Mo Walker

6th big. You forgot about Oto.

He's kinda hybrid, but yeah, point is, he's like the 11th guy, and in the toughest games, 10 at most are seeing time. But I just looked and he's only DNP-CD'd the last two games. It's not like he hasn't played in weeks or something, though the minutes have been sparse, but that's not surprising for guys deeper on the bench.

If he transfers to another D1 school, he will have to sit out next season. (Would he forfeit a year or can he redshirt once for injury and once for transfer and maintain 4 years of playing eligibility?)

He would forfeit a year due to the five year clock running out. (Under the current rules.)

just don't get the intrigue over Mo - i'm sure he is a nice kid and i hope he does well for himself after college. But why do "we" think he is going to ever going to be a contributing member to this team? I wish he could give us a couple of productive minutes a night, but he is not at B1G level at this point in his college career. Hang on for another year; get college paid for, get the degree and be a great mens league pickup player at lifetime.

Take three 15 pound bowling balls and strap them to your ass and then try and jump, or even run.
That is how much weight Mo needs to lose to take the pressure off his knee/ legs. Did you see the intro before the Michigan game of the Gopher players coming up the stairs at Williams? Mo had to grab the railing. He has also been dealing with a shoulder injury in addition to an ankle problem.

Would like to see him get more time. Something seems odd.

If you're up 15 on Northwestern, why not let him get some run and see how well he does against big Alex Olah?

Walker can rebound, score and take up space. Nice weapon.

Walker cannot run the floor, he cannot rebound in space, he cannot move well laterally. He has great hands but is not a great athlete and cannot overcome the fact he is 35+ lbs overweight.

Agreed. Certainly there are more illogical transfers though (as you mentioned). I would still like to see Mo get a little time, especially in blowouts.

If he transfers to another D1 school, he will have to sit out next season. So he will have played 1/3 of a season two years ago, redshirt last year, 1/2 a season this year (DNP central) and another redshirt next year. That seems like an absurd move, but I guess we've seen it all around here. (Would he forfeit a year or can he redshirt once for injury and once for transfer and maintain 4 years of playing eligibility?)

Bottom line: The reason Mo doesn't play this year is all on Mo.

The irony here. Wow. I'm sure that's beyond your mental capacity though.

Do you pay attention at all to the source of posts? I'd like you to find one post where I bitch about a player transferring. You picked one post of mine to determine I'm an idiot and then you somehow speculated that I hope he transfers so that I can bitch about it. How in God's name did you come to that conclusion? Your reasoning is beyond comprehension.

I simply said that it wouldn't make sense for Mo to transfer for playing time purposes. I said I would THINK that in the scenario he does transfer, I would speculate that it has to do with him being pissed about his playing time this season. Is that such a crazy reason in the what-if scenario that he does transfer? Do you realize how many transfers are due to players being pissed about their playing time? Your speculation of a what-if scenario is a lot more logically sound though...

So you are making up an end result then going back and trying to find rational for getting to said end result. Yeah, what a great post. Sounds like you are hoping he transfers so you can bitch about it.

Top Bottom