Moderately OT: Vikings doing white out game

It looked pretty awesome today!!

Did the Vikes pass out shirts?? I don't think they did. Proud of Minnesotans representing a non team color today. lol Gives me hope for future stripe outs/gold outs/etc

NFL doesn’t just let you wear whatever you want. No fun League isn’t like college
Probably would have had to clear with the NFL in the off-season, so they could have geared up with plenty of merch to sell.

Still it looked pretty good on TV today.

This would have been better.

702677---cover-thumbnail-image.jpg

I think this was the last time they won multiple play-off games in the same season.

Probably would have had to clear with the NFL in the off-season, so they could have geared up with plenty of merch to sell.

Still it looked pretty good on TV today.

This would have been better.

View attachment 22701

I think this was the last time they won multiple play-off games in the same season.
Sneaked into the playoffs that year. Players walked out and owners used scrubs the first three games putting the team in an 0-3 hole. Went 8-4 the rest of the way. Faced very good Saints and Niners teams and blew them out before going to Washington and Darren Nelson drops a sure TD.

What might have been if he catches that pass and sends the game into OT. The Broncos team Washington played in the SB was dreadful!

Sneaked into the playoffs that year. Players walked out and owners used scrubs the first three games putting the team in an 0-3 hole. Went 8-4 the rest of the way. Faced very good Saints and Niners teams and blew them out before going to Washington and Darren Nelson drops a sure TD.

What might have been if he catches that pass and sends the game into OT. The Broncos team Washington played in the SB was dreadful!
Wow! Could that REALLY have been 35 years ago. Standout memories from the Saints game- Vikes fall behind 10-0 but roar back with Carter's td punt return and Hassan Jones has a demoralizing Hail Mary td catch on the last play of the half. 49ers- Chuck Nelson has 5 field goals. Reggie Rutland has a pick six, but do not recall his new name! Redskins- Somehow, little Leo Lewis is left alone for the only Viking td. Yup- historic missed opportunity but 3 road playoff games a big hill to climb.

Last edited:

It looked good on tv, a little mixed but for a first try very successful.

hv11gag7dy7a1.jpg

I'll be there with my family, wearing a white visanthe shiancoe jersey.
Should be a good game, NFC East has our number though.
I bought a white game used jersey , #61 , to coincide with the year the Vikings started in MN. Like my purple better but it was fun 2 wear the vintage jersey. Skol !

It looked good on tv, a little mixed but for a first try very successful.
I wonder what percentage of those not participating were Giants fans. Seems like usually at least 10-15% are visiting fans and unlike college games are pretty scattered in the stadium.

I wonder what percentage of those not participating were Giants fans. Seems like usually at least 10-15% are visiting fans and unlike college games are pretty scattered in the stadium.
I remember long ago when outside regional rivalries… traveling to see your NFL team was rare.

It seems way more common now. Especially for the Vikings when they went to DC this year.

I remember long ago when outside regional rivalries… traveling to see your NFL team was rare.

It seems way more common now. Especially for the Vikings when they went to DC this year.
Think the Vikings fans travel really well. Like surprisingly well. They're always all over visiting stadiums from what I can tell on TV.

I might do it more if there was better organization. Like a targeted effort to buy tickets in one area of the stadium. There might be, but I haven't come across that group yet. Maybe we're still a few fights and critical injuries away from the NFL implementing "away" sections.

Being seated with likeminded fans is one of the main reasons I travel more often for Gopher Football and Soccer. Experience is way more fun when I'm not getting heckled all game.

Last edited:

Just seems odd to set up a "white" out in an intraNFC game, non-rival which will only be in regional markets or those with the NFL package.
They wasted the White Out good vibes.

Top Bottom