Monson's LBSU team gets annihilated112-66 against Baylor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baylor wanted to make a statement on not being picked to play in the Big Dance.

Wow that is a pasting. Probably a little uncalled for.....to run it up that bad.

Is that the same score as the Clemson-MN game (Monson's last)? Never mind. There's no way our squad scored 66 points that day. More like 36.

I was at the game. It felt like 112-12.

I was there as well, and have never before or since seen the Barn that empty. I remember remarking to my friend during the game that there was no way Monson could carry on after that.

Monson is right where he should be. He walks out the door at LBS and he can recruit in a 6 block area.

Monson is right where he should be. He walks out the door at LBS and he can recruit in a 6 block area.

Interesting, given that slightly more than half of his listed roster (10/17) is even from the state of California, and of those 10, only 5 went to HS within 50 miles of campus, and only one closer than 10 miles.

Interesting, given that slightly more than half of his listed roster (10/17) is even from the state of California, and of those 10, only 5 went to HS within 50 miles of campus, and only one closer than 10 miles.

Long Beach isn't the same draw as Westwood, SC, or even Montezuma Mesa.

Well Dippy, I guess he can't recruit very well 6 blocks from campus. I've spent time in the Long Beach area and there's honey pot of recruits in and around Long Beach.

Well Dippy, I guess he can't recruit very well 6 blocks from campus. I've spent time in the Long Beach area and there's honey pot of recruits in and around Long Beach.

Name-calling makes your "points" better. You're so well-traveled and worldly. The fact remains that Monson doesn't recruit very much from the Long Beach area, regardless of what you say.

Name-calling makes your "points" better. You're so well-traveled and worldly. The fact remains that Monson doesn't recruit very much from the Long Beach area, regardless of what you say.

I said he "can" recruit from a 6 block area. I didn't say he did. You're so busy trying to make a point on your behalf you NEVER read anything through.

I said he "can" recruit from a 6 block area. I didn't say he did. You're so busy trying to make a point on your behalf you NEVER read anything through.

If he could, he would. I'm sure you know more about how to get the best possible players for Long Beach's roster than Dan Monson, though. This is the same argument as "Maryland is a Top 10 job because of all the good players nearby." As I said then - your proximity to good players doesn't matter if you can't get the players. Most of the players near LBSU end up going to much better schools, so their proximity is moot. I'm sure you thought about that before posting, though.

If he could, he would. I'm sure you know more about how to get the best possible players for Long Beach's roster than Dan Monson, though. This is the same argument as "Maryland is a Top 10 job because of all the good players nearby." As I said then - your proximity to good players doesn't matter if you can't get the players. Most of the players near LBSU end up going to much better schools, so their proximity is moot. I'm sure you thought about that before posting, though.

Do you always put a spin doctor on a general point of information just so you can turn a mountain into a mole hill? Here, spin this.You know absolutely nothing about basketball so you make asinine
statements just to get into a pissing contest You are now on my ignore list. Congrats,
you are the first one I've ever done this too.

Do you always put a spin doctor on a general point of information just so you can turn a mountain into a mole hill? Here, spin this.You know absolutely nothing about basketball so you make asinine
statements just to get into a pissing contest You are now on my ignore list. Congrats,
you are the first one I've ever done this too.

Whatever you say. I guarantee I know far more about basketball than most of the posters here, and certainly much more than you. There's nothing asinine about anything I've said in this thread. If Monson were able to get players that were close, he would. It isn't rocket science. Of course, you put me on your ignore list (boo hoo, how will I go on living), so you won't see this.

(Nice carriage key abuse, by the way.)

Long Beach sucks, for real.

If I was a DI caliber player from Long Beach, I would NEVER want to stay in Long Beach.

Edit: want, not went. just to satisfy the English teachers on the board.

And I make over $1 million dollars per year!!

Congratulations on the salary. That is pretty impressive - though less so than your ability to use the quote function.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom