More people following Lynx finals than Gopher game this weekend

Gee, I guess they forgot to ask the WCCO listeners about the St. Thomas game...........

I don't believe this poll. Only 3% seperates the Vikings and the Lynx? Also Twins 41%. I know they could make the playoffs. Far more people will be watching or "following" the Vikings game then the Lynx.

Star Tribune poll asks readers which local sports story they will follow the most this weekend. As of now, Twins lead with 41%, Vikes with 23%, Lynx at 20%, Gopher football at 13% and Gopher women's hockey at 2% http://www.startribune.com/poll-whi...lts=true&mr=1&oid=5&pid=330229771&cid=8500397

Strib polls are certainly not an example of scientific polling. Any reader can click on it. If you've ever read the "comments section" of star tribune.com, Lord help us if that's a representable sample of the state ;)

Strib polls are certainly not an example of scientific polling. Any reader can click on it. If you've ever read the "comments section" of star tribune.com, Lord help us if that's a representable sample of the state ;)

Yeah thats what I mean. Far from scientific.

Obviously huge Twins weekend. Football fans would split the Vikes/Gophers vote (in Vikes favor). Non sports fans would vote Lynx.

Big Bang Theory is the most watched comedy - there's no accounting for taste when it comes to the general public. Good for the Lynx, though, I'm not trying to hate on them...go get it!

The poll allows voting for only one team. Mainstream sports teams are likely splitting the votes while the Lynx have their niche.

The poll allows voting for only one team. Mainstream sports teams are likely splitting the votes while the Lynx have their niche.

My first thought as well.

I always wonder why they even run those polls. They're stupid and totally useless.

Fill space I guess.

Star Tribune poll asks readers which local sports story they will follow the most this weekend. As of now, Twins lead with 41%, Vikes with 23%, Lynx at 20%, Gopher football at 13% and Gopher women's hockey at 2% http://www.startribune.com/poll-whi...lts=true&mr=1&oid=5&pid=330229771&cid=8500397

They should be. Local team in the finals for the 4th time in 5 years, chance for a 3rd title and maybe the best female player ever to play the sport on our team. Not a bad story and certainly more interesting than our mediocre start to the football season.

They should be. Local team in the finals for the 4th time in 5 years, chance for a 3rd title and maybe the best female player ever to play the sport on our team. Not a bad story and certainly more interesting than our mediocre start to the football season.

It's women's basketball. Who gives a sht what they have or have not accomplished.

Vikes and Gophers are on the road. Twins and Lynx are home and both playing for something other than a regular season game.
I think that factors in the responses to the poll, the fact that more of there fans are responding to the poll rather than football fans. I don't think this poll is an accurate reflection of interest, it is heavily influenced by the res-ponders and the excitement or interest levels of each teams in what they are doing.

A lot of football fans probably didn't even notice the poll let alone vote in it. Pretty pumped for the local teams although I will be at Twins game Sunday with my Nephew for his first baseball game, and missing out on the Vikes game at least the first half.

Not sure how accurate this is...I only know one person who watches or follows the Lynx. And maybe a few more who watch the Twins. I agree it's a big weekend for them, though. It will be a football weekend for me!

:confused:

No kidding. The Lynx have a chance to prove they are the best out of 12 teams in the country! Get on board folks.

Personally I like watching women. Guessing you don't swing that way.

That is correct. I've got much better things to do with women than to be watching them, especially watching them play basketball.

Yeah everyone is talking Lynx. The buzz is everywhere. lol Truth be told the poll is bogus. I believe if they could they would try to spin the Lynx to number one. Nothing against the Lynx but three points seperate them and the Vikes versus Peyton Manning game. Give me a break and a majority of sports are vegans as well. Truth be told Vikes are probably still one with Twins a close second and then Gophers. I mean the Lynx give thousands of tickets away or sell them for a few bucks ,wonder why?

Adjust the medication.

That is correct. I've got much better things to do with women than to be watching them, especially watching them play basketball.

Thank goodness I have the Lynx left to save my sports watching weekend.

The Lynx would have put up at least as many points against Northwestern as our offense did today.

They lost every single game this weekend. Every. Single. Game. The state of Minnesota went 0 and f'ing 6. The Vikings, despite being the biggest underdogs of the weekend put on the best performance among the four teams in action.

They lost every single game this weekend. Every. Single. Game. The state of Minnesota went 0 and f'ing 6. The Vikings, despite being the biggest underdogs of the weekend put on the best performance among the four teams in action.

Unfortunately this isn't that uncommon.

Not being sarcastic, I thought the big volleyball win over #7 Illinois was pretty awesome.

Top Bottom