Mo is coming back!

I don't really care, personally. Whoever the backup is, some people are certain that he's got to be better than the starter.
The backup doesn't matter. Let's move on from Tanner.

The Vikings had a guy named Case Keenum, great winning percent as a Viking, took them to the NFC championship. They went in a different direction the next year. They thought they could do better.

I'm hoping for better than 8 touchdowns and 7 picks.........or whatever the hell it is.

As has been said many times, the backup QB is always the team's most popular player with a certain portion of the fan base. On almost any football team, ever.

These fans seem to know far more about the skill levels of QBs on the roster than the coaching staff does. It's weird how coaches, who see these players in practice almost every day, just can't grasp the obvious.
Not weird in the least how dumb most of your posts are. Just expected.

The Vikings had a guy named Case Keenum, great winning percent as a Viking, took them to the NFC championship. They went in a different direction the next year. They thought they could do better.

I'm hoping for better than 8 touchdowns and 7 picks.........or whatever the hell it is.
How about this thread is about Mo.
🤷🏼‍♂️

So let's replace the current guy with a guy that doesn't matter?

Perfect logic. F'n brilliant.

Last edited:

How about this thread is about Mo.
🤷🏼‍♂️

Jeez, man. C'mon. At least try to keep up...

Every thread, on every fan board ever , is ultimately about:

1) Change the QB

2) Offensive play calling "sucks"

3) Fire the offensive coordinator.

Whoops, I forgot:

4) Why don't we throw to the tight ends?

I meant to have a question mark and didn't place it there.

The backup doesn't matter? Let's move on from Tanner.

Sorry, you lost me. I'm not sure what it is you're trying to say.

Respect whatever decision Mo made but I would have thought jumping to the NFL would be the right move.

Saw today Mel Kiper had him rated as the 7th best RB in the 2022 draft. Even with a huge year he may not move up much if at all from there for the 2023 draft.

Respect whatever decision Mo made but I would have thought jumping to the NFL would be the right move.

Saw today Mel Kiper had him rated as the 7th best RB in the 2022 draft. Even with a huge year he may not move up much if at all from there for the 2023 draft.

The seventh running back drafted in 2021 (according to the link below):

Rhamondre Stevenson, Oklahoma | R4-P120 | New England Patriots

According to Over the Cap, the first pick of the fourth round gets a projected salary of $814,377 as part of a four-year, $4.11 million contract. Salary ranges for fourth-round picks go from $814,377 to $733,600 which includes their signing bonus.

-------

Not sure how much of that is guaranteed. My guess: not much of it. Maybe the signing bonus only.

Won't be good enough for DumbitDown Murr,

As has been said many times, the backup QB is always the team's most popular player with a certain portion of the fan base. On almost any football team, ever.

These fans seem to know far more about the skill levels of QBs on the roster than the coaching staff does. It's weird how coaches, who see these players in practice almost every day, just can't grasp the obvious.

Lest we forget, these same coaches thought a true frosh Annexstad was better than Morgan until he got hurt. Sometimes you don't know until you see them in a real game not practice.

Glad Mo is coming back!

Kramer is getting playing time in a role he fits. Gotta give Clark a real chance to compete next year, I think. He has been loyal, waited his turn, signals in plays, has a great arm and attitude. 6’5”, 225. Deserves a fair chance in 2022. And, if he is meaningfully better than a returning Tanner, then PJ’s culture dictates that Clark should get hus chance to show it in the field.
I'm afraid the next time we see Clark or Annexstad it will be in the transfer portal. But I wholeheartedly agree with your sentiment.

