Mobile Qb's

balds

Reaction score
While watching highlights from today's games, I was disgusted to see Qb after Qb running around making plays, securing wins and upsets. The Auburn QB, Mack Brown talking about how his Qb's mobility was key in their win, etc. Not to mention Persa and Henry killing us with their legs the past 2 of 3 games.

We have Gray touching the ball 3-8 times a game? In terms of division one Qb's, Weber is an ogre. Slow, deliberate, inaccurate, yammery & stammery, has low football IQ with zero ability to perform during key situations.

Of Brewster's many noticible mistakes, not to mention his complete inability to coach, the biggest is his undying allegience to Weber.

I Have Been Saying This ALL Year

While watching highlights from today's games, I was disgusted to see Qb after Qb running around making plays, securing wins and upsets. The Auburn QB, Mack Brown talking about how his Qb's mobility was key in their win, etc. Not to mention Persa and Henry killing us with their legs the past 2 of 3 games.

We have Gray touching the ball 3-8 times a game? In terms of division one Qb's, Weber is an ogre. Slow, deliberate, inaccurate, yammery & stammery, has low football IQ with zero ability to perform during key situations.

Of Brewster's many noticible mistakes, not to mention his complete inability to coach, the biggest is his undying allegience to Weber.

This is not a rip on Adam Weber. It simply is what it is. Watch 10 D1 games and 8 or 9 will be greatly impacted by a mobile QB that can threaten the perimeter. The lack of the running threat makes defensive preparation against us significantly easier.

So...IF Ohio State's qb would have shown up for the game...

OSU could have beaten Wisconsin tonight. He didn't have a very good night did he?

You guys are right

because Jordan Jefferson and the other guy are no good, certainly mobile Qb's are a bad thing. And because Pryor had a bad night, mobile Qb's can't be trusted.

Have you guys seen Adam Weber?

I don't claim to be a genius, but I must be a better college football coach than Tim Brewster. I can see clearly that we can't run the ball. I can see clearly that with Weber at Qb, we can't throw the ball, at least against first team defenses, on any third down, or if he has to deviate from his first read. Other than that he's dynamite.

Over the past last years we have needed some sort of gimmick to move the ball. A mobile Qb (which we have), the spread, run and shoot, triple option, anything. We have run a pro style offense, lacking a pro-style (or any style) QB.

And by the way Adam: from the split second you get the ball, if your head overly snaps toward the ground and your shoulders drop about a foot, it's not really play action. It's spastic and a dead give-a-way that you are about to under or overthrow a downfield receiver.

To simply think that we can rely on "pounding the rock" and Weber throwing the ball is delusional if not completely insane.

Of all the victims of the Brewster era, Adam Weber is the most grievously injured. The kid did what was asked of him despite bizarre scheme changes, fan vitriol, misguided coaching, no running attack, confused receivers, a leaky defense, shaky offensive line, and the disappointment of constant losing. He kept his cool and remained loyal to the program. I respect him and wish him well.

Of all the victims of the Brewster era, Adam Weber is the most grievously injured. The kid did what was asked of him despite bizarre scheme changes, fan vitriol, misguided coaching, no running attack, confused receivers, a leaky defense, shaky offensive line, and the disappointment of constant losing. He kept his cool and remained loyal to the program. I respect him and wish him well.

+1

Nice post.

I don't know. I don't think I can give him the whole "keeping his cool" part. I've seen him pout and whine about crap on the sidelines numerous times.

But anyways, back to the discussion at hand....

mobile QBs.....

HOW BOUT THAT T-MAGIC MARTINEZ kid from Nebraska!!?!

Oh, wait....

:cool02:

After all their whining and complaining and having them tuck tail and run to the Big Ten for more money, that was a sweet victory today for Texas against Nebraska. 1-9 vs. Texas in the Big 12. Awesome. That win almost makes up for the UCLA loss.

:clap:

Top Bottom