Monday night football - Scary

Get the f out of here with this BS. You're pathetic.
Appreciate your passion, for what you believe is the truth.

But I really doubt saying things like this is going to convince people to change their minds.

At the end of the day, if someone wants to believe something, they're likely going to believe it. We have 1A protections in this country for good reason. I'll leave it at that. Not trying to change your mind either!

Appreciate your passion, for what you believe is the truth.

But I really doubt saying things like this is going to convince people to change their minds.

At the end of the day, if someone wants to believe something, they're likely going to believe it. We have 1A protections in this country for good reason. I'll leave it at that. Not trying to change your mind either!
Even if everything in that video was 100% correct (it isn't) it would still be pathetic to bring it up here. My reaction is about being a terrible person by bringing that BS up, not about what someone believes.

Even if everything in that video was 100% correct (it isn't) it would still be pathetic to bring it up here. My reaction is about being a terrible person by bringing that BS up, not about what someone believes.
Why is it pathetic to post a video here that explains what you believe to be the cause of a heart condition, but it is not pathetic to post videos here explaining about Commotio Cordis?

Why is it pathetic to post a video here that explains what you believe to be the cause of a heart condition, but it is not pathetic to post videos here explaining about Commotio Cordis?
I am not one of those people who thinks anything should get pulled for providing false narratives. We're all grown ups. Before YouTube became the propaganda machine it is now, I watched tons of conspiracy theory documentaries. I don't think I believed any of them (I'm an Oswald was the only shooter kind of guy).

That said, there is a time and place. I think talking about 9/11 conspiracies while people are still pulling through is tacky as hell. If there was a discussion about some first responders health following 9/11 and someone shot him a video of Loose Change or Fahrenheit 9/11, they'd be jerks.

I don't think talking about the vaccine stuff in these kinds of threads is in good taste. I also don't think obsessing over the fringe people who are talking about it is in good taste. Save that stuff for your own discussion.

As to the difference between the videos, one of them is trying to make an argument (this caused that) and the other is purely informational. This is a condition that happens to people.

Regardless of where you stand on that argument, I don't think it's the time or place for it.

It's taking advantage of a terrible situation to spread propaganda. The commotio cordis video was informational.

I am not one of those people who thinks anything should get pulled for providing false narratives. We're all grown ups. Before YouTube became the propaganda machine it is now, I watched tons of conspiracy theory documentaries. I don't think I believed any of them (I'm an Oswald was the only shooter kind of guy).

That said, there is a time and place. I think talking about 9/11 conspiracies while people are still pulling through is tacky as hell. If there was a discussion about some first responders health following 9/11 and someone shot him a video of Loose Change or Fahrenheit 9/11, they'd be jerks.

I don't think talking about the vaccine stuff in these kinds of threads is in good taste. I also don't think obsessing over the fringe people who are talking about it is in good taste. Save that stuff for your own discussion.

As to the difference between the videos, one of them is trying to make an argument (this caused that) and the other is purely informational. This is a condition that happens to people.

Regardless of where you stand on that argument, I don't think it's the time or place for it.
As usual, you say it a lot better than I do.

I see.

You get to decide what is propaganda and what is information?
No, definitions determines those things. The one video was informative only. It's not trying to persuade people to view negatively towards something. He's just a straight forward "here are the facts" video.

The other was filled with verifiable lies, misleading info, etc. It's sole purpose is to get people against the vaccine. That's what propaganda is.

Pull the person out of the ocean first, then worry about how/ why the were drowning later? That is how I interpret your point. I agree with that. Time and season for everything.

Had someone bring that up to me yesterday. I just told him first of all it's too soon. Second if you hit someone in the chest at just the right milisecond, they can have major cardiac issues. In this case, the person is angry about the vaccine and blames it for everything.

Feel stupid for checking in on this thread and expecting anything else.

His gofundme has been updated.
**UPDATE: This fundraiser was initially established to support a toy drive for Damar’s community, sponsored by the Chasing M’s Foundation. However, it has received renewed support in light of Damar’s current battle and we can’t thank all of you enough. Your generosity and compassion mean the world to us.