This is great news. We might have the best running back room in all of college football next year with Mo, Ky, and Bucko. Trey is a wildcard as well but a question mark at this time. This will definitely lessen the burden if we have a new starting quarterback next year as well. Welcome back Mo!
You may very well be correct in your analysis here, but enthusiasm might need to be tempered a bit due to the status of this year's offensive line. The Gophers line was a big, strong, mature group that often physically wore down the opposition front 7 (or 8 or 9, due to PJ's Chryst like dedication to the run), which occasionally makes the runners look more talented than is reality. (See the relative lack of success of ballyhooed Badger backs when arriving in the NFL). Having three backs with a variety of styles with near equal talents would certainly be a nice running back room; it would be cool to again see an opponent similar to the Maroney-Barber days.

Last edited:

Other than Arian Foster all those guys were either already on the way out (white) or never that good to begin with

So yeah, it’s bad to be a fringe guy who gets the injury. And all else being equal, if you were a borderline cut before it you are a definite cut after it.

How’d that work out for the Vikings?

As a 5th year senior, Tanner is showing his ceiling as a QB. Will it be vastly different as a 6th year senior next season? Maybe but I can't imagine the growth will be significant.

I think we have guys on the roster who are equally capable now who may very well have a higher ceiling potential. If nothing else, Fleck should use every opportunity to groom the next guy. But he doesn't and that bugs me.

I think it's pretty solid logic too although brilliant may be an over-reach, but I'll take it. Thanks!

As a 5th year senior, Tanner is showing his ceiling as a QB. Will it be vastly different as a 6th year senior next season? Maybe but I can't imagine the growth will be significant.

I think we have guys on the roster who are equally capable now who may very well have a higher ceiling potential. If nothing else, Fleck should use every opportunity to groom the next guy. But he doesn't and that bugs me.

I think it's pretty solid logic too although brilliant may be an over-reach, but I'll take it. Thanks!
Just because they don't put another QB out there is garbage time doesn't mean they are not working to groom the next guy.

Lest we forget, these same coaches thought a true frosh Annexstad was better than Morgan until he got hurt. Sometimes you don't know until you see them in a real game not practice.

Glad Mo is coming back!
Lest we also forget, Fleck once commented that Cam Wiley reminded him of O.J. Simpson. Fleck is a good judge of talent but not invincible.

Yes they are in a lot of cases. Unless you see a ton of value in turning and handing off to a running back during garbage time.
Garbage time has it's merits I guess, but the Iowa game was a missed golden opportunity. There have been others. Most good coaches keep an eye on the future. Fleck is laser focused on the present.

Fleck's a smart guy though. Having a rookie, zero experience QB is a built in excuse for the future.

Garbage time has it's merits I guess, but the Iowa game was a missed golden opportunity. There have been others. Most good coaches keep an eye on the future. Fleck is laser focused on the present.

Fleck's a smart guy though. Having a rookie, zero experience QB is a built in excuse for the future.
If Morgan comes back next year and starts, it's time to question the recruiting of quarterbacks at Minnesota.

If Morgan comes back next year and starts, it's time to question the recruiting of quarterbacks at Minnesota.
If Morgan returns we will have six scholarship QBs on the roster. If he goes with Morgan it kind of means we have five not as good as Tanner's mediocre '21 performance.

If Morgan returns we will have six scholarship QBs on the roster. If he goes with Morgan it kind of means we have five not as good as Tanner's mediocre '21 performance.

Um, disagree. If you think a redshirt freshmen (outside the top few 5-star QBs in the nation) should be better than a 5th or 6th year guy, you haven't been watching college football very long. Just because Athan isn't ready to start next year, doesn't meant he can't - and won't - be a very good QB

No doubt. I’m sure they discussed the best ways to setup excuses for 2022 and beyond. Definitely the way the coaches would plan for the future. Gotta CYA right, certainly not doing what they believe is best for the team. All about having those excuses ready.

Um, disagree. If you think a redshirt freshmen (outside the top few 5-star QBs in the nation) should be better than a 5th or 6th year guy, you haven't been watching college football very long. Just because Athan isn't ready to start next year, doesn't meant he can't - and won't - be a very good QB
So you're saying we have five quarterbacks named Nathan?

If Morgan returns next year we will have 1, maybe 2 QBs entering the portal.

Top Bottom