Montrell Wade

This is just a tragic situation all around and is yet the latest example of why we have to do whatever we can to keep guns off the streets. The sad thing is that two lives could be ruined by what happened (Montrell's and his little brother's - the shooter).

shooting.....

Can anybody please explain to me how in the hell these kids get these guns? Who the dealers are and what is being done to get them off the streets?:confused:

It's impossible to get them off the street when the Governor has legalized them.

Can anybody please explain to me how in the hell these kids get these guns? Who the dealers are and what is being done to get them off the streets?:confused:

Buying pistols is easier than drugs...well about the same cuz the same drug guy was also the pistol guy.

Anyone Can Get a Gun Anywhere

It's impossible to get them off the street when the Governor has legalized them.

I have lived in countries and in US states where they have tough gun laws. It makes no difference. You really want a gun, you can get a gun. If there is a demand for something, someone will find a way to deliver it. Drugs, weapons, bombs, software, military secrets, industrial secrets, etc., etc. Sub-cultures and people need to change to stop this stuff.

Since when did making drugs illegal keep them off the street? Speeding kills people and is illegal too...so nobody speeds anymore, right??

Sorry to participate on something so off topic, but people that think laws solve problems need to look around with eyes open...

I hope and pray for the best for the young Mr. Wade and his family...

Where do you guys buy your drugs?

So...not to pull this from important conversation, but how is the kid doing?

From what I have heard he is intensive care, I have also heard the gun was perfectly legal and registered to the owner and at the owners legal residence.

Unfortunately the owner of the gun (Montrell's uncle?) stepped out and the gun was found by the boys and while being played with went off.

Funny how we never hear of some home owner protecting his family by pulling out his gun, it's always some accidental shooting. I could be wrong...but IMO it doesn't seem having a gun in the home is a good ideal.:confused:

I should sure as hell hope so. Especially since guns are, you know, legal and all.

Guns don't kill people. Idiots pulling the trigger do.

Personally, I'm a lot more worried about some kid with a gun in his hand than a kid with a joint in his hand.

I have lived in countries and in US states where they have tough gun laws. It makes no difference. You really want a gun, you can get a gun. If there is a demand for something, someone will find a way to deliver it. Drugs, weapons, bombs, software, military secrets, industrial secrets, etc., etc. Sub-cultures and people need to change to stop this stuff.

I guess that explains England's high homicide rate.

From what I have heard he is intensive care, I have also heard the gun was perfectly legal and registered to the owner and at the owners legal residence.

Unfortunately the owner of the gun (Montrell's uncle?) stepped out and the gun was found by the boys and while being played with went off.

Funny how we never hear of some home owner protecting his family by pulling out his gun, it's always some accidental shooting. I could be wrong...but IMO it doesn't seem having a gun in the home is a good ideal.:confused:

It may or may not be a good idea to have a gun in the home but it is up to the owner to store it in a secure manner that will keep it out of the hands of kids. I have a couple guns that I keep locked up, unloaded with trigger guards and separate from ammunition. I'm not at all nervous about having them in the house because there is virtually no way that my kids could get their hands on my guns and fire them. Once my kids get older (and more wily) I may feel differently about it but the bottom line it that it is up to each gun owner to store their guns responsibly. Kitchen knives and other household items can also be dangerous if left in a place where minors can access them.

Lets hope this young man can pull through. That is way too young of an age to die.

It may or may not be a good idea to have a gun in the home but it is up to the owner to store it in a secure manner that will keep it out of the hands of kids. I have a couple guns that I keep locked up, unloaded with trigger guards and separate from ammunition. I'm not at all nervous about having them in the house because there is virtually no way that my kids could get their hands on my guns and fire them. Once my kids get older (and more wily) I may feel differently about it but the bottom line it that it is up to each gun owner to store their guns responsibly. Kitchen knives and other household items can also be dangerous if left in a place where minors can access them.

Lets hope this young man can pull through. That is way too young of an age to die.

I can't disagree with you about it being the responsibility of the gun owner to safely store the gun. I used to own a 40 caliber smith and wesson along with a 50 caliber desert eagle (So what, I have small feet!). The way I stored them I figured by the time I went downstairs to get the keys off my car key ring which I left on the table by the front door. Went back up stairs and into the back of the closet in my bedroom, opened the gun case, removed the trigger lock, loaded a clip and then but the clip in the gun, it was quicker to just beat the burglar with the gun case or the bat I now keep under my bed in lieu of guns!

FYI, I sold both guns to a co-worker who felt he needed protection at his cabin....you guessed it, he forgot them at the cabin and someone broke in and stole them. Boy it would sure be ironic if I got robbed by one of my old guns!

Someone else was stabbed to death a few days ago. Too bad it's been impossible to get knives off the street since Gov. Pawlenty has legalized them.:rolleyes:

Protection at the cabin? so long to my mental picture of care free cabin living on long summer days.

Protection at the cabin? so long to my mental picture of care free cabin living on long summer days.

I don't understand why you don't just keep a shotgun if you want protection at a cabin. Sure you might get robbed. But you're far more likely to need it to shoot the skunk that got it's head stuck in a soup can in your garbage and is now running around spraying everything in sight. The shotgun will help you out in either case.

It all comes down to individual responsibility, something our country has lost. Its always somebody else's fault!

+ 1 Billion

After taxes of course that + 1 Billion turns into +.00001 Billion... The gov is bound and determined to force everyone into being dependent on it...

Sorry for the digression...

Top Bottom