As representatives of Damar, the team at Jaster Athletes posted the fundraiser updates and will work with the Hamlin family, The Chasing M's Foundation, and the GoFundMe team to ensure the safe delivery of funds.

Damar created The Chasing M’s Foundation to use as a vehicle to bring lasting impact to his community. The foundation supports toy drives, back-to-school drives, kids camps, and more. We're hopeful about Damar's future involvement in disbursing the incredibly generous contributions.

Its also over $6.3 million. Hopefully he is able to be involved in the disbursement of these funds

Science is questioning. When and why did people get so sensitive to questioning. It is a positively strange phenomena. Good science stands up to questioning. Bad science hates questions and forbids it. Whatever the case, everyone should be speculating about everything, if not you are just following the beat of someone pushing something on you.

I am not sure what happened to the young player (it is all speculation right now), but it is okay to ask questions. Clearly it is strange. Hopefully he recovers as best as possible and hopefully they get to the bottom of what happened to best inform and assure everyone who suits up to play the game.

One person's good taste is another's bad taste and vice versa. I personally can't stand people criticizing college kids on this thread, yet it occurs here constantly. Who should be the arbiter of taste? Basically everything offends someone these days, so if you appease to the lowest common denominator on taste, below is the discussion that would be allowed:

Science is questioning. When and why did people get so sensitive to questioning. It is a positively strange phenomena. Good science stands up to questioning. Bad science hates questions and forbids it. Whatever the case, everyone should be speculating about everything, if not you are just following the beat of someone pushing something on you.

I am not sure what happened to the young player (it is all speculation right now), but it is okay to ask questions. Clearly it is strange. Hopefully he recovers as best as possible and hopefully they get to the bottom of what happened to best inform and assure everyone who suits up to play the game.

One person's good taste is another's bad taste and vice versa. I personally can't stand people criticizing college kids on this thread, yet it occurs here constantly. Who should be the arbiter of taste? Basically everything offends someone these days, so if you appease to the lowest common denominator on taste, below is the discussion that would be allowed:

Ok, but for me, this isn't the place to question good or bad science. I'm all for those discussions, I don't think a thread regarding the player's health is really the place to question whether or not his vaccine status contributed. I'm also not following the beat of anything, you have no idea where I stand on any of these issues and you certainly wouldn't find it on this thread. There are a lot of things that are scientifically true that shouldn't be discussed at all times. I don't go up to morbidly obese people eating and tell them that they are killing themselves regardless of how true it is.

Discussion is allowed. However, that also includes critiques on the timing and place of those discussions. I didn't block anyone or try to get them removed from the thread, I simply said it is in poor taste. We all are our arbiters of taste and with open dialogue and discussion also comes critiques of those dialogues.

If someone wants to say that this happened to him because of the vaccine on this thread, go right ahead. However, people will respond by calling you an asshole. That's the price of open discussion . . . critique. And again, you can agree or disagree (like you have) with my critique.

Ok, but for me, this isn't the place to question good or bad science. I'm all for those discussions, I don't think a thread regarding the player's health is really the place to question whether or not his vaccine status contributed. I'm also not following the beat of anything, you have no idea where I stand on any of these issues and you certainly wouldn't find it on this thread. There are a lot of things that are scientifically true that shouldn't be discussed at all times. I don't go up to morbidly obese people eating and tell them that they are killing themselves regardless of how true it is.

Discussion is allowed. However, that also includes critiques on the timing and place of those discussions. I didn't block anyone or try to get them removed from the thread, I simply said it is in poor taste. We all are our arbiters of taste and with open dialogue and discussion also comes critiques of those dialogues.

If someone wants to say that this happened to him because of the vaccine on this thread, go right ahead. However, people will respond by calling you an asshole. That's the price of open discussion . . . critique. And again, you can agree or disagree (like you have) with my critique

If someone wants to say that this happened to him because of the vaccine on this thread, go right ahead. However, people will respond by calling you an asshole. That's the price of open discussion . . . critique. And again, you can agree or disagree (like you have) with my critique.

