More death. Ronnie Spector dead at the age of 78.

short ornery norwegian

Reaction score
Veronica 'Ronnie' Spector was the lead singer of one of the greatest "girl groups" of the 60's, the Ronettes.

working with her future husband, Phil Spector, the Ronettes turned out a string of classic songs including "Be My Baby," "Baby, I Love You," and "Walking in the Rain."

Later in life, she did a duet with Eddie Money ("Take Me Home Tonight"), recorded songs written by Billy Joel and Brian Wilson, and worked with Steve Van Zandt of the E Street Band.

Here's a great quote from her auto-biography:

"We weren't afraid to be hot. That was our gimmick," Spector said in her memoir. "When we saw The Shirelles walk on stage with their wide party dresses, we went in the opposite direction and squeezed our bodies into the tightest skirts we could find. Then we'd get out on stage and hike them up to show our legs even more."

Simply love this cover of Johnny Thunders with Joey Ramone on back up vocals. Sadly appropriate now. RIP to them all.

Shoot, this news hurts.

On New Years Eve I heard the Eddie Money song on the radio, so I had to look up the video when I got home.

Simply love this cover of Johnny Thunders with Joey Ramone on back up vocals. Sadly appropriate now. RIP to them all.

I used this song title as my "quote of the day" yesterday at work. Weird...

Spector's distinctive vocal style inspired countless singers, and even as the '60's came to a close, her solo career continued. After surviving an abusive marriage, she collaborated with Steven Van Zandt of Bruce Springsteen's E Street Band, Southside Johnny, Eddie Money, Misfits, Patti Smith, Keith Richards and more.

Following the news of Spector's death, an outpouring of condolences appeared online from musicians and friends. You can read reactions from some of rock's biggest names below.

Read More: Ronnie Spector Dies: Rockers React | https://ultimateclassicrock.com/ron...4pnvuo&utm_source=tsmclip&utm_medium=referral

The Ronettes version of Frosty the Snowman is hands down my favorite, going back to listening to it on 8track.

Top Bottom