and the man he is chasing, Darrell Thompson, logged 44 games at the U.

Career Rushing Yards
Thompson - 4,518
Ibrahim - 3,003
Mo needs 1,516 yards to take the top spot

Career Rushing TDs
Thompson - 40
Ibrahim - 33
Mo needs 8 TD to take over the top spot

If he stays healthy in 2022 I don't see anyway Mo does not shatter the TD record. Tough to say if he will get enough yards to catch Thompson.

Passing - in pursuit of Weber

Morgan does get a bit more benefit from the extra Covid year than Mo as to this point he has logged 39 starts over the 4 years he has played. That said, Weber played in 50 games (most of those starts), so Morgan will get more games with a full season but not by a ridiculous amount.

Career Passing Yards
Weber - 10,917
Morgan - 8,072
Morgan needs 2,846 yards to take the top spot

Career Passing TDs
Weber - 72
Morgan - 56
Morgan needs 17 to take the top spot.

Will try to update this thread after each game during the 2022 season.

Thanks for doing this!

Morgan break the TD passes record I believe but will need a better than expected year to pass Weber for yards!
Yeah, with full seasons of health I think both career TD records fall. Yardage in both cases will be much tougher and require great years from both in order to reach those totals. If they both get there I would say we are probably looking at a special season.

If they both do it in yards amd TDs, it likey means a fantastic season.

Especially considering they slightly work against one another in The process.

Health permitting, I believe three out of four of these records will fall.

Remember in Weber's first season seeing him do 3 pass completions on multiple series that ended up as 3-and-outs. Basically the D giving that first 5 yards off the line as take it. Two yards plus 3 yards plus 2 yards was then and is not now a first down. Liked him over his career but he was really subject to offensive system abuse at QB.

Health permitting, I believe three out of four of these records will fall.
Which yardage record do you think doesn't fall?

Morgan has thrown for over 3,000 yards in a single season. Mo has never gone over 1,200 yards in a single season. But I bet most would give Mo a better shot of getting 1,500 than they would Morgan throwing for 2,800 coming off the last 2 seasons.

Going to fun to watch, hopefully both have healthy seasons and can make a run at the all-time records. Career marks are so dependent on flashing early and staying healthy.

Which yardage record do you think doesn't fall?

Morgan has thrown for over 3,000 yards in a single season. Mo has never gone over 1,200 yards in a single season. But I bet most would give Mo a better shot of getting 1,500 than they would Morgan throwing for 2,800 coming off the last 2 seasons.

Going to fun to watch, hopefully both have healthy seasons and can make a run at the all-time records. Career marks are so dependent on flashing early and staying healthy.
Other side of that coin is that Mo's carries will likely be held down by caution and looking ahead to November gauntlet. I expect Potts to get lots of carries and Williams some, especially in first eight games.

As for Tanner, the last two seasons are no more predictive than a Fed projection on inflation. In both cases throw it out. Joe Montana would have mundane stats in a Sanford offense.

Remember in Weber's first season seeing him do 3 pass completions on multiple series that ended up as 3-and-outs. Basically the D giving that first 5 yards off the line as take it. Two yards plus 3 yards plus 2 yards was then and is not now a first down. Liked him over his career but he was really subject to offensive system abuse at QB.
Is there a bigger question mark in Gopher football history than how Weber would have done under a more stable coaching staff?

Is there a bigger question mark in Gopher football history than how Weber would have done under a more stable coaching staff?
It would be interesting to know what Weber could have done with the 2019 Gopher offense.

But honestly with Weber the most shocking thing was how consistent he was considering how much he got jerked around with the revolving door OC run we were on during those years. I don't know how much higher his ceiling would have been in a more stable system but he probably dealt with the adversity he faced better than most players would have.

Felt really bad for him during the Jedd Fisch year because Fisch had 1,000,000 ideas and no clue how to implement them at the college level. It was a mess. Brew made a lot of mistakes but one of his biggest was passing on Jeff Horton and going with Jedd Fisch at the OC position.

It would be interesting to know what Weber could have done with the 2019 Gopher offense.

But honestly with Weber the most shocking thing was how consistent he was considering how much he got jerked around with the revolving door OC run we were on during those years. I don't know how much higher his ceiling would have been in a more stable system but he probably dealt with the adversity he faced better than most players would have.

Felt really bad for him during the Jedd Fisch year because Fisch had 1,000,000 ideas and no clue how to implement them at the college level. It was a mess. Brew made a lot of mistakes but one of his biggest was passing on Jeff Horton and going with Jedd Fisch at the OC position.
The Portal would have been kind to Weber for sure...

Game 1

Morgan - 174 yards - 0 passing TD
Ibrahim - 132 yards - 2 rushing TD

Will update the first post with the new totals needed to get the career marks.

Going to assume Mo and Morgan are done for the day....

Morgan - 14 for 18 - 287 and 1 TD
Ibrahim - 23 carries - 130 yards and 2 TD

Game 3

Morgan - 11 for 16 - 157 yards - 3 TD
Ibrahim - 23 carries - 202 yards - 3 TD

MSU stats are added. Mo keeps the 100 yard game streak alive and takes over top spot in career TDs. Morgan has a great game and appears to be on pace to pass Weber's career TD mark. Great game for both against the Spartans.

Morgan should be able to get the TD record at this rate. 6 TDs last 2 games. Passing game is looking good again

I believe TM2 is still 20 INTs behind AW8 😳

Illinois stats added. Go day for Mo, not so much for Morgan. Mo has 6 (hopefully 7) games left to catch Thompson yardage mark, going to be close but he could make it if he stays healthy.

Illinois stats added. Go day for Mo, not so much for Morgan. Mo has 6 (hopefully 7) games left to catch Thompson yardage mark, going to be close but he could make it if he stays healthy.
Morgan ain’t getting there. Mo will all depend on his usage against the likes of NW and Rutgers and staying healthy. He should get there I’d guess

Gophers running back Mohamed Ibrahim rushed for 127 yards, extending his streak of 100-yard games to 14. That's the longest active streak in FBS.

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom