Mo Walker Injury/Status Update Thread

BigAl

Reaction score
Does anyone know the status of Walker? Will he be playing at all before the B10 season starts? I haven't seen much about him in any of the practice notes or scrimmages.

Knee not ready; likely not ready to play until B10 season, if at all. I think there is a pretty good chance he will not play this year.

Knee not ready; likely not ready to play until B10 season, if at all. I think there is a pretty good chance he will not play this year.

Mainstream media is reporting it will be just a few more weeks. Not sure if this will be Kim Royston part 2, but that's what the media is reporting.

He has not been cleared for contact, but was somewhat active Tubby's tip off.

Personally, I have no clue.

Tubby was asked about Mo during his post game radio interview. Tubby said Mo has been working hard, but he did not indicate when Mo would be ready to play in game action.

Anyone think there is a chance Mo plays this year? Really seems that this will be a redshirt season for him. All of things I've heard don't sound too promising for him coming back in 2011-2012.

Maurice Walker

Does anyone know what his status is? Is he likely to rejoin the team anytime soon?

Edit: Does anyone know the status of Mo Walker? Okay after reading this article I have the update on Mo Walker http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/132311733.html

+1
Noticed Mo looked like he has lost weight (295 now vs 320 last year) when watching him wearing warmups on TV. Good to see him back but hope he takes it very slow so as not to cause another injury. I recall Tubby's practices are closed - wonder how much he is participating in practice.

Mo is still a ways away, sounds likd Big Ten play. If that is indeed the case I really hope we redshirt him. Think of our team next year without Trevor. We are going to need a healthy and strong Mo to take his place.

Mo is still a ways away, sounds likd Big Ten play. If that is indeed the case I really hope we redshirt him. Think of our team next year without Trevor. We are going to need a healthy and strong Mo to take his place.

Agree. If you buy Bilas' view that we have a top 5 front court now, and with EE looking like he may be able to play important minutes, it may make more sense to ensure Mo will be at 100% next year when the need up front will be much greater.

Severity of Walker's knee injury.

Can someone please comment regarding the nature and severity of Mo Walker's knee injury? He has been out a full year, which is an unusually long recovery period. Even ACL tears generally do not take that long to recover from. Was it worse than an ACL tear? Are his competitive basketball days potentially finished?

Can someone please comment regarding the nature and severity of Mo Walker's knee injury? He has been out a full year, which is an unusually long recovery period. Even ACL tears generally do not take that long to recover from. Was it worse than an ACL tear? Are his competitive basketball days potentially finished?
No, he will play again. When you are 6'11" and what 300 pounds? your knee takes more wear so it naturally takes longer to recover fully from a severe knee injury such as a complete ACL tear.

A pretty normal time table for an ACL tear recovery is at least 1 year. I would guess that he could be playing near full strength by the end of the season, but its simply a question of whether they want to burn a year of eligibility when he hasn't played any basketball until December/January or later.

On the basketball side, we would be a much better team with him, if and when he is ready to go. If he can play most of the Big season, with Ralph and Elliot, with the developlment of Rodney, with the development of our guards, we could do some real damage this year.

One can hope. After Trevor went down, there did not seem to be too much hope.

I may be wrong, but wasn't it a different ligament than the ACL? Not that it is all that big of a deal. When a man his size tears a knee ligament it's going to take a while to get back to full strength.

It was his PCL. Thought he would be back by now, but I guess I underestimated the recovery time for a guy his size.

ACL and PCL are virtually the same thing, one is for forward movement, the other for back ward movement.
regarding his recovery time, I have tore my ACL twice and had surgery and it has taken me exactly 6 months each time and still able to play full contact sports at 6 months. In addition the first time I also tore my meniscus too.
But he is 6'10 guy so surgery and knees are more complicated.

I do, but I can't release that information.

Sorry.

I am very sad I can't release it.

Okay- I get it. The news you have is so positive that you are disappointed that you can't tell us because you know it would make us happy. Translation: Mo will be practicing next week!

bga1 said:
Okay- I get it. The news you have is so positive that you are disappointed that you can't tell us because you know it would make us happy. Translation: Mo will be practicing next week!

Nope. He's transferring (just kidding ... I hope!)

Mo Walker's Injury

Does anyone know when this guy is coming back. He tore his ACL around this time last year and still isn't back.

Use google to properly identify the parts of the knee. Then use the search function to find your answer.

I know nothing about Mo's situation, but ACL's are generally about 6-8 months before athletes can go back to full practice and competition should follow shortly. I had a teammate in high school tear his in September in football and he was back by the end of December for basketball. I've never seen anyone else come back that fast, but I'm not sure if I've seen anyone take a year either. I'm surprised Mo isn't back yet.

We are going to need an all things Mo Walker injury thread soon. Week after week someone asks this question. Search bar is your friend.

It's a legitimate question. He wants to know when a specific individual who is 6-10 and 295 pounds will be back. It wouldn't be the worst thread on this site.

Top Bottom