Mom admits to lying to get coach fired

The article is behind a paywall so I didn't read it. Just guessing, his legal fees for doing this probably come out to around $50,000. Another win for the lawyers.
She is in the middle of her 3rd bankruptcy, but they made the ruling so that the life insurance policy that she has to pay out of can't be nullified in bankruptcy.

If she fails to make the payments, she then gets a $350k judgement slapped on her.

But yes to your point, probably the payments will get eaten up by the lawyers.

Would assume he thinks it's worth it to get his reputation back and be able to coach again in South Washington District.

She is in the middle of her 3rd bankruptcy, but they made the ruling so that the life insurance policy that she has to pay out of can't be nullified in bankruptcy.

If she fails to make the payments, she then gets a $350k judgement slapped on her.

Would assume he thinks it's worth it to get his reputation back and be able to coach again in South Washington District.

I think that was one of the main points of the story. This coach has been turned down for other coaching jobs because - in part - of the lies this woman spread about him. Now he has something in black and white stating that the allegations are not true.

just another lovely story about parents who have no bleepin' perspective about their kids' talent level or ability.

if you have kids, just be a parent. support them, cheer for them, but let the coaches do their job.

I am seeing more coaches get out of coaching at a younger age, and believe me, parents are a big part of the reason why this is happening.

This feels like a case where the lawyers will have an almost impossible time collecting. It's really hard to collect on a judgement of this size against people (unless they are loaded).

Top Bottom