Is it okay to speculate the hit caused the injury? Is it okay to speculate genetics caused it? Everything is speculation right now. Is certain speculation okay in your opinion?

I personally am not speculating, because the only fact I have is there is a young man and family who are dealing with something very tragic.

At the same time, for those publicly speculating, it is strange to impose rules on what speculation is acceptable and what is out of bounds. Other than that, I don't think we disagree.

Last edited:

Is it okay to speculate the hit caused the injury? Is it okay to speculate genetics caused it? Everything is speculation right now. Is certain speculation okay in your opinion?

I personally am not speculating, because the only fact I have is there is a young man and family who are dealing with something very tragic.

At the same time, for those publicly speculating, it is strange to impose rules on what speculation is acceptable and what is out of bounds. Other than that, I don't thing we disagree.
All of that stuff is free to speculate about, I just think it's in poor taste to do it here in this thread. There are OT boards and threads where I, personally, think that discussion belongs. It's all okay to speculate about, I haven't and won't ever report someone or ask for someone to be banned/posts removed.

I didn't impose any rule on anyone. I am simply saying that I think it is in poor taste to discuss that in this thread. That's just my opinion and people can and will ignore it and do what they want. That's cool too. I'll think they're tacky and they'll think I suck and that's okay, that's freedom.

All of that stuff is free to speculate about, I just think it's in poor taste to do it here in this thread. There are OT boards and threads where I, personally, think that discussion belongs. It's all okay to speculate about, I haven't and won't ever report someone or ask for someone to be banned/posts removed.

I didn't impose any rule on anyone. I am simply saying that I think it is in poor taste to discuss that in this thread. That's just my opinion and people can and will ignore it and do what they want. That's cool too. I'll think they're tacky and they'll think I suck and that's okay, that's freedom.
Well stated!

No, definitions determines those things. The one video was informative only. It's not trying to persuade people to view negatively towards something. He's just a straight forward "here are the facts" video.

The other was filled with verifiable lies, misleading info, etc. It's sole purpose is to get people against the vaccine. That's what propaganda is.
It is not a fact that he suffered Commotio Cordis, though I think it makes a lot of sense. It was an opinion video starting off with a doctor saying that he thought that was the cause.

It can probably (easily?) be verified or disproven if he had blockages/blood clots in his heart blood vessels that could have caused this.

But nothing has been proven or disproven beyond a doubt yet, as far as I'm aware. So it's sad that you act like you have "facts" and are the arbiter of allowable knowledge.

All the same, I am fine with the "not here, not right after" angle. That's the real thing.

That said, I am grateful that the GopherHole is generally light on moderation and lets people speak their mind without fear of retribution. How it should be

It is not a fact that he suffered Commotio Cordis, though I think it makes a lot of sense. It was an opinion video starting off with a doctor saying that he thought that was the cause.

It can probably (easily?) be verified or disproven if he had blockages/blood clots in his heart blood vessels that could have caused this.

But nothing has been proven or disproven beyond a doubt yet, as far as I'm aware. So it's sad that you act like you have "facts" and are the arbiter of allowable knowledge.

All the same, I am fine with the "not here, not right after" angle. That's the real thing.

That said, I am grateful that the GopherHole is generally light on moderation and lets people speak their mind without fear of retribution. How it should be
You're being way too literal. I meant the condition in the video is a fact. Commotio Cordis is a real thing. Yes it's speculation that it was Commotio Cordis in this instance, but at least the speculation is based off of something: video showing a hit to the chest with a collapse seconds later.

There is no evidence of the vaccine causing this and the video itself is full of lies.

In news actually related to Hamlin it sounds like he is making steady improvement. Obviously too early to know what long term implications all of this will have but signs at least seem to be pointing towards him surviving which is the most important part.

Kudos to the paramedics on site at the game and to whoever has been involved in his care at the hospital.

edit - just saw another yahoo update that he apparently has opened his eyes and has been moving his hands and feet. Definitely great signs that he is headed in the right direction recovery wise.

Last edited:

Top Bottom