MO Walker-visiting this weekend-package deal with Corey Joseph

soda

I'm pretty sure his keen interest stems more from the fact that Devoe Joseph is on the team already, and his brother Cory is pretty much the #1 target of Minnesota's recruiting efforts this Spring. Walker played AAU ball with both Joseph brothers, and they are all friends, which would make it a good fit for him. Plus, he has said that he likes Tubby Smith as a coach.

And, I think Walker's a 4-star, isn't he? I saw somewhere that he was the 12th-best big man in this year's class. It'd be nice to have two 3-stars (Eliason, Hollins), a 4-star (Walker), and a 5-star (Joseph) in this year's class, with the possibility of another 5-star (White) re-enrolling and getting another chance with this team.

Among other issues, unless I am mistaken, the scholarship Mo will take had been Mr. White's. With Cory and Mo, we do not need to speak further of Mr. White. I do wish him well however.

Go Gopfers.

:clap::clap::clap:

If we end up getting Walker and Cory to go along with Hollins and Elliason. And then Mbakwe is able to play, who do you think gets red shirted?

PG: Joseph, Nolan, Cobbs, Allen
SG: Joseph, Hoffarber, Hollins (RS)
SF: Carter, Williams, Dawson
PF: Mbakwe
C: Sampson, Iverson, Walker, Elliason (RS)

I'd see why Cobbs might want to transfer. I'd see Hollins and Elliason reshirting. Walker could be useful because of size so I wouldn't expect him to redshirt. I see Mbakwe, Sampson, and Carter getting a lot of time at PF, with Walker probably getting a little time there as well. Seems like Rodney will definitely get a lot more playing time as well.

And, I think Walker's a 4-star, isn't he? I saw somewhere that he was the 12th-best big man in this year's class. It'd be nice to have two 3-stars (Eliason, Hollins), a 4-star (Walker), and a 5-star (Joseph) in this year's class, with the possibility of another 5-star (White) re-enrolling and getting another chance with this team.

Rivals and Scout have him as a 3*. He is rated higher on ESPN (92, which probably would translate roughly to 4* if ESPN used star ratings).

Rivals and Scout have him as a 3*. He is rated higher on ESPN (92, which probably would translate roughly to 4* if ESPN used star ratings).

Thanks for the info. Regardless, all those rankings mean very little to the success of a kid once he joins a program. A 3-star kid who comes in and works hard in the weightroom and on conditioning can make a bigger impact than a 5-star kid who thinks he's good enough that he doesn't need to work as hard, and I think Walker sounds like he's the type of kid who would want to improve his game under the guidance of Tubby Smith and his staff.

Among other issues, unless I am mistaken, the scholarship Mo will take had been Mr. White's. With Cory and Mo, we do not need to speak further of Mr. White. I do wish him well however.

Go Gopfers.

:clap::clap::clap:

I wouldn't be so quick to say that it takes Royce's scholly away. From Justin Cobbs' status update on FB...now I could be reading between the lines...but he mentioned about a big decision coming and how a lot of people won't like it. So we could possibly have a transfer still.

I know some people hate those updates, but can you fill me in on whatever he's been saying that's likely related to the gophers? The only thing I heard was what he said right after the Xavier game.

I wouldn't be so quick to say that it takes Royce's scholly away. From Justin Cobbs' status update on FB...now I could be reading between the lines...but he mentioned about a big decision coming and how a lot of people won't like it. So we could possibly have a transfer still.

I know some people hate those updates, but can you fill me in on whatever he's been saying that's likely related to the gophers? The only thing I heard was what he said right after the Xavier game.

He DID fill us in. He just told us that Justin had written about a big decision coming up that was going to upset a lot of people.

If we end up getting Walker and Cory to go along with Hollins and Elliason. And then Mbakwe is able to play, who do you think gets red shirted?

PG: Joseph, Nolan, Cobbs, Allen
SG: Joseph, Hoffarber, Hollins (RS)
SF: Carter, Williams, Dawson
PF: Mbakwe
C: Sampson, Iverson, Walker, Elliason (RS)

I'd see why Cobbs might want to transfer. I'd see Hollins and Elliason reshirting. Walker could be useful because of size so I wouldn't expect him to redshirt. I see Mbakwe, Sampson, and Carter getting a lot of time at PF, with Walker probably getting a little time there as well. Seems like Rodney will definitely get a lot more playing time as well.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Hollins get some time next year if the shot is as strong as reported. Outside shooting could be very needed. We'd have Cory, Devoe, and Hoff for that, but Hollins could be a sneaky guy to come in for a few minutes and keep a defense stretched out for the fellas in the post.

