Mo in the NFL?

alot depends on the 40 he runs at the combine but i will guess round 3-5

I think he can be a late round pick, but it will depend on if he stays healthy the rest of this season and if tests well at the combine/pro day.
His pass blocking is really good and he hasn't had the opportunity to catch passes much, but in the few he has caught, he looks pretty natural at it and doesn't fit it like some RB's do.
I was wrong about him earlier in his career in that I didn't think he had the skills to be an NFL back, but his performance this year has changed that. He has everything that NFL teams are looking for in a RB except for breakaway speed. He has great balance, vision and toughness. He runs with patience and then explodes through the hole when it opens. He can pass block as well as any back in college. He has not had the chance to show what he can do in the passing game but I feel he will be able to in his post National Semi-FInal/Final game work outs. :) Plus he rarely fumbles.

Mo digs a challenge. So I seen him being better than most of of thing he will be at first glance

With rule changes, the NFL has become basketball on grass. It isn't really football anymore. That's why I'm bored with it, and have turned to following college football almost exclusively. My wife asked me what time the Viking game was on TV tomorrow, and I didn't even know — or care.

Hard-nosed, hard-running RBs are de-valued in the NFL. Ballerina/diva WRs are the rage.
I agree. My whole life I watched every Vikings game no matter what. But I quit watching 4 years ago. Didn't even watch the Packers game.

It's like watching pinball or American Gladiators. It's not football. And hearing how great a quarterback is every single week isn't interesting to me. Not to mention the horrible personal-foul calls and other bad officiating. Unwatchable.

Lack of breakaway speed and not being a proven pass catcher will push him to the 5th or 6th round. I could see him having a Leroy Hoard like career. Amazing college back. So fun to watch.
23 Rb's were taken in the last draft, 0 in the first round.

Leroy Hoard still responsible for the greatest Viking quote of all time.

When asked about his role with the team, Hoard said"

"If you need 2 yards, I'll get you 3. If you need 5 yards, I'll get you 3."

may be the funniest thing any Viking has ever said.

Leroy Hoard still responsible for the greatest Viking quote of all time.

When asked about his role with the team, Hoard said"

"If you need 2 yards, I'll get you 3. If you need 5 yards, I'll get you 3."

may be the funniest thing any Viking has ever said.
Also had one of the greatest runs in Vikings history. 1999 at Denver, I believe. it was like 3rd and 24 from very deep in our own end and he picked it up on a draw play.

edit: it was 3rd and 37.

NFL copyright prohibited me from linking it, but you can find it on YouTube by searching 'Leroy Hoard converts Miraculous 3rd and 37'

Well, I stand corrected!

Sarcasm aside (as I'm not trying to make enemies here) but wasn't one of those just a shovel pass? I thought it was the first drive, and I was wondering whether it was rushing yardage or passing yardage.

That's not gonna convince scouts. If he comes in somewhere as an UDFA and has trouble catching passes during the pre-season, he probably gets cut, maybe signed to a practice squad.
No shovel passes.

One was one of my favorite plays of the game. He chipped the DE on his way out of the backfield, then caught a swing pass (for lack of better verbiage), then completely trucked the defender that tried to bring him down in the open field. Finally brought down on the sideline by 2 more defenders.

It was 13:16 of the 2nd quarter if someone can post clips.

Edit. The 1:30 mark of this video

Last edited:

alot depends on the 40 he runs at the combine but i will guess round 3-5
Normal combine stats won't be as important for Mo as with most backs. Heart and drive don't get measured at the combine. His yards after contact is much more important than 40 speed.

Teams don’t spend many draft picks on Rb that are over 22. There is a reason all draftable RB leave after 3 years so they take punishment in the nfl not college. He is 3-4 years older than his peers in the draft and very few RB last past 30

Also had one of the greatest runs in Vikings history. 1999 at Denver, I believe. it was like 3rd and 24 from very deep in our own end and he picked it up on a draw play.

edit: it was 3rd and 37.

NFL copyright prohibited me from linking it, but you can find it on YouTube by searching 'Leroy Hoard converts Miraculous 3rd and 37'

Found the video. Jake Reed had key downfield block on that play.

Teams don’t spend many draft picks on Rb that are over 22. There is a reason all draftable RB leave after 3 years so they take punishment in the nfl not college. He is 3-4 years older than his peers in the draft and very few RB last past 30

Mo effectively only has about 2.5 seasons under his belt due to injury and position competition. If he stays healthy, there could be some tread on those tires. Just for reference, Mo with 636 carries just passed Ezekial Elliot's career carries of 592 at OSU in 3 seasons. Saquon Barkely had 671 carries in 3 seasons. Dalvin Cook had 687 carries.

1664327939154.png

People also said Mo would struggle to come back from the Achilles and/or would never be the same. At this point, I would never doubt Mo.

Top Bottom