More Class of 2013 Offers

vames

Reaction score
Eden Prairie LB Jack Cottrell picked up an offer from Boston College. Malik Rucker picked up another FBS offer from Wyoming.

Eden Prairie LB Jack Cottrell picked up an offer from Boston College. Malik Rucker picked up another FBS offer from Wyoming.
Offering Jack seems like a no-brainer. We need linebackers, and he's a clear Big Ten quality prospect.

When are they going to offer Malik Rucker? He is a good player and wants to come here. He is getting a lot of offers but said MN has not offered yet.

Offering Jack seems like a no-brainer. We need linebackers, and he's a clear Big Ten quality prospect.

Yeah, Jack Cottrell will get an offer (I think it's a sure thing). He is a really good LB, I thought he was the best player on last years defense and unlike Michaelson, there are no questions about his size. Cottrell is a big kid and definitely has the frame to play MLB at the college level.

I think him and Wipson (Wayzata) will both end up with offers sooner rather than later.

When are they going to offer Malik Rucker? He is a good player and wants to come here. He is getting a lot of offers but said MN has not offered yet.
He wants an offer; he didn't say he would commit if given one (even though the question was specifically asked to him). There's a big difference, and people need to recognize that.

Does it seem like they are sending out local offers later than they did last year? Or is that just my perception?

They've only offered two players in Minnesota so far, Onwualu and Brookins. This is going to most likely be a small class and there won't be many to go around.

They've only offered two players in Minnesota so far, Onwualu and Brookins. This is going to most likely be a small class and there won't be many to go around.

Agreed. Last year they were able to sign players that might have gone to smaller FBS schools or even FCS schools. This year's signings will have to be calculated. As far as in state players go, last year at this time there were 5-6 players from MN ALONE who had U of MN scholarship offers (Nelson, Mcdonald, Pirsig, Hayes, Williams, W. Johnson). For 2013, the Gophers may only sign 6 guys from MN...

I believe more guys will transfer, thus allotting the squad more scholarships. Nonetheless, this should be interesting.

Gopherprof said:
He wants an offer; he didn't say he would commit if given one (even though the question was specifically asked to him). There's a big difference, and people need to recognize that.
What's your point? Every player that commits can change their mind. If he wants an offer, is a solid player and is saying he want to come here - offer up! He will be a Top 10 in state.

What's your point? Every player that commits can change their mind. If he wants an offer, is a solid player and is saying he want to come here - offer up! He will be a Top 10 in state.

What is the rush? Signing day is a year away. He didn't say he wants to come to here.

My point is that you said something false, so I corrected you so that everyone else didn't also believe said falsity.

I'm glad that he wants an offer; I would hope that every player from Minnesota would also want one (though sometimes that's probably not the case). But, he was asked if he would commit if given a Minnesota offer and he said "I don't know." I don't blame him for saying that, but it's a far cry from "he wants to be here." At least at this point it is.

But, with all that said, I care far more if Kill wants him to be here.

Gopherprof said:
My point is that you said something false, so I corrected you so that everyone else didn't also believe said falsity.

I'm glad that he wants an offer; I would hope that every player from Minnesota would also want one (though sometimes that's probably not the case). But, he was asked if he would commit if given a Minnesota offer and he said "I don't know." I don't blame him for saying that, but it's a far cry from "he wants to be here." At least at this point it is.

But, with all that said, I care far more if Kill wants him to be here.
He said he wants to come here! I believe it was in an interview with one of the GI guys.

Actually he did.
If he did then find it and show the link. Closest I saw was "It would be a blessing to play there" but he could say that about every school that offers a scholarship. You always say "He said ______" but never provide proof. Provide proof.

zambam said:
If he did then find it and show the link. Closest I saw was "It would be a blessing to play there" but he could say that about every school that offers a scholarship. You always say "He said ______" but never provide proof. Provide proof.
LOL ok I will look through all the GI stuff to find it - but now that you gave another quote from him I even missed "it would be a blessing to play here"...seriously! What does that tell you? Is that not even close enough for you to "I want to play there"? Do you know even what a blessing is? Come on, must you argue over apples and oranges? He wants to come here!!!!!! Give the kid an offer - he's Top 10 in MN.

LOL ok I will look through all the GI stuff to find it - but now that you gave another quote from him I even missed "it would be a blessing to play here"...seriously! What does that tell you? Is that not even close enough for you to "I want to play there"? Do you know even what a blessing is? Come on, must you argue over apples and oranges? He wants to come here!!!!!! Give the kid an offer - he's Top 10 in MN.

This year top 10 in Minnesota isn't good enough for an offer. I'm not saying that he isn't good enough for an offer because obviously he is, but perhaps the coaches want to feel out some other more elite prospects before they put forth an offer to Rucker. He sounds like he really likes the U, so if we offer 3-4 months from now we still stand a good chance at landing him. Obviously the odds decrease, but it's a gamble they pay by still looking around at others. Maybe you disagree with the idea but that's just like, your opinion man.

Top Bottom