My dream is for the University of Minnesota to have a point guard and a running back.

Any year now!

A man can dream, can't he?

If Cory comes....

then we might see Cobbs depart. Every player wants playing time and his opportunity would diminish if Joseph 2 comes....stilll I hope he stays....I think he will blossom, and if Cory should go elsewhere, I would think he would be more likey to stay. But as a selfish fan I want them both here.

I guess I didn't phrase it well. I understood that much, I meant to ask if he has said any more than that.

He DID fill us in. He just told us that Justin had written about a big decision coming up that was going to upset a lot of people.

My dream is for the University of Minnesota to have a point guard and a running back.

Any year now!

A man can dream, can't he?

If Cory signs with us-half of your dream will be realized.

You most likely will have to wait on the running back, but you knew that.

From Justin Cobbs' status update on FB...now I could be reading between the lines...but he mentioned about a big decision coming and how a lot of people won't like it.

If Cory signs, I can't imagine too many people being upset if Cobbs transfers.

KY

Let's review.

Mr. White has no scholarship to take away.

Mr White has no scholarship. He is not in school and has no scholarship.

If Mo signs up this weekend I believe that only leaves the one scholarship still awaiting CJ on the table.

If Justin does leave, and I hope he does not leave, that gives us one more scholarship.

In any case, in the above scenario, Mo, CJ, and Justin all either have a scholarship or has one available to him and Mr. White does not.

If Mo signs up this weekend I believe that only leaves the one scholarship still awaiting CJ on the table.

If Justin does leave, and I hope he does not leave, that gives us one more scholarship.

Royce tried to put pressure on Tubby before he quit to get himself back on the court. Now Coach has him sweating it out, wishing he could get back on the team. Well done Tubby.

Did I read Mo played at National Champion Brewster Academy? If he is playing against top level competition in HS he will come in much more ready for the Big Ten. Also, may mean he is under rated. Like Avery Bradley coming from Findley Prep - Coach Barnes stated it was more like having a good soph than a true freshman (already ready for top level competition).

GITx

Did I read Mo played at National Champion Brewster Academy? If he is playing against top level competition in HS he will come in much more ready for the Big Ten. Also, may mean he is under rated. Like Avery Bradley coming from Findley Prep - Coach Barnes stated it was more like having a good soph than a true freshman (already ready for top level competition).

Brewster = Yes.

http://www.maxpreps.com/high-school...wster-academy-bobcats/basketball/schedule.htm

See link above.

:)

redshirt

Along with our other big just think of the possibilities with a year of redshirting a guy with his physical attributes and the ability to play against Trevor in practice. He may not be the highest ranked center but then again neither was Hagen or Spencer!

Along with our other big just think of the possibilities with a year of redshirting a guy with his physical attributes and the ability to play against Trevor in practice. He may not be the highest ranked center but then again neither was Hagen or Spencer!

:eek:

I pray we never have to start a fat 6'8 unathletic center ever again. Isn't that why we brought in Tubby, someone who can actually recruit talent.

Let's review.

Mr. White has no scholarship to take away.

Mr White has no scholarship. He is not in school and has no scholarship.

In any case, in the above scenario, Mo, CJ, and Justin all either have a scholarship or has one available to him and Mr. White does not.

Incorrect.

From the start of this past season to today 5 scholarships have come available: Royce's, LW's, DJ's, Bostick's, and Carter's

As of right now 2 are taken : Eliason and Hollins

that makes 3 available

Even if we sign Joseph and Walker we'll still have 1 left

Ole

Incorrect.

From the start of this past season to today 5 scholarships have come available: Royce's, LW's, DJ's, Bostick's, and Carter's

As of right now 2 are taken : Eliason and Hollins

that makes 3 available

Even if we sign Joseph and Walker we'll still have 1 left

Not to be toooooo nitpicky, but...

I believe at the time I wrote the post ( 4/6 6PM ) you declare was "incorrect", Paul Carter was still on the team and his scholarship was not available.

:)

Bump,

The day has arived. If anyone has any idea what is happening this weekend for him or how it went let us know.

Mo Weather

Sure is some nice weather for Mo to enjoy during his stroll through the campus. I hope we hear some good news this weekend.

Top Bottom