Mo in the NFL?

Samiam28

Reaction score
What kind of running back do you think Ibrahim will be in the NFL?

He can possibly latavus Murray role but he's not really modern NFL back

Great question. He’ll get drafted mid rounds Im guessing. He’ll stick around in a 3rd down back type of role, could get more if he stays healthy. He’s so fun to watch.

Not much. He'll be 25 as a rookie, no proven catching ability, lots of use in college, and already had a ruptured achilles.

I'd be surprised if he was drafted before Day 3.

Great question. He’ll get drafted mid rounds Im guessing. He’ll stick around in a 3rd down back type of role, could get more if he stays healthy. He’s so fun to watch.
I agree 3rd round sounds right. He needs to get paid early since he is older for a rb.

Lack of breakaway speed and not being a proven pass catcher will push him to the 5th or 6th round. I could see him having a Leroy Hoard like career. Amazing college back. So fun to watch.
23 Rb's were taken in the last draft, 0 in the first round.

With rule changes, the NFL has become basketball on grass. It isn't really football anymore. That's why I'm bored with it, and have turned to following college football almost exclusively. My wife asked me what time the Viking game was on TV tomorrow, and I didn't even know — or care.

Hard-nosed, hard-running RBs are de-valued in the NFL. Ballerina/diva WRs are the rage.

With rule changes, the NFL has become basketball on grass. It isn't really football anymore. That's why I'm bored with it, and have turned to following college football almost exclusively. My wife asked me what time the Viking game was on TV tomorrow, and I didn't even know — or care.

Hard-nosed, hard-running RBs are de-valued in the NFL. Ballerina/diva WRs are the rage.
Wouldn’t say i’m completely gone from watching the NFL by any means but I can definitely feel my interest slipping away little by little

Would need to go to team that has a receiving smaller back as RB1, Chargers or Panthers probably best fit

Lack of breakaway speed and not being a proven pass catcher will push him to the 5th or 6th round. I could see him having a Leroy Hoard like career. Amazing college back. So fun to watch.
23 Rb's were taken in the last draft, 0 in the first round.
+o4

Unfortunately I think he will likely go undrafted, or 4th-7th round at best. Which sucks because I love him and he's given so much to this program. Hope he wins some postseason awards.

6th/7th Rounder. His game does not translate to the NFL other than a 3rd down back on a poor team. However, lacks pass catching ability on tape so even that’s a stretch. Love the guy and he’s perfect for the B1G and Minnesota, but not a lot of burst either. For his sake, hoping he can cash some paychecks for a couple seasons even as a special teamer if nothing else.

He'll earn an NFL paycheck, no doubt. The big question though, is will it be as a UDFA guy, or as a 5th round + type. Should he stay healthy all year, the 4th round would be the target. The age thing doesn't mean much for him. The team that drafts him will just be looking for some consistency, which he will provide in whatever role he is given.

Spot on!

Mo always reminds me of a college version of Emmitt Smith.

High praise, and it could be a comparison to aspire to. Smith had extremely good vision, ran tough, but was not a burner. This model worked very well behind a very strong offensive line. An old quote I found about Smith:

"Emmitt Smith ran a 4.7 in the 40 at 5 feet 9, 216 pounds. That caused him to slide to 17th overall in the draft out of the University of Florida.

Critics said at the time: He can’t go 80 yards. To which former Rams general manager Charley Armey would always reply: Sure he can. Just give it to him four times.

Smith, of course, went on to become the NFL’s all-time career rushing leader."

late round draft or even UDFA. I have a feeling that his combine results will not be kind to him.

Definitely going to go down as one of my all-time favorite Gophers though.

I just love the way he runs and manages to glance off would-be tacklers. I get this little burst of excitement when his unique running style with his shoulders moving back and forth fires up. Its like those shoulders sway back and forth like a hypnotist's pocket watch on a chain and it hypnotizes tacklers into freezing, when they get near him.

Agree 100%! Was exactly who I was going to say.
Same. I've been making this comp for over a year. Assuming he stays healthy, he'll either get drafted very late or picked up as an UDFA. He'll slowly catch the attention of coaches in camp as they notice he can do everything, including pass block which is extremely important for rookie backs. He'll pick up the scheme quickly, wow with his vision and some tough runs between the tackles during camp, show he can catch the ball (which he's put on film now this year), and slowly earn PT. I have no doubt he'll play a few years in the league.

High praise, and it could be a comparison to aspire to. Smith had extremely good vision, ran tough, but was not a burner. This model worked very well behind a very strong offensive line. An old quote I found about Smith:

"Emmitt Smith ran a 4.7 in the 40 at 5 feet 9, 216 pounds. That caused him to slide to 17th overall in the draft out of the University of Florida.

Critics said at the time: He can’t go 80 yards. To which former Rams general manager Charley Armey would always reply: Sure he can. Just give it to him four times.

Smith, of course, went on to become the NFL’s all-time career rushing leader."
"college version"

I don't think he gets drafted. If he does it will be really late.

By the time he plays his first NFL snap, he'll be 25 years old. He has medical history and he isn't a huge part of the passing game. Additionally, the guy is a ~200 lbs power back.

That said, Mo is just built different. I would never underestimate what he will actually accomplish. I think he gets to the NFL, impresses, and plays for a few years before gets into coaching.

3rd down back? With no receiving TDs in all these years of action, being the starter? If we don't start throwing to him on some NFL-type routes for RBs he probably won't get drafted.

You just can't bring a skill-position player on an NFL field nowadays if they aren't a pass-catching threat.

Not trying to hate on Mo, but how often is an NFL offense going to ask him to do what he's doing here? And the lack of breakaway speed will hurt too. If I'm an NFL offensive coordinator and I scheme my RB to the open field, I want him to take it the distance (except for when someone like Neon Deion is chasing him down, etc.).

I think that concerns about Mo's pass catching are over stated. He caught two passes against MSU. I believe that by the end of the season, there will be enough tape of Mo as a pass catcher, to satisfy scouts that he's a viable pass catching option. I think that Pittsburgh might be a viable option.

I think that concerns about Mo's pass catching are over stated. He caught two passes against MSU.
Well, I stand corrected!

Sarcasm aside (as I'm not trying to make enemies here) but wasn't one of those just a shovel pass? I thought it was the first drive, and I was wondering whether it was rushing yardage or passing yardage.

That's not gonna convince scouts. If he comes in somewhere as an UDFA and has trouble catching passes during the pre-season, he probably gets cut, maybe signed to a practice squad.

I think that concerns about Mo's pass catching are over stated. He caught two passes against MSU. I believe that by the end of the season, there will be enough tape of Mo as a pass catcher, to satisfy scouts that he's a viable pass catching option. I think that Pittsburgh might be a viable option.
Just as an example of how unique of a prospect Mo is.

Pittsburgh's current backup (Benny Snell) is the same age as Mo and he is in his 4th NFL season. He also had more yards and TDs than Mo in 3 seasons at Kentucky. Mo will likely pass him but sometimes I forget just how good NFL players are.

But I do agree with you Mo would look good in Pittsburgh. I've never seen a tougher RB.

Top Bottom