Mo named National Offensive Player of the Week

Hopefully this, and more things like this, added to the most important factor of Mo continuing to rack up impressive statistics once B1G play begins - will allow him to slip into more Heisman talk. It also assumes the Gophers will be a contender, because that is also typically a factor in Heisman talk.

I hope Mo can get 100 yds each game and the Gophers keep winning games.
TDs and extra yards will just get added to the Heisman resume.

I would assume his stats will drop a lot now in Big 10 play, but even if they drop some, that's still a damn good resume.

I would assume his stats will drop a lot now in Big 10 play, but even if they drop some, that's still a damn good resume.

I wouldn't assume the stats will drop. He was pulled early in each of the first three games, especially the last game (one series after the half). Mo will be playing closer to full games in non-blow outs.

I wouldn't assume the stats will drop. He was pulled early in each of the first three games, especially the last game (one series after the half). Mo will be playing closer to full games in non-blow outs.
To your point he gashed tOSU (albeit a bad defensive version) for 163 in three quarters

I would actually say they may increase. He hasn't even played a full 4 quarters yet. They at least stay the same. This is the same guy who was running over Ohio State last year and was Big Ten running back of the year in 2020. Mo

Right--Mo is tied for 2nd in the nation in rushing yards with ~460 having played essentially 1.6 games. Imagine if we actually needed him to salt away a one score lead with an 8 minute, 4th quarter drive.

Big Ten didn't see fit to name Mo the Offensive Player of the Week. That went to the Ohio State QB for his work against Toledo (which was also impressive).

Top Bottom